Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-07-2004, 01:05 AM   #1

Hey Yall -- We have been sitting around here at Hunting Island talking about how much we enjoy getting together and have decided to get together for New Year's Eve.

I guess since it was our idea, we are the unofficial "wagonmasters" since it is an unofficial "rally". We have decided to go to Tropical Palms for the New Year's weekend. At this point, Ken and Sandy from Applachian Campers (the deer people), Dee and Tom, Cheryl and Rick, and Bill and Jan have made reservations for Dec 30, 31 and Jan 1.

Because of the time of the year they can't promise us we will be together but nontheless we will all get together.

We are inviting any one who wants to join us to call Tropical Palms (800-647-2567) soon to get a site. They are going fast. The rate for the holiday weekend is $37.00 per night but that's about what you would spend going out to a fancy restuarant to celebrate. What better way to do what you love with people you love!! Looking forward to bringing in the New Year together!!!
Newgma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2004, 01:05 AM   #2

Hey Yall -- We have been sitting around here at Hunting Island talking about how much we enjoy getting together and have decided to get together for New Year's Eve.

I guess since it was our idea, we are the unofficial "wagonmasters" since it is an unofficial "rally". We have decided to go to Tropical Palms for the New Year's weekend. At this point, Ken and Sandy from Applachian Campers (the deer people), Dee and Tom, Cheryl and Rick, and Bill and Jan have made reservations for Dec 30, 31 and Jan 1.

Because of the time of the year they can't promise us we will be together but nontheless we will all get together.

We are inviting any one who wants to join us to call Tropical Palms (800-647-2567) soon to get a site. They are going fast. The rate for the holiday weekend is $37.00 per night but that's about what you would spend going out to a fancy restuarant to celebrate. What better way to do what you love with people you love!! Looking forward to bringing in the New Year together!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 04:46 AM   #3

JAN,THAT SOUNDS GREAT!AND,FUN I'LL PLAN TO MAKE RESERVATIONS THIS WEEK.JUST HOPING I CAN DRIVE MY RIG BY THE CHRISTMAS RALLY.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:44 AM   #4

Just made reservations,however,i wanted to go in on Wednesday,THEY WERE BOOKED!! Can go Friday thru Sunday.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:59 AM   #5

Were all set, we have received our confirmation from Tropical Palms.

Our plans (today) are to leave the day after XMAS and stay at the 1000 trails park near Orlando until the 30th....
Old 11-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #6

Hey Ken,glad you'll be there.bE NICE TO MEET CHA.
Ralph
Old 11-09-2004, 12:53 PM   #7

Just tried for reservations, they are all sold out of ALL sites. There two other parks, Orlando Encore and Sherwood Forest are sold out as well.
He offered me a two bedroom cottage, but said the motorhome would not fit in the parking lot.

Soooooo, I guess we won't be able to join you folks for New Years Eve. Bummer.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:02 PM   #8

O.K.Lou,you're NOT getting away that easy,you live close enough to visit for the night,or heck,we could even let you and Robin sleep on the QUEEN couch for NEW Years,hey...what are friends for??
Only one problem.....Ralphie's an EARLY riser.
Ya'll can do that for just one day...right??
see ya,
Old 11-28-2004, 04:18 PM   #9

Lou,
This park is so large, that they do have some cancellations. You might try putting your name on a 'wait' list. Linda and I have done that with some sucess in the past.

Incidentally, we made reservations for this 'mini' rally, so we'll be joining you all for New Years Eve. See you then.

Verne and Linda

Verne and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:18 PM   #10

Hi Guys,
Glad to hear you will be joining us for New year's eve. Look forward to seeing you.

Dee
Tom & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 04:38 PM   #11

Verne, I will give 'em a call.
he indicated that New Years is a BIG weekend for them.
I thought EVERY weekend in Old Town was BIG !!!
Old 11-29-2004, 10:46 PM   #12

You're right about Old Town, Lou. Best place to be on any weekend. They've got this really neat little store there, let's see, what is it they sell again? Oh, yes, I almost forgot, they market the most amazing selection of magic you'll ever see. Highly recommended.

(Tongue removed from cheek now). Lou, when Linda first called, a couple of weeks ago, they (Tropical Palms) were booked solid. She asked to be put on a waiting list, then called back every other day or so. Eventually, she got us a site as someone apparently cancelled. I don't know whether they were just tired of hearing from her, or what, but the point is we got a location. The super sites were long gone, but we'll make do with whatever they gave us. I'd be happy with boon-docking, for this rally.

Tom and Dee, and everybody else, we'll be looking towards seeing you all and enjoying your friendship welcoming in the New Year.

Sincerely,

Verne and Linda

Verne and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:54 PM   #13

What is the latest count on the number of rigs for this rally? Anyone know
Lou
Old 12-10-2004, 01:07 AM   #14

Hi -- I think as of now the count is six=

Bill and Jan
Dee and Tom
Cheryl and Rick
Ken and Sandy (Applachian Campers)
Janice and Ralphie
Vern and Linda

would love to have more join us if yall can!!!