Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #99
doc

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
doc
what are the dates of the perry,ga. fair? where do you all live in georgia, we're from arlington??? if we are coming from south and going up 441, how do we get to the campground?? are there any steep 6-10 grades that we would have to make? thanks
Hi Faye, see this link for the fair http://www.georgianationalfair.com/. Lot of good things to see and do there.
If you are coming up US 441, stay on that road through Athens, Commerce Bypass and straight up towards Franklin NC. You will pass through Tallulah Falls and the Gorge, then Clayton (remember the movie Deliverance?), Mountain City then Dillard. Just as you leave the north end of Dillard, start looking on the right for a Chevron Station and a road towards Highlands NC. I forget the number. There is a light there. Turn right and River Vista will be about a mile or a little better on the right. The steepest portion is just outside Baldwin going up Baldwin Mountain. Nothing more than a long hill really. There are a couple of other short pulls north of the Gorge, but again since the re-designing of 441 it is really more like an interstate with better scenery.

We live sort of out in the boonies NE of Athens (UGA) and about 30 miles from the Ga/SC line on I-85. About an hour and a half from the rally - not quite mountains
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #100

Appalachian Campers
River Vista is on Hwy 246, when on 441 it will be just past Reeves Hardware and Country Cubbord Restaurant. Stop light turn right it is just up the road on the right, and you will not encounter any grades but small hills. Safe travels .
Doc and Carol, we love the Ga fair grounds, have been to 3 FMCA and 1 GoodSam conventions there, our favorite place to go for these type affairs.

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Colette and Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #101

Country Coach Owners Club
I wonder who all are coming? I noticed hitchhiker posted a poll in the calendar at http://www.irv2.com/forums/calendar....c=1&redirect=1
Old 09-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #102
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Just a few more weeks and we'll get this here thing rolling! Colleen and I are looking forward to see our friends and making new ones.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #103

Country Coach Owners Club
Road conditions???

Anyone have any insite on the road and campground conditions with all the rain in that part of GA? NWS NWS radar image loop of Storm Total Precipitation from Greer, SC and http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?p...d=ffc&loop=yes reflect 8-10 or more inches of rain from the storms. I would think roads may begin to washed out with that kind of water runoff.

We were planning to take some back roads (1/23/441) out of Jacksonville, FL to head up that way on 8 Oct. I find the back roads much more enjoyable than I-75.

Any comments or recommendations from those that live in or near the area.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #104

Appalachian Campers
I had to go to Dillard yesterday and stopped by the park and they have not had any problems, the sites are high and dry. The waterfall you see from the entrance is a raging torrent, and beautiful. I don't think any area you would travel is a problem. I asked how many they had signed up and she gave me a list of 10 people, I am thinking that some of our group are not on this designation. Richard Hale is not on it.

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Old 09-23-2009, 06:01 PM   #105
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Richard Hale is not on it.
I haven't made a reservation yet.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #106

Appalachian Campers
Thats a good reason for not being on the list. I sure hope we are going to get to see you guys then.
Did you fare well with the rains?

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Old 09-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #107
doc

Appalachian Campers
Thanks Joe and Colette, for checking on the place. Saves me a drive up there this weekend to check things out. There are a couple of folks from this area that have not registered either.
This is going to be a good rally, especially if the weather holds and stays cool.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #108

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Colette and Joe,

Are the trees showing color yet?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #109

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Thanks Joe and Colette, for checking on the place. Saves me a drive up there this weekend to check things out. There are a couple of folks from this area that have not registered either.
This is going to be a good rally, especially if the weather holds and stays cool.
No problem, had to go right past it. Yes, it should be a very good rally, and I think there is a good chance that the color could be about at peak.
If you haven't seen this area in full color, you are in for a great treat.
Let me know if there is any thing I can do to help, It is easy to go there or anywhere around for anything and it is always beautiful driving. See you soon.

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Old 09-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #110
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We go from green to leaves in no time in Conway, SC and the pines are always green. At the moment I'm looking at a lot of tress here in Urbanna, VA and nothing here has started to change.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #111
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer2 View Post

Are the trees showing color yet?
There's just a twinge of color starting to show here at my place, this photo I attached was taken just a few minutes ago off of my porch. I'm just a tad under 3,000' elevation here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2746small.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1416  
Old 09-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #112

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
We go from green to leaves in no time in Conway, SC and the pines are always green. At the moment I'm looking at a lot of tress here in Urbanna, VA and nothing here has started to change.

LOL