Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Mid-Atlantic Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
Even though it would be a blast I think we will pass - we are going to Old Mill Stream the 1st weekend of April with the local FMCA group, and to Ramblin Pines the 13-14th - still down big time on these CG's that authorize golf cart racing through the campground (Easter is Spring Break time) - let me know how many golf carts you ground. We are probably going to try a trip to Pensacola Florida (weather permitting) in March to visit Brenda's parents.
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #16

Mid Atlantic Campers
Sounds good Lenny, will look forward to it. However we may change our plans on CG's due to the Go Cart Gran Prix. I have reserched several low profile CG on the N Carolina coast, full hookups $18 night, right on the ocean. Hey Bill ya need to take a Ferry to get to them.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I have been down to Myrtle Beach numerous times. Although there are allot of golf carts, I have to say they were very strict, and I saw nuerous being removed if a adult let their child use it.

Overall, I beleive they are constantly monitoring it. It is not much an issue with us, and I dont see it being overly abused but everyone has there right to an opinion.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
Hope what you say about monitoring the golf carts proves to be true - we had a bad experience at Beth Page last year - one of our group, towing a 5the wheel had his truck smashed into by a golf cart driven by a teenie bopper - the ensuing F.. this and F.. that was witnessed by the "camp security" was a real treat. Nothing changed all weekend - luckily it was a truck she ran into - not a little kid. Of course it wasn't her fault - there were only 6 people riding in the cart that could vouch for that - I asked security what the limit was on passengers and I was advised no more than 6 - interesting rule - since the cart only has 4 seats. Maybe those on Myrtle Beach are different - but an awful lot of comments on the camp review page seem to think otherwise. But - as NY says just opinions. Steve - don't know if I can do a Ferry - might get sea sick.
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #19

Mid Atlantic Campers
poor land locked sailors.

landmines brother, landmines

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #20
jmo

Ocean Lakes has had some pretty serious "accidents" over the year's including pedestrians that are of course not publicized. Woman who lived there used to comment over in RV.NET and told of some harrowing stuff. As I have said before we have teens and they are either driving one or in one and so are kids not even teens. At Ocean Lakes you can officially drive one with a learners permit (15) at Lakewood I think I heard you have to be a licensed driver (16). Security is vigilant but in the summer especially it is just sooo crowded. I stopped my oldest by not renting anymore, he had it taken from him one night by security driving in a monstrous thunderstorm as fast as possible with friends through puddles...he was supposed to be in rec room Another trip a friend came along with no license (14) he got in a cart with a bunch of girls and they let him drive...boom into the back of a guy's brand new pick-up. Was not major but it was to the owner and didn't enhance my Easter break. I saw a kid lose control one day on a corner 1st row frm beach and careen up onto patio stopping just short of MH, chairs flying...what if people had been sitting there! It's a shame because watching Mom's and Dad's drive around with their younger grinning kids and even pets is an awful lot of fun. It is a huge money maker. Mine was 16 before we let him drive one and he still blew it. Easter IS calmer

I just went in to kitchen, he is 19 now, drives better and is watching Presidents speech. He leaves next month for Army Basic in Ft. Benning. He tried Navy but decided on Army and as head strong as ever. Seems like they go from a golf cart, to a Mustang, to a tank in a very short period of time.

Kate

jmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:37 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Kate,
I have to agree there are allot of teenagers cruising in theses things, but I have seen security taking the keys and yanking them, as they did your sons. Overall, you said it, it is a parents job to teach them right and wrong like you did.
Today, we have more people trying to be friends with their kids, or avoid them all together then to be their parents!

By the way, good luck to your son, we are proud of those who serve.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:26 AM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just went in to kitchen, he is 19 now, drives better and is watching Presidents speech. He leaves next month for Army Basic in Ft. Benning. He tried Navy but decided on Army and as head strong as ever. Seems like they go from a golf cart, to a Mustang, to a tank in a very short period of time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So true,you should be proud,I was 34 before I stopped getting mad the President interrupted one of my tv shows.

At pirateland one 4th of july,after watching a bunch of kids racing around(It did get kind of out of control,even I started yelling at them for driving to close to my site,had my 2 year old playing outside.)my 10 year old said he wished he could drive one.Being the hero that I am I told him after dinner we could go to the private section and I would let him drive. We go over to that side,as soon as he gets in the drivers seat,security is right there with thier plastic badges and thier Inspector Gadget utility belts on.I was wrong ,but doncha just hate getting yelled at by one of these guys.Anyway the kid never got to drive and spent the rest of the 2 weeks pointing out every under age driver that happend to come by our site,complaining how unfair life is, ha, if he only knew.Most of these lunitics just look at you with the stink eye when you tell them to slow down,no respect ! I just look at that video of Tigger pushing that kid away for grabbing his tail,and wonder of these people that think that kid didnt deserve it. Anyone who has a 13 year old knows.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:38 AM   #23
jmo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I just look at that video of Tigger pushing that kid away for grabbing his tail,and wonder of these people that think that kid didnt deserve it. Anyone who has a 13 year old knows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree!

Kate

Old 03-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
The Golf Cart rules here at Ocean Lakes have changed. There is a major campaign here regarding under age golf cart drivers. There are full page warnings on OL's Chanel 10 TV channel more prominent than before.

Don't get caught.

The campground will ask the family to leave if they catch an under age driver. All rental carts are prominently labeled, "Must be 16 yo with a valid driver's license to operate"

In the summer time here at OLFCG it's easy to get in a row of 15 to 20 carts going down the ocean front street but from what I see I believe that security in on the case with under age GC drivers.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #25
jmo

Yeah! Good for them. They used to let 16 year olds drive with a learner's permit which I don't have a problem. It's the underage yungins better watch out

jmo