RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #1

We will be moving to Middle Tennessee soon. Portland to be exact and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on places to camp. We have a 33ft Class "A" and enjoy the great outdoors. I don't fish. (Well I haven't in years) and have no fishing equipment. But we like to go a look around and get used to the area. We also have a handicapped daughter (22) who can't do a whole lot of walking but can walk and then rest and then walk..Any Suggestions?

2017 Silverado Z-71 Pulling 2017.5 Lance 1985
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #2

We will be moving to Middle Tennessee soon. Portland to be exact and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on places to camp. We have a 33ft Class "A" and enjoy the great outdoors. I don't fish. (Well I haven't in years) and have no fishing equipment. But we like to go a look around and get used to the area. We also have a handicapped daughter (22) who can't do a whole lot of walking but can walk and then rest and then walk..Any Suggestions?

Old 03-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #3

LeeB, I just checked a map and man you are barely in TN. We have live in Crossville which is 100-120 miles east of you. TN has a lot of state parks and many of them have camping facilities that can handle your rig. Of course you will only be a skip and a jump from Nashville and there is a lot to do and see there if you identify at all with country music as most everything in N'ville is oriented that way. A little east of N'ville is Jackson, TN which is home to Loretta Lynn and they have a nice CG there that can also handle your rig, good luck in your relocation and welcome to the Volunteer state, Ken...
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:22 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Lee,
I looked at the map and Portland is right on the or almost on the border with KY. There are lots of campgrounds in TN. To correct Ken a little, Loretta Lynn's cg is located in Hurricane Mills not Jackson TN. You would take I-40 west to exit 143, go North on route 13 to the campground. The next town North from there is Waverly where I live. Loretta's daughter Cissy runs a general store across the road from the CG entrance. Again Welcome to Tennessee.

Jim
Renegades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #5

Lot's of COE lakes in Cumberland river valley. We've only been to Defeated Creek in TN, and Fishing Creek in KY. But they are evry bit as nice a parks as the COE parks in GA. Land Between the Lakes would also be on our short list if we were closer
jaycocamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:43 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I wish I was movin to TN. A beautifull state with plenty to do.

And it is never to late to pick up fishing again if you enjoy to. The parks are beautiful there, and one day I would like to re-locate there as well!

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #7

Hey Lee.....hurry up and get your Butt out of Calif... hehe Lol. Heck by the time you read this, you should be parked in your driveway in Tenn. Do check out all those campsites and pick the best one for your first annual Tenn Rally..OK?
Take care Good Buddy
Dwight
Old 05-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by acampingwewillgo:
Hey Lee.....hurry up and get your Butt out of Calif... hehe Lol. Heck by the time you read this, you should be parked in your driveway in Tenn. Do check out all those campsites and pick the best one for your first annual Tenn Rally..OK?
Take care Good Buddy
Dwight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahaha Dwight we are here and loving it. We found a place in Ky about 40 miles form our front door right on the lake and made reservations for July 21st thru the 24th. It is at Baileys Point on Barren River Lake.. I have also found some camp grounds at Old Hickory Lake here in Tn... Dwight ol buddy I sure miss our California camping buddies but I am sure I will find some here too......