Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #99
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi Y'All,

Glad to hear all had a great time and got home safe & sound !

Hey Juanita,
I bet the tail wind behind you made it easy on the flying monkeys !!!!

Hey Dianne,
Hope all worked out ok with Alice !!!

Looking forward to seeing you all in Oct !!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #100

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We still haven't had 50 KW or SumterJIm report in,hope they got home ok!!
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #101
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Colleen and I just want to add to this discussion by stating that this small little ol' Southern rally of ours was "Excellent!"

I was completely blown away by the food that we had at the Potluck dinner. Totally awesome job on everyone's part and if there is going to be a repeat of this in October leave your "diets" at the door!

I had a great time on the Charleston Harbor Tour, I hope to have a couple of pictures put in an Album soon. Keep an eye out for it! Concluding that tour we went to the Hominy Grill, and had the very famous shrimp and grits, hush puppies, home made deserts and the not to be forgotten ice tea.

The next day 4 of us had a great tour aboard the Yorktown and Clamagore. The best comment I heard about the Clamagore is that it's been in the water so long that the watertight hatches shrunk! I was speaking to Pete a fellow motorhome owner who unfortunately could not make the rally in JI. He told me that he regretted not being there because he was a carrier sailor aboard the USS Ranger. Pete told me that the F4 Phantom II a J model on the carrier deck was from the Ranger. It would have been great to have Pete there to give us a narrative as we were visiting the spaces. As it was Beau was completely familiar with the Babcock & Wilcox boilers in the engine rooms so that part of the tour was very interesting.

On day 3 we went down to the Market and walked around a bit. They are rebuilding the inside of the structures and there are a number of unique shops to browse through. Later on we got back in the car, drove downtown and parked out by the sea wall and went for a walk on Battery row. Such beautiful homes and their history is just so obvious. Walking on the very same sidewalks that British and Confederate soldiers would have back in the days of antiquity. One does not need to invoke too much imagination as you can just about see the scores of people that were in those homes gazing in wonderment and at the time whether it was concern or jubilation at the bombardment of Fort Sumter which is clearly visible off in the distance. The War Between The States began and ended here in Fort Sumter.

Charleston is the Jewel of the South and I always have a great time when I visit the place because I always seem to pick out features that I had not previously noticed. We'll be back and we are looking forward to another campout at James Island County Park with the grandkids if we have time. There's an exciting water park at JI and the kids would absolutely love it.

Hoping to see all of you again shortly in Myrtle Beach at Ocean Lakes. (see my sig) Have a great summer!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #102

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
We arrived home without any events. We very much enjoyed the fellowship and the food was great. We are looking forward to seeing all of you again soon.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #103

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 kw View Post
We arrived home without any events. We very much enjoyed the fellowship and the food was great. We are looking forward to seeing all of you again soon.
Duncan,it was good to see you and Rose again,hope to see you again,maybe at the Myrtle Beach rally?

Dianne
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #104

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
It sounds like you all had a good time. Camilla and I camped at James Island Park in the fall of 1998. It is a nice place and we had a good time there.
We had booked a cruise that left Port Canaveral on May 1 way before the rally was planed. We had a great time on the Carnival Dream for 7 days. It just went by way too fast.

Bill
Old 05-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #105
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA4SLC View Post
It sounds like you all had a good time
Bill, Don't forget to book your reservations for Ocean Lakes this coming October! We're going to have a great time at Myrtle Beach. See my Sig for all the links and details.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #106

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
OK.
We are planing on going. The only thing is we have homecoming at our church that Sunday, so we will leave Washington NC between 2 and 3 PM. I just hope we can get there before dark.
Bill
Old 05-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #107
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
... so we will leave Washington NC between 2 and 3 PM. I just hope we can get there before dark.
We know where that is, we camped there!

On the next day after we were out on Hatteras & we heard that you guys had been hit by a twister! I think it's going on 2 years ago.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #108

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I remember it well. The twister was on WITN TV's Washington waterfront camera that they had on tv at the time. I live 2 miles north of town on Hwy 17. I watched the swrling clouds pass by about a 3/4 mile in front of my house. That was way too close.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #109
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
That was way too close.
You bet it was and we were out on Hatteras !!!!!

I think it would be great to see a water sprite. I saw one on the front page of the St. Petersburg paper one day that they had shot out on the Gulf.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:57 AM   #110
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi all,

Hey Driver your are right it was April 19, 2008 that we (Me,You & MikeT) stoped overnight in Washington,NC on our way to the Outter Banks!!

Old 05-13-2010, 07:43 AM   #111
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL View Post
Hey Driver your are right it was April 19, 2008 that we (Me,You & MikeT) stopped overnight in Washington,NC on our way to the Outer Banks!!
Al, You bet! Those are good times and more are to be made! We were fortunate to be out of harms way but that's not always possible. We were actually in a twister in Ocala at the Wilderness RV Park back in April 2005! Very scary!

I don't even want to revisit the lightning strike!

Nice shot by the way! ... practicin' for that "Official Photographer" job for October!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:10 AM   #112
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey Driver,

You are right again about those were good times and more to be made! Sometimes I just can't believe how many great friends I have made, and all the great times I have had with folks from this site in the past 10 years!!!! Looking forward to many many more!!!! Yea that shot was not to bad for only being a old 1.3 mega pixel camera at dusk!! Hopeing to get a new camera before Oct!!