Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #15

You might look here and try the coe parks

RV Camping
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
My guess is they were violating some idling time limit ordinance, can't imagine what else it could have been.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:45 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A responce on what the issue was would be great.
US Navy Vet.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #18

We've spend nights in both WM lots and Truck Stop's. TSs usually have an area away from the trucks where it's much more quiet. But WMs are also quiet and I feel may be safer as they're well lit, have cameras and are patrolled. It it seems people are coming and going from the store all night. But they don't park by the RVs.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvxenitegirl View Post
I have been rving for 3 monts straight now, and my family has never had any problems that is until we overnighted in loxley, al. NEVER I repeat never stop at the loves truck stop off of I-10 they are not rv friendly, in fact they are encouraging running trucks illegally.
Waaaaa!!!! Loves....."TRUCK STOP"!!!!!! Not "RV STOP"!!!!
Give it up!!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
?????
The truck driver went into the truck stop and complained that we were parked in truck parking because cars were filling rv parking....the truck driver said she was out of hours, needed to fuel, and park. According to DOT regulations that is illegal. If you are out of hours you are supposed to shutdown where you are, and you are definitely not supposed to fuel. I know this because my father has been a truck driver for twenty years. It was reckless and careless and if that truck driver had damaged any property or hit anyone the truck stop would have been responsible and likely would not only have to pay for damages but also fines for allowing illegal DOT operations.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #21

FYI, I'm an not a trucker and not familiar with the rules, but it doesn't make any sense that you have to shut down where you are. What if that's in the middle of the interstate?

At any rate, if the truck parking is full you should move along. Leave that parking for the guys trying to make a living. Filling up truck parking with RVs makes a bad name for us all.

Quote:
The truck driver went into the truck stop and complained that we were parked in truck parking because cars were filling rv parking....the truck driver said she was out of hours, needed to fuel, and park. According to DOT regulations that is illegal. If you are out of hours you are supposed to shutdown where you are, and you are definitely not supposed to fuel. I know this because my father has been a truck driver for twenty years. It was reckless and careless and if that truck driver had damaged any property or hit anyone the truck stop would have been responsible and likely would not only have to pay for damages but also fines for allowing illegal DOT operations.
2006 Jeep Commander
Old 03-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkydog View Post
Why would you stop at truck stop when a few miles down the road is SAMs club, Bass Pro shops, and Walmart as well as other big box retailers. Remember these people are out there trying to make a living with their trucks.
I'm not just addressing this to you but to everyone....the issue was not the idling trucks, we run our generator most of the time so we're used to the noise....we were not upset by the truck idling we were upset because the truck driver complained when it was his fault he was out of hours. That was not the only truck stop around, and the reason we were going to overnight was that we needed to dump, and they were the closest place we could find to dump. Ihave a brother with down-syndrome and ashbergers, he can hardly walk at this point, so we have to dump fairly often and this was at the end of a very long day. we had gotten consent to park in the truck parking from one of the managers, who were notified that my brother is special needs. It was the truck driver who complained, not us we were asked to move and we did.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #23
laj

Quote:

what a crock! it's not the truck stops fault he had poor planning on where he ran out of hrs. also that's private property and its not there liability if he hits something violating the Feds. rules.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #24

As a former over-the-road cost to coast owner operator I found the initial comment and even some of the responses interesting and bordering on ludicrous. To the OP. Sir, if you were heading east on I-10 you passed a huge Alabama welcome center 39 miles back. If you were going west you passed a huge Florida welcome center by 25 miles.
Banking on a peaceful night in a truck stop parking lot is like getting a prize from the tooth fairy. Sorry for the physical condition of your passenger but since you were no doubt aware of it, a lot of the problem is on you.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

The OP has clarified that the complaint was not with the noise but rather that they were asked to move (to make room for the trucker who was out of hours) after being given permission to stay.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 03-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #26

^^^ I read that, seemed to come in a little late in the story.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #27

nobody has to stay and listen in on a conversation or someone complaining ...if he had permission to stay then go out there and stay and dont listen to the complaining..no reason to stay and listen to him or her....if the trucker wanted to fill fuel fine for her as she maybe didnt want to fill in the morning ...unless maybe the manager came out and explained the situation as it is a truck stop for them..and as mentioned could have driven 20 miles after dumping and doing his stuff and parked and not be so bothered,,every one has long stressfull days but have to deal with it. eh?
Old 03-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #28

Ok enough, I'm so done here I try to get on to warn others from having the same issue and all I get is flak...I wasn't trying to be whiny or complain I was just doing what my dad told me to do..as of yesterday that trucker is in major trouble with the Alabama DOT, for operating past hour. .we were asked to move and we did, but there were other spaces in that lot as we were leaving. We didn't park in rv parking because it was full of cars, we asked permission to park in truck parking and we were told that was okay. We were ten miles from where we started the day, one because we had stayed at a hotel because, as I sai we have been rving for three months, and two because we spent most of the day at the local er because my brother couldn't even stand and we had to get his knee checked....oh the reason we are rving isn't fun time, my mother is a contract nurse practitioner and she too had to work the next day, instead she ended up calling in sick to take care of my brother because after we moved, his routine was disturbed, which we told the truck stop up front, so she was up until 4. Am calming him down.that is money out of our pockets too,I've seen many truckers pull off on on ramps to sleep, he could have done that. I'm done debating the issue
Closed Thread