Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:54 AM   #57

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm sorry to hear about the problems y'all are having with the RV Ranch staff. Although Judy and I are not going to be able to make this rally, I thought I'd share a little information about similar experiences.

In the past 5 years, both our doctor and our dentist have hired office staff from the same "gene pool" as the persons generating the complaints about rudeness at the RV Ranch. Amazingly, both offices kept that staff for more than a year, despite numerous complaints. I was so frustrated with a couple of the staff members who acted this way at the doctor's office that we came close to switching doctors. We've been going to our doctor for more than 15 years and he has seen us through a variety of medical conditions. I'm not sure that we would have had the confidence in another doctor under those same circumstances.

Fortunately, both the dentist and doctor finally recognized the problem and changed the staff. The new doctor's staff is better than ever and we are glad that we stayed.

My message is simply this: even the best businesses sometimes make staffing errors and appear to take forever to correct them. While I'll drop someone new like a hot potato at the first sign of rude behavior when I expected good customer service, I'm not acting in my own best interests to sacrifice a good long term relationship over a few squabbles with the office staff. As Sandy points out, there are not a lot of options here in the Dallas Ft Worth area and I think it is good to keep as many of our choices for locations as open as possible. If the RV Ranch is any kind of a business at all, they figure this problem out and resolve it - and we'll all be the better for it.

Just one guy's unsolicited opinion.

Charlie

chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:24 AM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Like noted, you can put up with a lot if you are with friends...

I hope we are not headed to a record temp week end on Labor Day.

Y'all remember the Labor Day in 2000, Houston had 3 days of records...107, 107 and 109 dF.

Ken

Old 08-10-2007, 09:44 AM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Heck I am ready for the auction. Bring those goodies and let the bids begin. This will be the auctioneer after the bids are in.

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:05 AM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
I'm sure Don will be on here soon to post about the auction. I've already got my two gifts! Can I bid on my own gift? It's toooooo cute!

Sandy
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #61

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy with you handling the details with the office I will wont have to go in anyhow so I will just enjoy my Boomer Friends. See you in September.

Harry
Harry & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Thank you Harry! I'll be posting meal signups and site assignments early next week. I think I've got everything running as smoothly as possible so we can enjoy ourselves and not have to pay any attention to anything going on in the office!

Sandy

...I'm looking for the other axe to fall!!! ha! ha!
Old 08-11-2007, 02:36 AM   #63

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy,
I appreciate the comments about my decision not to come to Burleson, but I still haven't changed my mind. Isn't this the place that made us get out of the pool at 8:30?

I'll be coming back to Rayford Crossing, where they cater to us and allow us to go in the pool and hot tub all day and all night.

As I said, I'll miss my Boomer buddies.....
Old 08-11-2007, 07:01 AM   #64

Texas Boomers Club
Jay if I remenber right that was tow tx. that we we're at, and if Sandy is handleing the paying and site assignment I don't know why anyone have to go in the office anyway, and if you do have to go in there for ice or whatever how long are you going to be in there for anyhow? ten minutes or so and just how rude can they be in ten minutes that would make you not to want to spend a good time with your friends? as Charlie said thats just my two cents.
now with that said I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends and having a good time.
Jim & dorinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #65

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy,
I just signed on and saw the last 2 pages. So sorry that there is a problem with the RV Ranch.
However as the saying goes, "good help is soooo hard to find!"
Since Chuck and I are only going to be traveling 13 miles would it help if we gave up our site to someone else who wants to come. That is if we would still be allowed to socialize with our "boomer friends" without our rig being on site that is. I wish we were set up to host some overflow but we aren't (no sewers, elec. outlets, etc.) so if this will help please let me know.
Maggie
Parrot Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Miss Maggie -

Thank you, Miss Maggie, for your offer but NO WAY do I want you to give up your site! I intend to sit down with you and Chuck and one more person for a re-match on spades, dominoes or whatever else we like to play!

See you on Labor Day, but SEND MONEY before then please

Sandy

<span class="ev_code_RED">Reminder to all attendees: if you haven't sent me your site fees and pizza $$, please do so before the 28th to give me time to deposit and write out our check. Send to</span>

Sandy Creekmore
13010 Wincrest Court
Cypress Tx 77429

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Jim and Dorinda - don't forget, they DO have some really cute things in the gift store of the office though that people might want to go in and look at. They have great prices for cutesy little things. Let's just all go in at once - smile BIG Say NOTHING- and maybe we'll leave with our heads on (and something cute in our hands!!!)</span>
Old 08-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #67

Texas Boomers Club
Sandy...on site assignments...I forgot to say that Lee Ferguson has a handicap sticker, trouble walking, and wants to be up close...sorry I forgot...

'04 Itasca Suncruiser 38G, W22 Upgrade Kit, Henderson Trac Bar, Davis TruTrac, Steer Safe
Hamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:52 AM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Hamie -

I've got ya'll right in front of the rally room door and the Ferguson's are right beside you! I really do try to put those with health issues as close to the rally bldgs as possible and I know Miss Janet is due to have another surgery!

I'll be posting the site # list as soon as I get it approved....hopefully next week!

See you soon! Hugs to Miss Janet!
Sandy
Old 08-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Friday Night Movie

Buddy Warren has order WILD HOGS and will bring it so we can all see it on Friday Night after supper. Popcorn will be provided...bring your own beverage!!!

THANK YOU BUDDY!!!!

Sandy
Old 08-15-2007, 07:09 PM   #70
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sandy,
I assuume you plan to use my new projection equipment.