Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cool Texas State Fair

Any recommendations for RV parks near the Texas State Fair in Dallas. Ones with pull thrus and full hookups. Thanx in advance.

fatguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
How close do you want to be? Destiny RV park is nice, but it's about 45 minutes away.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:55 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I do not know of anything nice close to the fair grounds. It is not located in the best of areas.

Destiny would be the best bet in my opinion.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Miniature Schnauzer, one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:23 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We like this place, plus there's lots to do locally. The Vineyards

As Ken said, Fair Park is not the best area of Dallas to stay in. IMHO.
Elkhartjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:39 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post

As Ken said, Fair Park is not the best area of Dallas to stay in. IMHO.
I checked this park out when I was up there earlier this year at a conference. NICE park! The hosts were nice too. I was planning on just zipping in and out to check the place out. Wound up chatting for a hour or so with the camp host.

Also if you are going to the state fair, there is supposed to be a display of some Ford trucks with Powerstrokes in them. The trucks that will be there are from the membership of "The North Texas Powerstroke Association". Drop in an tell them Don said howdy. (The Louisiana member of their club)

They have a yearly gathering now held in Caddo Mills, TX. This year is the tenth anniversary gathering. As usual, I'm-a-gonna be there. (I have been to the gathering each year)
Old 08-25-2009, 05:18 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Haven't stayed at Destiny or The Vinyard. They're both only 15-20 minutes from my house. I'll be at The Vinyard next month with a camping group. I have driven through it. It's a nice place.

Another place to check out is Lloyd Park in Grand Prairie. It's a city park that's as nice, if not nicer, than a lot of state or Corps parks. No sewer, though.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Unfortunately both the Vinyard and Destiny will have you driving thru Dallas or around LBJ (Hwy 635). Both are best done between 1 and 3 AM.
I would stay on the east side of town missing a lot of the traffic. Never been there but the Plantation Place www.plantationplacerv.com looks to meet most of your requirements. Also, park on the fair grounds @ east side of the grounds.
Assume you've found the Fair internet site? Believe it's bigtex.com which has a schedule of events and "special days". Dallas schools day(s) - stay away. We've found that tuesdays are best and that from a person that can remember "barrage balloons" over the park. I think it was more advertising than a need.
Corn dog and a beer, my favorite meal
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:43 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Treetops RV Village in Arlington is very nice. It's close to I-20, and it will take you approx 40 minutes to get to Fair Park. Lots of shade, and full hookups. Also, there is an RV park at Trader's Village in Grand Prairie - about 10 minutes closer to Dallas. The Vinyards is very nice, but it's usually booked up. We go to Loyd Park a lot, and it is now a Good Sams park, but no sewer hookups. Cedar Hill State Park is nice also, and even closer to Dallas, but no sewer. As others have suggested, be sure to park in an official State Fair parking lot. Lots of bad stories about the cheap parking offered in people's yards around the fair grounds. It's not a good neighborhood, but we have gone every year for many years without any problems. Be sure to get the Fletcher's Corn Dog - it's the real deal. Diane.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
It is a little easier too come in to the park from the east then it is from the west, so this place Bluebonnet Ridge RV Park | Terrell, TX may be what you are looking for. I live about 20 miles east of Blue Bonnet Ridge RV and it takes us about 30 to 40 minutes to get to the fair grounds. As long as you do not try and drive in before 8 am or after 4 pm the traffic isn't too bad.