Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Mid-Atlantic Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:01 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Feb. 15 2019, Norristown DMV B Skills Test

I picked up a 38' Dynasty Bishop in Caif. last Aug. and drove it back. I haven't had any luck finding someone with a B w/air brakes or CDL to accompany me in taking the test. I have the L Permit. It's really tough getting a test date so I'm just checking to see if someone lives in the Norristown area and might help, (weather permitting). I'm in West Chester off rt 3 and 352. I figure I could meet up somewhere on the way or near the DMV.
I have to be at the DMV at 10:15 AM.
02/15/19.
f365gt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2019, 02:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by f365gt4 View Post
I picked up a 38' Dynasty Bishop in Caif. last Aug. and drove it back. I haven't had any luck finding someone with a B w/air brakes or CDL to accompany me in taking the test. I have the L Permit. It's really tough getting a test date so I'm just checking to see if someone lives in the Norristown area and might help, (weather permitting). I'm in West Chester off rt 3 and 352. I figure I could meet up somewhere on the way or near the DMV.
I have to be at the DMV at 10:15 AM.
02/15/19.
Let me know if your get stuck, I should be able to help you out.
moblguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Very Much appreciated, Thanks. I checked your location and you would have a pretty long trip. I don't want to inconvenience anyone too much but if I come up short by Feb. 11th, I'll try to get in touch. I'm going to contact a limo service not too far from here to see if they have a willing driver with a CDL. It's a little unreal how difficult it is to get a license without taking a commercial course $$$. I even resorted to knocking on a strangers door when I saw a coach in the driveway, he's going to be in Daytona on the 15th.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by f365gt4 View Post
Very Much appreciated, Thanks. I checked your location and you would have a pretty long trip. I don't want to inconvenience anyone too much but if I come up short by Feb. 11th, I'll try to get in touch. I'm going to contact a limo service not too far from here to see if they have a willing driver with a CDL. It's a little unreal how difficult it is to get a license without taking a commercial course $$$. I even resorted to knocking on a strangers door when I saw a coach in the driveway, he's going to be in Daytona on the 15th.
Just checking back to see if you found someone for your driver test coming up.
Let me know if you need my help.

Rick
Old 02-06-2019, 08:33 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Rick, I held off contacting you for a couple reasons. This Monday I tried to get another test scheduled due to the short stay of warmer weather and a little closer to home. Wolfington Schoolbus leasing in Eagle PA Rt.100. The girl just called and gave me a scheduled time on this Fri (8th) at 9:30 a.m.
Last month I contacted someone working about a mile away at the limo service and he was willing to go to Norristown, but I have to see it he can make the Fri schedule. If it’s a negative and your available, maybe we can work something out. I’m willing to pay for your time. I’ll let you know as soon as I find out if the local help is OK.
I was looking for a way to send my phone number but it looks like there isn’t email here.
Thanks for your interest and help. Finding CDL help has been difficult and the weather isn't any better.
Tom
tomwelsh3@msn.com
Rt 3 & 352
Old 02-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Rick, Good news, John from the limo service is going to take the morning off and go. He works 5 minutes from here. Located him by knocking on doors in the area.
Many thanks for your offer. Send me a email if you can in case there's a problem.
Tom
Old 02-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #7

No problem. Good luck.

Tags
test, tow