Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #1

As most of you know, Joe Jaynes and Tom Staub are both facing surgical procedures and appreciate our prayers and support.

<span class="ev_code_RED">I just learned tonight that Richard Brackett is facing a heart procedure, possibly on Thursday. The following information from Richard will provide more information:</span>

Hi There,
I will be seeing the doctor at three tomorrow afternoon. I will probably go in Thurs. morning for a heart cath....which will more than likely lead to an angioplasty. Of course it is beyond my 10 year time frame (which is the point the doctor said that I would probably need another) for needing a possible by-pass again. I'm trying to psyche myself for that should it happen, but for right this minute, I'm believing an angioplasty will take
care of the situation.....Agree? I've asked the Lord to give me a peace about whatever comes along, and I truly feel He has....but then my humanistic side wants to take over....I would truly appreciate your prayers.

Richard
Cookestwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #2

As most of you know, Joe Jaynes and Tom Staub are both facing surgical procedures and appreciate our prayers and support.

<span class="ev_code_RED">I just learned tonight that Richard Brackett is facing a heart procedure, possibly on Thursday. The following information from Richard will provide more information:</span>

Hi There,
I will be seeing the doctor at three tomorrow afternoon. I will probably go in Thurs. morning for a heart cath....which will more than likely lead to an angioplasty. Of course it is beyond my 10 year time frame (which is the point the doctor said that I would probably need another) for needing a possible by-pass again. I'm trying to psyche myself for that should it happen, but for right this minute, I'm believing an angioplasty will take
care of the situation.....Agree? I've asked the Lord to give me a peace about whatever comes along, and I truly feel He has....but then my humanistic side wants to take over....I would truly appreciate your prayers.

Richard
Old 01-25-2005, 09:36 PM   #3

Hey all,I,of ALL people,know what prayer can do for us.All WE have to do is ask.
You all will remain in our prayers!!
Ralphie
Old 01-26-2005, 01:03 AM   #4

GOOD MORNING RALPHIE, HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
VECTROLA

TOM STAUB,RICHARD BRACKETT AND JOE JAYNES WE WILL ADD YOU TO OUR PRAYERS,NOW IT'S IN GODS HANDS AND THE EARTHLY PHYSIANS, GET BETTER SOON THE BOOMERS MISS YA'LL.
VECTROLA
Vectrola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:55 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
We have been keeping all our Fl. Boomer friends on our prayer list and will add an additional prayer for those mentioned here. Thank you Cheri for keeping us posted. Ralphie, glad to see that you are feeling some better. Ya'll take care of each other and enjoy the get togethers!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:04 AM   #6

Of course we add our prayers to all of those being sent for Tom, Joe, and Richard and their caregivers. As Ralphie says, the power of prayer is evident in this group. Larry walked a mile yesterday, without his leg brace or walker, just Larry! We feel so strongly that all of your prayers have been instrumental in his recovery.

Love and prayers,

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:50 PM   #7

Cheri thank you so much for letting us know about the other Boomers. We will keep them in our prayers.
Richard I hope an angioplasty will be the mend and no further surgery is necessary.
Joe take it easy until your procedure is done.

Please keep us informed if anyone gets any information on Richard tomorrow.

Larry keep up the good work.
Tom & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 05:06 PM   #8

Hi, Boomers:

Tomorrow, Jim (Islander) is having his second hand surgery.

We are praying for wisdom for the surgeon and medical team attending him and will look forward to seeing both Jim and Carol at the February rally!

Also praying for a speedy recovery!

Love ya,
Cheri
Old 01-28-2005, 11:18 PM   #9

Thanks for all you guys Prayers.I'm up early this morning pecking with one hand had to take another pain (flyaway) pill, hand and fingers are swollen a little but should be ready for Rock Crusher.
islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:35 AM   #10

Hey, Jimbo!

Great news. Just wait until I tell Lola James. She will be so thrilled to know that her Uncle Jimmie is doing better.

Just keep popping those pills until all that awful pain goes away. No reason to suffer. By the way, what <span class="ev_code_BLUE">color</span> are those pills?

Follow the Doc's orders, so you'll be in great shape at Rock Crusher. We've all missed seeing you, Carolyn and the rest of our Boomer Family.

Love ya,
Cheri
Old 01-29-2005, 02:57 AM   #11

Jim,
So glad to hear that your surgery went well. We're really looking forward to seeing you and Carolyn at Rock Crusher. It's been way too long...

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:17 PM   #12

Jim, Glad things went well with the surgery. Sorry we will not see you in Feb. but we will see you very soon. Take care.

Tom & Dee
Tom & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:37 AM   #13

Dear Boomers:

Just a reminder that tomorrow, Tom will be having his aneurysm surgery. Dee said that he will be in ICU for several days, and will probably stay in the hospital for 7 or 8 days.

I shared with Janice and Ralphie this morning about my favorite Psalm, and maybe yours too - The 23rd Psalm.

"The Lord is my shepherd....his rod and his staff they comfort me." The shepherd's rod was about 6 ft. long and 2 in. in diameter. The shepherd used it to throw at or hit wild animals that were trying to get at the sheep. The staff had a curved end, and the shepherd used it to reach down to rescue a sheep that had fallen into a dark chasm.

With so many health challenges in our Boomer family, I hope that you will all feel the rod of the Good Shepherd protecting you and attacking the illness. Also sense His staff rescuing you from darkness.

We pray for peace and comfort for you and all who love you.

Blessings,
Cheri
Old 01-31-2005, 01:30 PM   #14

OK,EVERYBODY,MISSY ( CHERI) IS CONFUSED AND BUMPED HER HEAD.
SHE'S CONFUSED CAUSED TOM'S SURGERY IS ACTUALLY ON WEDNESDAY,NOT TUESDAY! PRAY REGARDLESS.AND KEPP TOM IN YOUR THOUHGTS.