Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #57
doc

Appalachian Campers
Miss Carol and I had a great time sharing the shade and good conversation with the guys at Stone Mtn this afternoon. 78 traffic after 6:00 was not bad, considering it was a Friday. Wish all of you could join us in Charleston next week.
If not, see you guys in October.
Until then, travel safe and have fun.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2010, 07:16 AM   #58
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Doc & Miss Carol it was our pleasure to share our shade with you all, wish you could have joined us for dinner! We hand a nice time! There was no pot luck, but I still ate pretty good! Had coconut shrimp appetizer a 9oz sirlion steak w/grilled lobsester tail and 2 strawberry peach sangria's!! Then we sat around till about 11:30 and just chatted and enjoyed each others company! Funny thing is that when you think about it, although a few of us are Fla residents now! All five of us here at this South East Campers Rally are all Yankee's, ROFLMAO!!!!!! Oh well off to enjoy the attractions here at the Mountain!!! All those that could not make it you are missed, and these are very nice sites Dave thanks for setting it up!! See a lot of you in Oct. at the Rally in Myrtle Beach!
Old 04-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #59

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Already registered. Looks like the weather will be good.

Thanks

Duncan & Rose
Old 04-25-2010, 07:09 AM   #60

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
The sun is out today, will be going to the park shortley.

Jim & MJ
Jim&MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #61
doc

Appalachian Campers
We had some fairly strong weather here in NE Georgia last night guys. Lightning and heavy rains at times. Not a lot of wind thank goodness.
Thought about you folks there and hoped you faired well. Going to be a great day today. Enjoy
doc and Ms C
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #62
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Thanks for thinking about us Doc, we did ok Mike & Mo had a small branch come down on there rig, but no damage!! Even though the weather was bad yesterday we made the best out of it! We went to the Cyclorama, then out to another nice dinner followed by sitting around a big fire in the campground pavillon enjoying each others company!! Due to the bad weather last night the laser show was canceled, but as luck would have it, they did it tonight and we had a great time !!!! Although this ended up being a small group, we still had one heck of a GOOD TIME !!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #63
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Al,

It sounds like you have a very nice time at Stone Mountain. Colleen and I wish you all a safe trip home.

We are camping south of where you are off of the I75 at a place called Southern Trails RV Resort. The Interstate is a little over 150 Yards from here and on the other side of the Highway there a train track. This has got to be the noisiest place we have camped. We're here for 3 more days and then we'll be going to James Island. I'll have to see if I can dig out my ear plugs!

James Island should be a lot more peaceful!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:18 AM   #64
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Driver,
Wow that does sound like the noisiest place for sure, hang in there and just keep thinking about what a great time you will have at James Island soon!!! If I did not have so much to do to get ready for the beaches at the Lake to open, I would have joined you all there!! See you & Colleen in Oct. I am looking forward to the 10th Anv. Rally @ Ocean Lakes!!!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:33 AM   #65
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL View Post
Hey Driver,
Wow that does sound like the noisiest place for sure, hang in there and just keep thinking about what a great time you will have at James Island soon!!!
Al, You probably already know this but Saturday night was no picnic either. Massive thunderstorms were passing through the Perry area and we even lost power to our coach twice during the evening.

Today it its beautiful outside with a temperature of 67° at the Warner Robbins AFB. Colleen and I are going to go to the USAF Museum today and I expect to go out to Andersonville tomorrow.

We are looking forward to arriving at JI and meet up with the other iRV2 folks! Stay in touch and we'll see you again in October that just about
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote