Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
hammonasset beach

I have been camping here for a few years and live this place. Now they have water and electric hookups and beach rd. it been a nice week for camping down here. If any one like the beach and never camp here before they should give a try. Rate starts at $30, $35 for hookups.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #2

Website

DEP: Hammonasset Beach State Park
Old 07-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Papi View Post
I have been camping here for a few years and live this place. Now they have water and electric hookups and beach rd. it been a nice week for camping down here. If any one like the beach and never camp here before they should give a try. Rate starts at $30, $35 for hookups.
And never forget about the LOBSTER ROLLS at Larry & Joes Fish Tale in Madison.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #4

Hammy

Just so you get to the right restaurant its "Lenny and Joe's Fishtail". They also have a sit down restaurant a couple of miles east on Rt.1 on the Clinton/Westbrook line.
We camp at Hammy a couple of weeks a year. Keep in mind that you usually need reservations during summer months but after Labor day the crowds leave and it's a great place to relax. Any questions, feel free to PM me. tim
TimLoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #5

We just got back from from 5 nights there. We had seven sites ll in a row on Pequot(sp) loop. Beach road or street is the place to stay. If you look at reserve America unless you are going mid week you won't be staying on that road. There are only 28 site I believe on that road that have electric and water. That was my first time there. We had 48 people total and had a blast.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLoon View Post
Just so you get to the right restaurant its "Lenny and Joe's Fishtail". They also have a sit down restaurant a couple of miles east on Rt.1 on the Clinton/Westbrook line.
We camp at Hammy a couple of weeks a year. Keep in mind that you usually need reservations during summer months but after Labor day the crowds leave and it's a great place to relax. Any questions, feel free to PM me. tim
Thanks Tim.
I might not have the spelling right (see disclaimer below) but I sure know how to get there when I'm in town from California. They are the BEST Lobter rolls I have ever had.
My evil cousin always sends me a picture of the Loster rolls when she is there visiting her Mother in Madison.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #7

Chuck, Had one for you tonight.

Got out of work early tonight so headed to Lenny and Joe's with the wife. Had a lobster roll and a cocktail to honor Chuck's recommendation. Thanks for the suggestion. (By the way, the Madison location is BYOB but the Westbrook location serves adult beverages). Will camping at Hammo in September and then in October on Columbus weekend when they close.
TimLoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Got out of work early tonight so headed to Lenny and Joe's with the wife. Had a lobster roll and a cocktail to honor Chuck's recommendation. Thanks for the suggestion. (By the way, the Madison location is BYOB but the Westbrook location serves adult beverages). Will camping at Hammo in September and then in October on Columbus weekend when they close.
Thanks Tim, I do envy you, but thanks for raising one for me. That was very nice of you.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #9

Very nice park, but no pets.
TTT1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #10

Quote:

They just opened another restaurant in New Haven at the long warf exit. The old Rusty Scupper.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...2340313510.txt
Old 06-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was not aware the park now had water and electric hookups, but I also thought they stated they could not accommodate a rig over 32 feet; and yes no pets.
coventryhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coventryhale View Post
I was not aware the park now had water and electric hookups, but I also thought they stated they could not accommodate a rig over 32 feet; and yes no pets.

Beach Street has power and water. We just stayed at site 009 Beach with water and 50amp power. Across from us were some 35-38 Moho. I think the web site says 35 feet but a 45 foot would fit with no problem. The only problem is when they installed the power and water they put two sites on the same pedestal so your power and water is on the wrong side when you back in. The sites are fairly large and some just park across the site backing near the pedestal. You are correct no pets. I left my dog home only to see four or five people walking their dogs every day. Biking around the park I saw a bunch of 40 foot coaches. A beautiful older prevost and a gorgeous country coach Magna. Two sites down from us was a 38-40 travel supreme.