Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Can you reccomend a campground in Vermont?

Our very first camping trip will be the Dry River campground in New Hampshire but after that we were thinking about exploring Vermont. Are there any outstanding Campgrounds in Vermont?
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A little more idea of what part of VT you would like to visit and what you are looking for in an outstanding campground would help with my recommendations. Lived in VT for years, so have some suggestions.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
A little more idea of what part of VT you would like to visit and what you are looking for in an outstanding campground would help with my recommendations. Lived in VT for years, so have some suggestions.
I'm sorry. I guess I should have been more specific. I would like to be around the Manchester area. Not too far from Lake George for a day trip and yet I would have my toes in the area of Manchester.
The campground doesn't have to be outstanding but I didn't want to go to a place that was terrible.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Unfortunately there aren't any campgrounds in Mancheser. The closest one is the Dorset RV Park which is north of Manchester on Route 30 about 8 miles.Vermont RV Park Manchester-Dorset Area Campground Lodging

I have never stayed there, but have passed it many times. It looks like a decent place and gets pretty good ratings from Trailer Life and Woodalls.

If you are talking about a day trip to Lake George, NY - that is about 45 miles away from Dorset and is probably a one hour drive.

If I can be of any further help, just let me know. Enjoy Vermont.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks. We do like the Dorsett area so perhaps we will give it a try. An hrs. drive isn't too bad. It was something to think about.
Really appreciate your input.
Jim
Old 05-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I too am interested in seeing Vermont this summer. We have Camped all of our married life ( over 36 years ) and although we live in Ma. we never have camped in Vermont. We are attending the FMCA rally this July, ( Essex County ) but are interested in seeing the state in the weeks before the rally. We enjoy rv parks, good pools and hot tubs. We use our toad for site seeing in the area. Any thoughts from the locals would be great.

Dan
Old 05-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hello All, if you make it to north VT there is a great museum in Shelbourne. Can spend most of a day touring the grounds and seeing the history of VT. well worth the time.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you do go north in VT, two suggestions for campgrounds: East side of the state, Sugar Ridge in Danville.Sugar Ridge RV Park Danville Vermont
On the West, Apple Island Resort in South Hero is nice.Apple Island RV Resort | South Hero, Vermont
And, a second for Shelburne Museum - great slice of New England History.Shelburne Museum
Old 05-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Vt. Campground

We used to stay a lot at Jamaica State Park, Jamaica,Vt. Real quite with the West river running right thru it.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #10
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Riversbend Campground just south of Shelburne in New Haven or Middlebury area, There is a city park campground in Burlington right in town on Lake Champlain, on the east side of the state try Lake Champagne in Randolph Center 30 minutes from Essex Junction near rt I- 89 see the listing in the campground section on this web site. Near Manchester is Dorset RV Park, Camping on the Battenkill very woodsy, Pine Hollow campground in Pownal near Bennington.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check out RV Park Reviews :: Home
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sage View Post
Thank you very much for this excellent link! I have saved it for future use.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One problem with RV Park Reviews is that it is limited in scope. By that, I mean that it is sometimes difficult/impossible to find a review of a campground you are looking into. The other thing that bothers me sometimes is that unfortunately we are often looking at the opinions of a small number of people who have wildly different ideas of what makes a good campground. So, with that said, I try to consult Woodalls, Trailer Life Guide and RV Park Reviews to get a wide range of opinions.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
All of the RV park directories are good in that they list a lot of parks and give a lot of data. Unfortunately Good Sam bought Woodalls so they own the two largest directories. I also believe that they are biased based upon as sales. We have a 10-10-10 rated park in Oregon that has narrow sites with trees that don't allow satellites. Their wi-fi does not reach all sites. There are no tables or room for tables, etc yet it has the high rating. Why? This is where I turn to RV Park Reviews. It lists parks that are not in the other directories. You do have to read the reviews carefully because some of the reviews are a bit off the wall. Generally these are easy to detect.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground