Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:32 AM   #1

We were finally able to make the arrangements for the March Rally to be held March 17, 18, and 19 at Manatee Hammock. This park is located at Route 1 on the Indian River just south of Titusville, Florida -- their website is: http://www.campingspacecoast.com/rv_tent/manatee.htm.

We will have use of the Recreation Hall for our stay. So of course we will have our usual potluck Saturday evening. In addition, we can plan breakfast if there is interest. We are also planning a shopping trip to the new shopping center in Viera, The Avenues. Brevard County also has a very nice zoo which is located in Viera. And for those of you who want to gamble there are two gambling ships that sail out of Port Canaveral.

Since this is a county park they are very strict about how they make reservations for the group -- at this point, we have reserved 15 sites. We will need a check payable to Manatee Hammock for the length of stay by February 15.
Brevard County residents - $22.00 per night -- $44.00 for 2 nights --
$66.00 for three nights, etc.

Non Brevard County -- $24.20 per night -- $48.40 for 2 nights --
$72.60 for 3 nights, etc.

Please let me know if you are planning to attend. Please send your check to Jan Maietta, 3906 Upmann Drive, Rockledge, FL 32955 with the following information
Name, Address, Phone Number, Number of Pets, Rig Type (MH, TT, PU, 5TH), Rig Size,
Tag # of Rig
Like I said - they are pretty strict about how they take reservations -- don't know if it is because they are directly accross the river from the Space Center.

Off ground campfires are allowed so if anyone has a firepit that can be used, please let us know. And of course, any firewood would be appreciated.

Bring your fishing equipment because there is a fishing dock right on the Indian River.

We will be at Rock Crusher in February so if you want I can collect your checks then - however, would like to know who is planning on attending.

Looking forward to it!!!
Newgma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2005, 05:32 AM   #2

We were finally able to make the arrangements for the March Rally to be held March 17, 18, and 19 at Manatee Hammock. This park is located at Route 1 on the Indian River just south of Titusville, Florida -- their website is: http://www.campingspacecoast.com/rv_tent/manatee.htm.

We will have use of the Recreation Hall for our stay. So of course we will have our usual potluck Saturday evening. In addition, we can plan breakfast if there is interest. We are also planning a shopping trip to the new shopping center in Viera, The Avenues. Brevard County also has a very nice zoo which is located in Viera. And for those of you who want to gamble there are two gambling ships that sail out of Port Canaveral.

Since this is a county park they are very strict about how they make reservations for the group -- at this point, we have reserved 15 sites. We will need a check payable to Manatee Hammock for the length of stay by February 15.
Brevard County residents - $22.00 per night -- $44.00 for 2 nights --
$66.00 for three nights, etc.

Non Brevard County -- $24.20 per night -- $48.40 for 2 nights --
$72.60 for 3 nights, etc.

Please let me know if you are planning to attend. Please send your check to Jan Maietta, 3906 Upmann Drive, Rockledge, FL 32955 with the following information
Name, Address, Phone Number, Number of Pets, Rig Type (MH, TT, PU, 5TH), Rig Size,
Tag # of Rig
Like I said - they are pretty strict about how they take reservations -- don't know if it is because they are directly accross the river from the Space Center.

Off ground campfires are allowed so if anyone has a firepit that can be used, please let us know. And of course, any firewood would be appreciated.

Bring your fishing equipment because there is a fishing dock right on the Indian River.

We will be at Rock Crusher in February so if you want I can collect your checks then - however, would like to know who is planning on attending.

Looking forward to it!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 06:06 AM   #3

Count Audi & I in. Will send check out Monday with all the current info.

Derek
Old 01-07-2005, 06:13 AM   #4

Count us in.
I will have Robin send all the information so it is complete and correct.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:44 AM   #5

Derek,
Don't tell me that Jannifer did you in. I thought you had more willpower! Like me.

Bill
Old 01-07-2005, 09:53 AM   #6

Count us in. We'll arrive on the 18th and would like to stay until Monday the 21st if possible. I'll send you a check for 3 nights unless you tell me we can't extend our stay and check out on Monday.

Is there an easy place to put my kayak in the water, too?

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:47 AM   #7

Mary -- Just talked to Essie at Manatee Hammock and there is no problem staying longer if you wish. Also you are not limited to three nights -- you can come in on the 17th if you wish.

There is a small boat launch area on the river so there should be no problem putting in the kayak.

Look forward to seeing you!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 11:17 AM   #8

Jan,
Tom & I are planning on coming also. Will send you the information and check.

Dee
Tom & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #9

JAN COUNT JIM AND I IN , I WILL SEND A CHECK OUT MONDAY.
VECTROLA
Vectrola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:41 PM   #10

JAN AND BILL THANKS FOR HAVING THE MARCH RALLY.
Vectrola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #11

ATTENTION ALL JANUARY RALLY ATENDEES

This would be a GREAT time to give Jan your checks for the MARCH RALLY.

If you haven't mailed them to her, bring all the information and your checkbook with you to Southernaire.

This should be a fun rally in a GREAT location.

Islander, you guys have any Rockets you can launch while we are there????????????
Old 01-09-2005, 05:40 PM   #12

IF THERE ARE NO ROCKETS--MAYBE WE CAN COME UP WITH OUR OWN ROCKET TO LAUNCH.

ROBIN
MRS FLORIDABOOMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #13

Linda and I will most likely attend. Will confirm by the Jan. rally, if that's ok, and pay the check then. Sounds like fun, see you then!

Verne and Linda

Verne and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #14

Bill, No Jennifer did not do me in, came away with checkbook still in pocket. Didn't really see anything that we wanted, well that I wanted. Audi found lots of coaches that she wanted.
Derek