Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #71

Appalachian Campers
Who's interested in some fun and a prize?

Been kicking around an idea, and decided to throw it out there to see who might be interested. When is the last time you played croquet? If you're like me, you probably grew up playing it, but haven't played it in years and years. My thought is this. A freindly IRV2 Croquet Tournament at the Spring Fling in Mayberry. The Winner, will recieve 2 mouth watering, to die for, Snappy Lunch, Pork Chop Sandwhiches. My treat. Anyone interested in the idea?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #72
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
That's a great idea Steve! Count me in, I haven't played croquet in 40 or 50 years.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #73

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Sounds like fun. We like to play croquet but we haven't played in quite a while.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Croquet? Is that not that fancy bread some people make breakfast sand. out of. (LOL) Sounds great , see you there.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #75

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird23 View Post
Croquet? Is that not that fancy bread some people make breakfast sand. out of. (LOL) Sounds great , see you there.
C'mon now. Croquet. You know, where we all go down to the pond and catch female frogs. Ya know croquers, and croquets.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #76

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Them croquets are great. Like mine with gravy.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #77

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Thumbs up

Ha!!! that is a great Idea, Count us in would like the Free Dinner at Mayberry
Jim
jimandsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #78

Appalachian Campers
I just wanted to update the attendees list. Friends of ours, Bill & Norma Anderson from Blairsville, Ga, felt like the Rally would just be too much fun to miss, so they will also be attending. They have made their reservations with Lynn, and I have passed along a copy of the menu to them. Bill is not what you would call a computer geek (still using dial-up), so I am posting on his behalf.

Well it's snowing in Helen, GA as I post this, but I am sure that we will have great weather for the Rally.

We're looking forward to meeting everyone!
Walt & Genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #79

Appalachian Campers
Walt & Genie,

Thanks for inviting Bill & Norma, I've added them to the list and am looking forward to meeting them.

It's been snowing here too, started yesterday afternoon and is forcast to continue until tomorrow sometime. It's not much snow, I think maybe 4" or so at the most but the ground is so warm it's melting in as fast as it comes down. The kicker is that it's supposed to get down to 24 degrees tonight... Brrrrrrr. But, by the time our rally date gets here next weekend the snow will be all gone, the weather will be warm, and the flowers will be blooming.

FWIW, Sylvia and I are planning to arrive early, getting to the CG on Wednesday afternoon. I checked with the CG and Lynn said any of our group who wants to come early and/or stay later, there would be no space problems. Just come on in and stay as long as you like.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Barring any unforeseen delays we'll be leaving FL on Monday and arriving at Mayberry CG Wednesday.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #81

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hitchhiker: Do I need to bring any firewood for Sunday morning? I have a meeting sat.afternoon & night in Lenoir and plan to stay sat. night in mt airy. Then come visiting Sunday morning. Then off to the d.c. area sun.night to wed. am.
See y'all. Typical weather on MY side of the big hill-snow-sunshine- snow-wind-sleet-sunshine. Just an average day in April
here.
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #82

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Sure wish we could join y'all! I feel great,but the two new knees aren't as strong as they need to be or working exactly right yet. I'm sure after a few more weeks of physical therapy I'll be a "happy camper". Enjoy a pork chop sandwich for us,and hope to see lot of y'all at the National.....
Dianne
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #83

Appalachian Campers
Hey Joe,

We won't turn down any offer of firewood, if you can bring some that's great but no big deal if you can't. Sounds like you're a busy guy for a retiree, heck when you're retired there ain't supposed to be meetings any more.

Diane,

Take care of those new knees, there will always be another campout that you can go to. As a matter of fact since I brought the subject up, y'all want to do one for us later in the summer or in the fall?

????
Old 04-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #84

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Richard,we have hosted 4 so will pass for now.Doc has mentioned several times the past 2 or 3 years that he wanted to host one at Hunting Island or somewhere he had in mind in Ga.so keep waiting for that one! We would also love to go back to Whittier in the early fall-two good locations!

Dianne
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote