Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #1

Snowbirds 2015/2016

Were are all the Snowbirds heading this coming winter? Wife and I heading to our winter spot in Florida again!

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2015, 09:33 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We live in FL, I think we will stay home
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:35 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We are snowbirds and fulltimers, already out west. We will split time between AZ & CA. In April we will make Florida.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:50 AM   #4

As much as I hate it, we'll be wintering in South Carolina while our home is being built. But I do as I'm told.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:55 AM   #5

Heading down to Citrus Springs Monday (11/2).
Old 10-31-2015, 07:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
We live in FL, I think we will stay home
I'm glad we don't live in Florida because then we wouldn't have any where to go!

Stano
Old 11-13-2015, 01:02 PM   #7

Just arrived back in Crystal River, FL, last week for the winter. We stay at Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:20 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
We are wintering near Yuma, AZ. This will be our ninth winter.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #9

This is our first year as snowbirds, since my husband just retired in April. We don't know where we want to go yet. We decided to go to Florida, and spend 10 days in one spot, and then move on to another place.

We will be staying in Bushnell FL while the Tampa RV show is going on, so we are planning to go to that. We have places to stay until mid-February. So, I need to make some plans for mid-February till about mud-March.

We would be interested in finding some city or county-run rv parks in Florida. We have stayed in some publicly owned rv parks in the Midwest, and were very happy. No reservations needed, always some open campsites, and larger campsites. Usually they would be just electric or electric and water, but they were reasonably priced.
dog lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog lover View Post
This is our first year as snowbirds, since my husband just retired in April. We don't know where we want to go yet. We decided to go to Florida, and spend 10 days in one spot, and then move on to another place.

We will be staying in Bushnell FL while the Tampa RV show is going on, so we are planning to go to that. We have places to stay until mid-February. So, I need to make some plans for mid-February till about mud-March.

We would be interested in finding some city or county-run rv parks in Florida. We have stayed in some publicly owned rv parks in the Midwest, and were very happy. No reservations needed, always some open campsites, and larger campsites. Usually they would be just electric or electric and water, but they were reasonably priced.
There are a lot of RV parks represented at the Tampa show. A lot of them offer Free stays for new bees!
That's how we found the park we now call our Fl. home.

Stano
Old 11-18-2015, 05:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
We are wintering near Yuma, AZ. This will be our ninth winter.
Same here. No dust storms please.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:49 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog lover View Post
.... So, I need to make some plans for mid-February till about mud-March.....
When I read this, I had to chuckle....."mud"-March! This is what we would want to escape from in NH!

If you have a smart phone you can install RVParky. You can select only public CG's, Walmart, Pilot gas stations, etc.

Sebring, in the center of FL, has a nice state park. There's Jonathan Dickinson SP in Jupiter ( above West Palm Beach ). We're here now for 2 weeks. In the far southwest, Naples, is another SP, I think It's Collier - Seminole.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:11 AM   #13
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Dog Lover
Lots of luck if you are looking for a week or more in a decent place in Fla without a reservation. State parks book 11 months in advance to the minute in nice areas. Look for cancellations everyday until you leave. You may have to move a few times in one park over the course of a week or two. Some of the higher priced private parks may be able to accomodate you or the dumpy out of the way parks.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:05 AM   #14

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Our first winter in Florida. We full-time and I work part time from the road.

We have a week booked in Forrest Park RV outside Orlando (next to Disney) for the first week of December. Kids coming in to go to Disney.
Then 3 weeks and 3 days at Sumter Park RV just down the road. ('til end of Dec).
After that we are tooling down "south" to Bushnell for 2 months at MRV Resort.

Funny thing is, we made all these reservations within the last 2 weeks. Just got lucky, I guess. Last reservation at MRV was made yesterday. Called them and got in for 2 months on a spot that had JUST cancelled.

Going to do some day trips to here and there. Might try to catch a cruise at some point. Tampa RV show sounds good, too.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote