Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:26 PM   #29
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rode2nowhere View Post
I have been eyeballing fort wilderness for several years and really would love to go. But its a 850 mile trip from Indiana, lotsa diesel fuel, time to get there and back. Maybe someday

Fly down and use one of their cabins. They are beautiful.

As for the person asking about golf cart parking. No worries. This place has amazing cart access and you may see some incredible carts.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #30

Can you find out what site you have before arriving.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:09 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post

I don't believe so. I always request a specific loop and sometimes I get it and sometimes not.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #32

Appalachian Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to GunnyClark
we travel to orlando at least 3 times a year (for the last 12+ years - amusement park junkies) and stay at the
KOA 2644 Happy Camper Place
Kissimmee, FL 34746
very reasonably priced for the area and near everything - while there I would highly recommend the Pirates Dinner Theater (cheap tickets dot com has tickets for 10.00 cheaper then the gate then get the VIP pass at the door for $10 more per person), the Mystery Dinner Theater and you have to see Cirque du Soleil- while we like Disney we are roller coaster junkies so we spend most of our time at Universal Studios/Island of Adventure
Old 08-21-2014, 05:12 AM   #33

You can request a loop and site. Probably you will receive the loop but the site is harder to count on. Although there are some (especially at Christmas) campers who are in the same sites every year. Never hurts to ask.

We have always received our loop request.
JohnWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:53 AM   #34

iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi everyone,
Just a quick update on our adventure to ft wilderness. I should say almost adventure. As all things of men and mice, something will go wrong. On 9/2/14 I will be getting total hip replacement for my left side. Bummer. So this will end the disney trip this year. So we will try again as soon as I can. Just hope this operation will allow me to walk again w/o the excruciating pain.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard rv View Post
Hi everyone,
Just a quick update on our adventure to ft wilderness. I should say almost adventure. As all things of men and mice, something will go wrong. On 9/2/14 I will be getting total hip replacement for my left side. Bummer. So this will end the disney trip this year. So we will try again as soon as I can. Just hope this operation will allow me to walk again w/o the excruciating pain.
Bit off of the topic but your hip should go well. Number of friends have had replacements and they consistenly say the first thing they noticed was lack of pain.

Walking should be back on line quite quickly. Friend had his done about 3 weeks ago. Said the doctor gave him hell for not using his walker. Supposed to use the walker for about a month. Talking to him the other day. Said he takes the cane while walking the dog.

Understand the big thing about post surgery is to do the exercises the physio folks prescribe.

Good luck. The DW gets hers done in November.

And now back to Disney Land/World.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:50 AM   #36

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
I was just there two weeks ago, I did put in a preference for a loop as I always do and told them I had a specific site of interest too, they took it down but I don't think it matters too much. I usually get the requested loop and actually this past trip, when I checked in I asked what site I was on, when he told me I said well can I get the site I requested, he said he would check, then changed me to that site. Keep in mind that was a pretty slow week, as planned!
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:55 AM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Does anyone know if they have golf cart parking a pioneer hall. I will be going in oct and taking my little ride.
There is. But, like so many other areas with cart parking, it can get pretty crowded, during busy times you may find it extremely hard to park a cart there. There is additional parking at the boat landing, just down the path, but it too can get very crowded.

Has me wondering if they will reach a point where carts will be limited. They have grown so much in popularity that the numbers on site a increasing exponentially, and the number of carts they have for rental is larger and larger every year.

One of our favorite campgrounds has started limiting carts to people with handicapped tags! It became a big issue, parking, traffic, etc... I can see a time where this is the case there, unless they expand parking for them.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:59 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I can remember a time before they allowed/offered the carts. We've never been a fan of them. Besides the parking snarls at both ends of the park we've seen very young children being allowed to drive them, even many adults seem to think the carts are not subject to the same rules of the road as cars, during one stay we witnessed an impromptu parade of carts, many being driven by people that would not be able to pass a breathalyzer test.

I have no objection to the truly handicapped being allowed to use carts but the hordes of carts in high traffic areas do nothing to enhance the Disney experience. There is ample on site "public" transportation, you don't need a cart to get to where you want to be.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:22 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
I can remember a time before they allowed/offered the carts. We've never been a fan of them. Besides the parking snarls at both ends of the park we've seen very young children being allowed to drive them, even many adults seem to think the carts are not subject to the same rules of the road as cars, during one stay we witnessed an impromptu parade of carts, many being driven by people that would not be able to pass a breathalyzer test.

I have no objection to the truly handicapped being allowed to use carts but the hordes of carts in high traffic areas do nothing to enhance the Disney experience. There is ample on site "public" transportation, you don't need a cart to get to where you want to be.
There's always a few that get on some people's nerves. I'll be taking my cart in a couple of weeks can't wait.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:23 AM   #40

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
There's always a few that get on some people's nerves. I'll be taking my cart in a couple of weeks can't wait.
Have fun...tell Mickey hello
Old 12-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Is Gunny your screen name because you are a retired GySgt USMC?
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:00 AM   #42

Appalachian Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to GunnyClark
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
Is Gunny your screen name because you are a retired GySgt USMC?
Yes Sir I am.
Semper Fi Capt