RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:16 AM   #1

May need to do "extended stay" in Miami area in our RV

I may have to relocate to Miami for a year for work. We have a brand new 44' fifth wheel that I would use to stay in. I would be working with the cruise lines (our company won a good sized contract). I want to stay in a nice place but have no idea where to stay and where to avoid. Suggestions?

jim1521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #2

You poor thing! Having to go to Miami. For a year. And get paid for it.

Well, enough good natured teasing.

Here's a google map of most of the parks in and around Miami. You have the address of where you're going to be working, so choose the one nearest or have a couple choices based on their websites, google, and Yelp reviews. I think you'll need to make reservations months in advance. I always choose those parks that allow me to cancel a res without it costing me too much.Try to arrive at least 2 weeks before the job starts so you'll have that time to check out where you want to stay permanently. Make your res for 2 weeks to a month. If you like it where you end up, parks hate kicking someone out, so it should be easy to extend your stay. If you can't arrive early, that's not all that bad, you still have all those reviews to check from this google map...

Good luck. I envy your visit: RV parks around Miami

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:45 AM   #3

If your comuting every day, Miami traffic sucks, so stay close to the port.

If your cruising for a few days at a time, Miami Everglades is a OK park. Its south west of Miami. We are heading for our second 3 month stay and they take year-round reservations.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote