Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
As we sit back this afternoon and there are not many of us left staying tonight, I just want to thank ya Madame Boomer for another great rally. It was again a great time with plenty of good food. Thanks from us.

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #58

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
I was there this weekend and there were mixed reports. I did not have any problems checking in - my experiences were mostly positive. The park was nice and clean and Paul in the office even brought down extra chairs when my site didn't have a picnic table. My only complaint was the temperature of the hot tub and the pool. I finally got to go in the hot tub when it was hot but the pool was very cold (although I was told that the pool warmed up later). The clubroom was nice although a bit small for our group. They are enlarging the sites and they were clean and level. The area down by the river was very nice although it lacked parking space for vehicles and thereby prevented me (with my broken foot) from riding down there for the Easter Egg hunt. I know I heard from others who said they did not want to go back there, but I enjoyed my weekend. How can you NOT have a good time when you are with the Texas Boomers???
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #59

Texas Boomers Club
Crudeman -
Ya'll are so lucky! One of these days, I hope to be able to sit back another day, two, week or month and wave to all who have to leave a rally Ya'll soak it up...there's a bunch of us who had to say farewell this morning. Personally, I hate "have to go home" day!

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">EASTER RALLY 2008</span>
Easter came early ( really really early) this year, but the Texas Boomers came out in force to celebrate! We couldn't have asked for better weather this time around...remember the hail storm in Kerrville, the flood in Bandera and the unexpected snow in Murchison last year? All great times despite the weather, but this year was perfect!

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">TO JIM AND DORINDA</span>
So sorry that ya'll didn't get all the way to Bastrop. We all hope that the rig will be fixed pronto and you can be on the road with the Boomers again soon. You were missed.

Along this topic, a special note of thanks to Doug R and Steve W who hit the road to find the Willis' and lend a hand. It reinforces my long held believe that when a Boomer is stranded, another Boomer isn't far away to come help!

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">WELCOME TO OUR NEWBIES</span>
We were honored to have the Dyes from League City, the Warfields from Seabrook with 15 mo old Alyssa, The Wrays out of Garland and the Santerres from way down in Mission. Hope ya'll come back often!

It was a pleasure to finally get to meet Alan Taylor, Jim and Kathi Glaus and their family and the Neals, Gregg and Jodi! They've all attended SE Area Campouts over the past year.

And great to see Miss Texas Tee and Dan who came down from Austin to visit the Boomers on Saturday night. It was good to lay my eyes on ya!

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">THE CRAWDADS CAME ACROSS THE TEXAS/LOUISIANA BORDER</span>
Friday night, JuJu and Harry Hartley served up the spiciest tub of shrimp gumbo I've ever put in my mouth! Nothing skimpy or shrimpy about it - it was fabulous. Thank you both for a great night...and the margaritas that followed!!

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">EASTER HAT CONTEST</span>
Oh my oh my oh my - each year we look forward to the hat contest! As always, it's just too good to miss! Even the guys got in on the parade too! Ken Wilson, Lee Finlay and Harry Nevedomsky, the Men's Division Winner. They brought us to our knees in tears...laughing of course I'm sure those pics will be on the www.texasboomers.org website soon!

Our parade of lovely ladies included Samantha Yoder, Sue Yoder, Randee Saber, Pat Allen, Norma Nevedomsky and our winner Cheryl Talbott brought to the floor ..........unique....vast......array....of Easter finery!

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">HOW CAN WE LEAVE OUT THE FOOD?</span>
As always, breakfast and the rally supper was awesome. We NEVER run out of food and continue to uphold our tradition of being an "eating club with an RV'ing disorder". I do believe we have the best cooks in the state!

TO PROVE IT: Thanks to Susan Wilson who led a brigade of ladies to use the mountain of rice left over from the gumbo night and magically made it into a GREAT rice pudding for the rally supper!

