Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
doc

Appalachian Campers
It's still doc

I think something is going on with my security or the site's security. Anyway, I could not get in as doc today. It is still the same 'me'. Miss Carol is my wife and she is still tooling around in the scooter due to the MS. I had to get in to let someone know that doc has been denied entrance and even with a new password, the site will not let me in. I lost a pile of posts when the software changed over, now it looks like I have to start at zero again.
Any of you admin types or computer types know how to fix it please do or tell me how.
My computer ran somesort of auto scan/update last night and I suspect it has something to do with cookies (or at least cake and ice cream)
I have tried searching for 'allow cookies' but cannot find out where the denial of access is coming from .
So guys, it's still me with a slightly different look - and botox don't help.
doc
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
doc,

I moved your original post from the New Member Check-In forum up to the Technical Support forum where one of the techno-mavens will hopefully see it and get your problem corrected.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hi,Doc,My unit did the same thing a few mo.ago.I went in and reset it to the prv.Mo. O" YEA the old witch said to tell Miss Carol hello,we met at Maberry.
Bill&Jaunita
Old 04-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
doc

Appalachian Campers
Hah!! I'm back! Thanks for whatever miracle took place. I came back after waiting the required 15 minutes and came in from internet explorer rather than AOL. I have no idea if that makes any difference. Thanks to everyone who helped bring me back to life! Being a non-person is no fun.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Doc,

No way could you ever be a non-person

Say hey to Ms. Carol.

Mike and Janet
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:34 AM   #6
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Question Somebody

Hi All ,

Hey Doc,

Glad to see you worked out your computer trouble ! Also don't worry you will always be somebody with me not sure what, but still somebody just the same !!! Say hello to Miss Carol and hope you guys have a blast out west! I will keep my eyes on this forum for info on the Fall Rally!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome back Doc.
I never realized you were gone, but then I was not sick. Always nice to have a Doc around.

AOL = Almost On Line, doesn't it? AOL caches the places you have been. So when you look up something, you see what they want you to see, at least that was the way it was a few years ago. If you do a search using AOL, and do a parallel search using another browser not going through AOL, you will get different results just about every time. I always tell those that are having problems that once they bring AOL up, and for Internet access, minimize it and use a different browser other than supplied by AOL. That has just been my personal experience.

Glad to have you back.

Semper Fi!

Edited: p.s., search on google for "aol cache problems" without the quotes for some information.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote