Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:07 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Our thoughts and prayers are with our friends in Oklahoma and through the mid-west to Missouri. We hope all of you are safe.

Dealing with the aftermath of the huge ice storm that passed through your neck of the woods is not easy nor fun. Hope you all have power and will be back "normal" very soon.

From the Texas Boomers
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2007, 03:07 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Our thoughts and prayers are with our friends in Oklahoma and through the mid-west to Missouri. We hope all of you are safe.

Dealing with the aftermath of the huge ice storm that passed through your neck of the woods is not easy nor fun. Hope you all have power and will be back "normal" very soon.

From the Texas Boomers
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:29 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Let us hear from ya'll up in Oklahoma as you mamge to get power back. From what we have seen on the news, it is pretty bad...God's speed.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #4

I'll check in but. Some of the Ok. Bommers may not like this because thay have troubles
but here it is 58 and a little rain. but I have the Honda 3000 sitting on the back porch gased
and ready. We would like to come down your way
before it gets us. But Betty's Mom is in the Hospital. She and the other 2 Girls are taking
turns staying with hers

Missy & Lucy ( goofy Shih Tzu
heinz577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #5
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Heinz & Betty,
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and Betty and her Mom. You all be safe, and keep us posted. Pat is now up and about with her cane. Hope Betty's knee is getting better day by day also. Looking forward to seeing ya'll in Thackerville in May - provided OK has thawed out by then.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bet ya'll are loking forfward to MAY and warmer weather. Any word from the folks near Tulsa and OKC.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 12-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Just a quick note while I am where I have internet access. We have been without any power since last Saturday, have major damage to the trees and such, and some water damage in the house. Most of the Tulsa area has been down since the storm but Tulsa has about 70% power restored today. I am living in the trailer in the garage using the genset in it for power to the frig, freezer and stuff, and to keep the batteries up. Charley and her dad have been staying with friends south of Tulsa that still have power. No word yet on how much longer we'll be down, I'll post when we get back on line. They are calling for snow tonight and I still have about 1/2" of ice on everything, had over an inch to begin with.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts.

Later

Ps....Ken, lost all the antenna's too.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Tom, sorry to hear about the house. Hope the damage is minimal. Most of all, glad that you are safe.

Now for the antenna, you need to rig it as a heat strip and put some power on it to keep it nice and warm. Back up power to make sure you can keep the antenna warm.

Man, ya'll did not need to get this mess, especially after earlier this year.

Ken
Old 12-15-2007, 06:39 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ta Da, We are back on the grid and of all things, my ISDN lines are still up. Telephone is out but internet is a go. Now when the snow melts it'll be time for the real work to begin, THE CLEANUP!!! At least I don't think I'll have to worry about firewood for camping next year.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:49 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Please be careful in all you repairs. I grew up in Northern Michigan and remember many ice storms. Sure are pretty at first, but become real nasty and dangerous.

We had a dairy farm and a big generator ran off our tractors to power the barn and silo's. So our neighbor's came over with the power was on at house, by generator to warm up and get some warm food. Only lasted until my Dad got down milking and feed and off the power went.

Take care and be safe.
Sue
Sue Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thanks Sue, I tell you, it is so good to be back on the grid again. I said I'm not going to cuss the next electric bill but I probably will anyway.

But....Man am I glad to be back among the living!!! You'all take care and think of me while my chainsaw works me.