Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-18-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
doc

Appalachian Campers
18 last night with a breeze blowing. Eleven degrees in Blairsville (near NC border)
I have GOT to head out to a warm place soon.
Replaced chassis batteries today - 6 years old according to stamp on battery - in a 2000 coach. Reckon how long the chassis sat on the yard before becoming a MH? Cranks great now even in low temps.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2005, 01:39 PM   #2
doc

Appalachian Campers
18 last night with a breeze blowing. Eleven degrees in Blairsville (near NC border)
I have GOT to head out to a warm place soon.
Replaced chassis batteries today - 6 years old according to stamp on battery - in a 2000 coach. Reckon how long the chassis sat on the yard before becoming a MH? Cranks great now even in low temps.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:45 PM   #3

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Today I went to town and the temperature was 29-30 degrees and that was at 1:00 PM. A friend called me from Ocala, Fla. and told me he was freezing. His winshield wipers froze to the windshield this morning. We were going to leave for Florida Sunday but we may have snow. So guess we will have to wait and see.
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 03:40 PM   #4
doc

Appalachian Campers
I rode the motorcycle this afternoon just to prove how tough I am. Not tough at all!!!

We will leave next week after I have a blood draw on Tuesday. Which part of Fla. are you guys headed for? We can't figure out where to go there, except we want to find warm temps for a few days. Headed to Ga coast and then past Jacksonville some where. Jetty Park has been discussed, but I worry about parks being full of snowbirds. Give us some ideas
doc
Old 01-23-2005, 01:30 PM   #5
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,
It's your Yankee member from NJ here, and today Sunday 1-23-05 it is 15 below zero with the wind chill !!! We have about 1 1/2' feet of snow and wind gusts up to 50 MPH !!
Oh boy we are so looking forward to the spring rally !!!
Old 01-23-2005, 07:43 PM   #6

Hi

Sitting here at Quartzsite, AZ temp today was in the mid 70s. Now if you want to warm up "head west young man". Really if you need to warm up come out west.

Travel safe and have fun
Sad Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:11 AM   #7
doc

Appalachian Campers
Sounds like a plan but we have too much going on right now. You guys have hook-ups or are you boondocking?
We would love to sit back and have the sun warm us up outside while a toddy warms us up inside. checking the total round trip miles as I write this.

Looks like close to 4300 miles round trip and a week in both directions.!!

I guess we will have to hope Florida does the job and the seafood will be a bonus
Old 01-24-2005, 04:15 PM   #8

Have full hookups DW doesn,t like to dry camping as long as we are here (2 months). Had another day of mid 70s.
Do enjoy your sea food and we will think of you as we sun our selfs.

Travel safe and have fun
Sad Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:15 AM   #9
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi Doc & Sad Puppy,
Wow Toddy & Seafood in FL. as well as the 70's & sunny in AZ it all just seems so right!!! Not wishing life away, but am looking forward to retirement in 2007 !! Besides yesterday at our SUMMER HOME IT WAS -14 WITH OUT THE WIND CHILL !!!