Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
2011 northeast spring/summer rally

!! See The most recent Updates on the Rally Calendar!!

It is official, the 2011 WICKED GOOD RALLY is on....!!

June 9,10,11 & 12 2011

Reservations can be made by calling: www.silverspringscampgroundandcottages.com.

Some folks will be coming early, some will stay later. Either way, come and enjoy!

Please tell Maryann when registering you are with the IRV2 group rally.
Group pricing is available at $36.00 per night and $24.00 for Passport America. There is a rec hall for a group function, wifi, 30/50 full hook ups and I'm sure we will find some lobstah.
As of today there are at least 35-40 sites available all not being together but available. Sites # 11, 12, 13 & 5 are centrally located next to the pool and meeting room that can be used in case of rain. We may want to reserve these for handicap or those not able to walk long distances to the back section.
Each camper is responsible for their own reservations. Please register on the rally calendar on this site when you have confirmed your site with Silver Springs.

Some area attractions to consider might be:

1 1/2 miles to Old Orchard Beach which offers 7 miles of Sandy Beaches
  • 2 1/2 miles to Aquaboggan Water Park
  • 1/2 mile to Funtown Splashtown Adventure Theme Park
  • Riding Stables Nearby
  • 4 miles to Pine Point Beaches
  • Golf Range and Golf Courses nearby
  • Restaurants, Shopping and Theaters - all minutes away
  • 7 miles to Scarborough Downs Harness Racing
  • 9 miles to Maine Mall
  • 12 miles to Portland's Old Port
  • 30 miles to L.L.Bean and Freeport's Factory Outlets
  • Amato's Restauraunt
Thursday will be free a day although we will try for a fire ring Happy Hour on Friday evening. Bring your drinks and munchies....
Portland Harbor Light House Lovers Tour on Friday. Some may travel to L.L.Bean for a Friday nite shopping spree. (not me)
Saturday morning from 9:00 AM to ? will be a Meet & Greet Breakfast. Please post on the calander site what dish you will bring. Also needed will be the usual breakfast items of coffee, tea, condiments, etc.
Saturday evening we will be having lobster and steamed clams. Real Butter will be needed. Quantity to be determined based on the number served. More info to follow.....@ market price.
Saturday evening there will be a bonfire and storytelling, or "story-lying", or sing along. Wood donation fee accepted. The International Order of Hair Hats Convention will take place during the evening.
Sunday will be a free day.

Friday Harbor Cruise DSign Up;

Saturday Breakfast Sign Up;

Saturday Dinner Sign up;

Please post your "bring along items" on the Rally calander and I will update the list as needed.

Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You can count us in!!! Silver Springs, FL to Silver Springs in Saco!!!!
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Bill,

Thanks for starting something, I have never been to Main, so I need to add it to my map!! Only state on the whole east coast I have not yet been to! For me the second week-end would be better, since I am not leaving Fla till May this year!!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We are in. I love Maine and Maine lobstahs!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
We would be interested wife has weekend free now the dates will be our concern we will be in Wells,Maine 3d week at other funtion but it would be a break from this winter, thanks for the start Bill.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:49 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If it’s the second weekend in June, we’d like to go! We plan on getting the motorhome back on the road this season and would love to see some old friends and make some new ones! And we haven’t been to Maine in quite some time (which is sad, since we live right next door in NH!).
Horsepowerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
2011 Northeast Spring Rally

Okay, Sounds like we have a quarum. I'll call Silver Springs and ask for the second weekend, June 9,10,11-12, 2011. Hope this works for most.

1) Please call in your own reservations, mention IRV2 Spring Rally. I'll call Monday to see what I can negotiate for special pricing. Please do so yourselves as well. If you have Passport America mention that also.
2) Come when ever you want, leave when ever you want.
3) This will be a stress free rally with no structured activities unless some one wants to help organize an event or activity.
4) I have heard the International Order of Hair Hats, New England Chapter will be present and in full dress.
5) Someone has also suggested a Chowder Challenge.
6) We may take a collection for the Bomb Fire wood or a donation to the Fire department if it gets out of hand,...
7) A day trip to L.L. Bean could be a possibilty. Although all the stars shop early in the morning around 2-3 AM. Your call...
6) I will try to post a roster as the list grows.
7) Come one, Come all for great week-end!

ps, if I can help answer questions regarding the area or direction feel free to pm me if you like.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey JIM & Linda hope it works out that you can make it, sure would be good to see you guys again!!

Hey Bill sounds like a good plan!! After this very busy winter in Fla, I will need some time to relax,LOL!!!! Thanks again for taking this on!!
Old 03-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
I'm sorry we are going to miss you guys. We have a campout the first weekend of May, and will be on vacation the rest of the month of May, and have a Good Sam Rally the first weekend of June. We'll be trying to catch up for a couple of weeks after that, so we'll be sticking close to home.
You know we'll be thinking about all of you, and wishing we were there! Sounds like a nice campground and I know you'll all have a great time together. Be sure to post your summer camping, and maybe we'll be able to have an impromptu gathering. Some of you we'll see in the fall at the IRV2 rally for sure!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #10

Sounds great. When can we make res? We are presently at the KOA outide the Daytona Speedway. Sure warm here, heading for Myrtle Beach in a few days.
Vet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vet Man View Post
Sounds great. When can we make res? We are presently at the KOA outide the Daytona Speedway. Sure warm here, heading for Myrtle Beach in a few days.
Hello Bill,
Wish we knew you were at Daytona. DW and I drove right past the track this afternoon. Spent the day on the beach. See you in Saco.
I'll answer you questions on another post.

bdaball
Old 03-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #12

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Silver Springs in Saco Maine will open May 1st, 2011. "MaryAnn" has confirmed our event and has offerred $24.00/night for Passport America and $36.00/night for non-members. Please mention IRV2 Spring Rally when you call to make your own reservations. We did not say anything about a particular starting date but I assume Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Feel free to come and go as you want. DW and I will probably arrive mid day on Thursday unless we decide differently.
For those of you who were at the spring rally last year in Vermont you will understand the "Bomb" fire rather than bonfire. Let's hope we have better luck this time!
I'll work on trying to get a "sticky-note" on this event. Can anyone help with that?
Old 03-28-2011, 06:12 AM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Jim & Linda we hope you can make it. It would be great to see you guys again! And everyone else of course.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #14

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
RESERVATION Date Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaball View Post
Silver Springs in Saco Maine will open May 1st, 2011. "MaryAnn" has confirmed our event and has offerred $24.00/night for Passport America and $36.00/night for non-members. Please mention IRV2 Spring Rally when you call to make your own reservations. We did not say anything about a particular starting date but I assume Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Feel free to come and go as you want. DW and I will probably arrive mid day on Thursday unless we decide differently.
For those of you who were at the spring rally last year in Vermont you will understand the "Bomb" fire rather than bonfire. Let's hope we have better luck this time!
I'll work on trying to get a "sticky-note" on this event. Can anyone help with that?

To clarify the date for calling in reservations; you can call Silver Springs anytime after April 1, 2011 to make your reservations even though they do not open for camping business until May 1, 2011.
As soon as I return from Florida I will inspect the park and pick out a group of sites that will work best for the number of rigs that we will have in attendance and post the same here.