RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:48 AM   #1

Jim & Carolyn (Islander & Vectrola) will probably not make the March Rally.
This afternoon their grandaughter Montana evidently got kicked in the mouth &/or face by one of their horses.
She is at the Port St. Lucie Hospital, and is being transferred to the larger hospital in West Palm Beach shortly.
The reconstruction and plastic surgeons both have seen Montana and decided the transfer would be in her best interest,
Carolyn who was scheduled for "Carpo" surgery tomorrow drove down tonight to be with Christy (Montana's mom). Jim will drive the motorhome down tomorrow and set up somewhere in West Palm Beach.
We will stay in touch with them, and post updates. See most of you on Thursday late morning.
Kind thoughts and prayers for Montana, Christy and Goober, Jim and Carolyn are appreciated.

Cookestwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2005, 03:48 AM   #2

Jim & Carolyn (Islander & Vectrola) will probably not make the March Rally.
This afternoon their grandaughter Montana evidently got kicked in the mouth &/or face by one of their horses.
She is at the Port St. Lucie Hospital, and is being transferred to the larger hospital in West Palm Beach shortly.
The reconstruction and plastic surgeons both have seen Montana and decided the transfer would be in her best interest,
Carolyn who was scheduled for "Carpo" surgery tomorrow drove down tonight to be with Christy (Montana's mom). Jim will drive the motorhome down tomorrow and set up somewhere in West Palm Beach.
We will stay in touch with them, and post updates. See most of you on Thursday late morning.
Kind thoughts and prayers for Montana, Christy and Goober, Jim and Carolyn are appreciated.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:50 AM   #3

Dear Montana:

We were so sorry to hear about your accident and are praying that the Lord will heal you very soon.

We miss seeing your smiling face at the rallies and can't wait to see you and your Mom and Dad again.

Love you,
Cheri and Ron AND Lucy and Lola too!
Old 03-16-2005, 05:08 AM   #4

GOOD MORNING ALL--I JUST TALKED TO CAROLYN'S DAUGHTER JAMIE--EVIEDENTLY THE ONE HOSPITAL DIDN'T TELL THE OTHER HOSPITAL THE EXTENT OF MONTANA'S INJURIES. SO, THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO MOVE HER AGAIN--AT THIS TIME NOT SURE WHERE BUT AS SOON AS I HEAR ANYTHING I WILL POST IT. JAMIE SAID THAT CHRISTY & RONNIE ARE FREAKING OUT AS CAN BE EXPECTED.

KEEP THEM IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

ROBIN
MRS FLORIDABOOMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:46 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Jim and Carolyn We will keep Montana and your family in our prayers, as well as in our church prayer circle.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:15 PM   #6

Just to keep everyone updated.
Got a voice message from Carolyn late this afternoon.
Montana was transferred for a second time and is now at Broward Medical Center in Ft. Lauderdale. She was to go into surgery around 5:00 and Carolyn was on her way to the hospital.

Montana has extensive injuries, her jaw is broken on both sides, her cheeks are broken, and she is undergoing extensive reconstructive surgery as I type this post. They were able to find a pediatric cranial surgeon in Ft. Lauderdale to do this first surgery.

I am sure this is just the first step in her road of surgery and recovery.

Prayers, positive thoughts, and everything else you can give to Montana, and the entire family.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:44 PM   #7

We will pray for Montana. Carolyn, Jim,Christy,Ronnie and the rest of the family will also be in our prayers.

Tom & Dee
Tom & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 05:54 PM   #8

Update:
Surgery was delayed and started at about 8PM, it is expected to be a 4-5 hours surgery.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:48 PM   #9

Carolyn and Jim and Family -- I am in tears just thinking about what that poor baby has to go through. Please know that we are thinking of you and praying for Montana's quick recovery. Our love to all of you.
Newgma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 03:04 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Jim, Carolyn and family, We too will be keeping all of you in our prayers. So sorry to hear of this tragedy. Hang in there and please keep us informed.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:59 AM   #11

Jim & Carolyn
Christy & Ronnie
Montana

You will be in our prayers for the surgery to be successful and a quick recovery.

If there is anything we can do during this stressful time, please let us know.
Larry, NW4W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:36 PM   #12

WELL IT'S BEEN THE WORST 2 DAYS OF OUR LIVES,JUST SEEING MONTANA LYING THERE AND THERE IS NOTHING CHRISTY OR I COULD DO COMPLETELY AT THE MERCY OF THE HOSPITAL'
I KNOW ALL THE THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS LEAD MONTANA TO THE CORRECT HOSPITAL, WE BELIEVE SHE IS GETTING THE BEST OF CARE.
NOW I WILL
TRY TO LET YOU KNOW HER CONDITION. TECHNICAL WORDING IS, OPEN REDUCTION INTERNAL FIXATION AND CLOSED REDUCTION OF MULTIPLE MANEBULAR FRACTURES REPAIR OF OF FACIAL LACERATIONS EXTRACTON OF NECESSARY TEETH. APPLICATION OF ARCH BAR WITH SKELETAL FIXATION AND DEBRIGRMENT OF AREA WITH DIRT AND ECT FROM ABOUT 25 HOURS.

THEY TOOK THE BREATHING TUBE OUT THIS AFTERNOON BUT SHE IS STILL RECEIVING OXYGEN. THIS DOCTOR DID A FABULUS JOB REPAIRING AND RECONTRUCTION OF HER FACE. OUR COARSE HER JAWS ARE WIRED SHUT BUT SHE IS GOING TO BE FINE, I JUST PRAYED THAT GOD WOULD LEAD THE DOCTORS HAND AND THE NURSES THAT ATTENDED HER AND THIS PM WE ARE ALL OPTOMISTIC FOR THE FIRST TIME.

JIM,ME,CHRISTY, RONNIE AND MONTANA WANT TO THINK ALL FOR THE THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS I KNOW THEY WERE HELPFUL BUT JIM AND I ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH KIND AND CARING FRIENDS, YOUR CARING MEANS SO MUCH,
THANKS DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ENOUGH.
OUR LOVE TO ALL,
JIM,CAROLYN,CHRISTY,RONNIE AND MONTANA
islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:32 AM   #13

Carolyn and Family,
We are thankful to hear that Montana has received the care that was needed. You all have been in our thoughts and prayers. We continue to pray Montana will have a speedy recovery and that you all have the strength to
to do whatever is necessary to help her though this.

Love
Tom & Dee
Tom & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:57 AM   #14

Carolyn and Family,

Ralph and I have been praying for Montana and all of you. We know the power of prayer works! God is good. Be sure to tell Montana that all of the Boomers are praying and thinking of her and can't wait to see her smiling face again. We wish we could be there to give you hugs, but please know that we are with you in spirit. Hope to see you soon.

Janice & Ralph