Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Mid-Atlantic Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:41 AM   #15
Administrator Emeritus

Lamont,thanks for the tip on Natural Bridge....

For Williamsburg, we recommend American Heritage....

For Virginia Beach, we recommend Holiday Travel....they even have a parking lot one block from the beach which is for the exclusive use of the camper families.

BethPage is a nice campground,I just don't do crowds well,so I try and go off weekends...
July 4th and the Oyster Fest you should expect to be a sardine....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2006, 04:21 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I second the nomination for American Heritage in Williamsburg. Great place and close to everything in Williamsburg. Dog friendly with a nice fenced dog run.

If you want to see Cold Harbor Battlefield and other Richmond-related Civil War attractions, your best choice is Americamps in Ashland, just off I-95 or US1. It is a nice and well-maintained place with a pool and playground. It is very close to 95 so can be a bit noisy if you like to sleep with your windows open.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:10 PM   #17

Hi Bob, I am not too far from you. The next time you plan a three or four day get away and are inviting the gang make sure you let me know. I love to pop out for a long weekend or any other gathering that might be in the area.

Thanks David
Toterman (David) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:38 AM   #18
Administrator Emeritus

David,
I just saw your response and wanted to laet you know of several things coming up....

The "Mid-Atlantic" group will be in the Lancaster,PA area the weekend AFTER Labor Day and the Appalachian group will be in Unicoi,TN that same weekend....Having just been with the Lancaster group,I am heading to Unicoi for that post-Labor Day rally...

There are a few other things in the works,but nothing definite yet...one is a trip to American Heritage....will keep you posted.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:37 AM   #19
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
David,

We'd love to have you drop in on our Appalachian Campers' Summer Rally in Unicoi, just click the link for details.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #20

Thanks for the invite, it seems Sept is pretty booked up. We are leaving on or about the 20th for Nashville, on to Branson,on to our HDT rally out in Wichita and then down to the Balloon fiesta in NM and then home. Should take about three weeks. Doing the Irv2 in July and looking for a few long weekends to fill in here and there. Thanks I will keep checking with you guys for the local I call it stuff.

David
Old 06-24-2006, 08:33 AM   #21
Administrator Emeritus

Dave,
Someone had sent me some info on a public campground in or near the DE/MD area, seems to me it was right on the water and a State Park...

Does that ring any bells?

I'm not sure the site size is conductive to you or I, but it seemed worth checking out....
Old 06-25-2006, 06:38 AM   #22

You might be thinking of Sandy Point, right at the Bay Bridge. I have not been there but some of those state parks are a bit tight for my rig. We have done Cherrystone more than once, I like the Travelpark down on the south end of Virginia beach, they have some beautiful new Super Sites, and super prices to go with them.Toms cove but it seems every time I go there they seem to figure out a way to p ** me off so I banned them from my list. If you think of any more let me know.

Oh by the way, we will be neighbors down in Knoxville, one site between us.

Thanks David
Old 07-04-2006, 07:48 AM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Dave,
Someone had sent me some info on a public campground in or near the DE/MD area, seems to me it was right on the water and a State Park...

Does that ring any bells?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Point Lookout SP, has sights with full hookups or water & electric right on the water. Southern MD where Cheasapeake Bay and Potomac River meet. BIG sites too, David your Volvo would fit in easily on most sites, Mine does. Alos there is Breezy Point, a county park right on the Cheasapeake Bay below Cheasapeake Beach, Calvert County.

2006 Volvo VNL42T630 465HP 1650ft/lbs. 12 speed Freedomline
themisfitking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:19 AM   #24

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
According to Maryland's DNR website, the only camping available at Sandy Point S.P. is for organized groups (i.e. Boy/Girl Scouts).

Janes Island S.P. near Crisfield, MD (located southwest of Salisbury, MD) is on the Chesapeake Bay. I've never been there but I've read that it's quite rustic, has beautiful scenery/wildlife, and lots of "skeeters" so bring gallons of repellent.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:26 AM   #25
Administrator Emeritus

Hey.....GOOD ONE!!

I'm thinking that's the one!!