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">THE EASTER EGG HUNT</span>
Thank you Texas Boomers for sponsoring the Easter Egg Hunt for the entire park. My sincerest note of thanks to all the ones who came to "hide" the eggs. Alyssa was a doll baby running to find the eggs - such a delight to see a little child full of wonder! And to a park guest whose nephew was spending the weekend with her. And most of all to the "big kids" who helped retrieve all the remaining eggs!

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">AS WE COME TO A CLOSE..</span>
It's not one person who makes a successful rally or a great rv club! Thank you to all who came to share the special holiday with friends new and old.

Until we meet again..........

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Samantha and I had a great weekend. The hot tub/pool not heating and the traffic noise was the only bad things. Was great to have a big and wonderful turn out.

Driving home in the wind, I could have done without. But took our time and made it home safely.

Hope everyone else arrives home safely and can wait to do it again.

Thanks again to everyone for doing whatever they did to make our weekend great.
Sue
Sue Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #61
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sandy, you always bring out the best in folks....but this crew could have a great time in a Wal Mart parking lot.....

We had a great time and as usual...too much food.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #62

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy and Boomers,
We had a great time and good food as always; looking forward to the next rally. We have misplaced our Sony digital camera and blue case. We had it in the rally hall for breakfast/dinner on Saturday. If anyone found it, please let me know. I will pay for shipping costs. I will contact the park on Monday morning. Take care all.
Kelly

Cody "Let's Fish/Shoot" Rogers
txlawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #63

Texas Boomers Club
Sue -
I have edited the "rally review" to put your name in there for the Easter Hat Contest...don't know where my head was, but I couldn't find my paper and all the names of entries were coming from recall! Glad you made it home okay despite the wind and look forward to the next time!

Kelly -
There was a camera left out by the pool/spa area, but it belonged to Barbara Spade. I did not see a camera anywhere as I was cleaning up. I do hope it was found and turned in to the office. Glad ya'll came and hope to see ya'll again really soon!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #64
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
WOW what a great weekend !

From the burgers n brats and campfar at our rig on Thursday to the Shrimp Gumbo n other cajun stuff and campfar at Hartleys on Friday to the awesome breakfast and dinner on Saturday with a couple of movies, Texas Holdem, LCR and an Easter Bonnet contest thrown in you couldn't help but have fun. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting some new folks too.

I got my black tank full of (oops - bad word) home OK. Now ifn I just knew what to do about it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Maybe if I let it sit there long enuff it'll evaporate.

Hope everyone else got home safe with no mishaps.

We found a pair of rose colored lens sunglasses when we picked up the rally hall this morning if anyone lost a pair.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:11 PM   #65

Texas Boomers Club
Steve Wilson,
Kelly called Juju (Judy) about looking for our camera at the rally hall. Don Allen did not find it there when cleaning up Sunday so there really is no use looking there. We have come to the conclusion that it may have been accidentally thrown in the trahs bag and then put in the trash dumpster behind the rally hall before we left Sunday morning. We have torn up the house, camper and truck and can come up with no other place for it to be. If anyone should find it somewhere, please let us know and we will make arrangements to get it back. Thanks everyone for a great Easter weekend. Until next time everyone take care.
Eddie

Cody "Let's Fish/Shoot" Rogers
txlawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:56 AM   #66

Texas Boomers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to TexasTreat Send a message via Skype™ to TexasTreat
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">It was great seeing everyone again!! We hope to be back to campin' w/The Boomers this fall!As always, Great Food, Great Friends, Great Times are had with The Boomers!! Thanks to everyone for a warm welcome home!
Hugs, Tee & Dan </span>
TexasTreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:46 AM   #67

Sandy,
We just wanted to let you know we had a great time. Everyone made us feel welcome. We look forward to future events.

We certainly appreciate the effort everyone made so Alyssa could collect Easter eggs.

See Ya'll soon,

Marty & Evelyn Dye
M & E Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote