Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:42 PM   #1

Mount Washington pricey

I was disappointed to find that they wanted $67 dollars US to drive up the road to the top of Mount Washington. I thought this was National Forest land, but apparently it is a private enterprise running it. We traveled through Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont on our way back to Ontario from our Maritime tour. Considering Mount Washington is the main attraction in the central area, this high price to see the view seems a bit high. The locals we talked to said their wasn't much else to see in the area. With prices like that, they wont be attracting many tourists. Call me cheap, but it seemed like maybe 30 dollars would have been more in line.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2019, 11:17 PM   #2

Drive yourself.........car & driver $31
Adult passenger....................... $ 9

2-hour guided tour................... $36/round trip/per adult
3-hour guided tour................... $65/round trip/per adult

We drove (truck wheel base was 1/2" short of NOT being allowed)
Interesting drive to say the least.

https://mtwashingtonautoroad.com/rates
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:13 AM   #3

We had four adults in total. The total was $67 dollars US. Im sure that is near a days pay for lots of people. Pretty chunky for a view. We were at Acadia National Park in Maine, and the price there was only 30 dollars for a week pass. That was to see the whole park, and included driving to the top of the mountain there.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:35 AM   #4

Near me is 'Out of Africa'.....drive thru wild life park
$38.95/13 and up
$36.95/seniors 65 and up
That's pricey

$67---4 adults not so bad ($16.75/each)

Stay away from the 'amusement parks' in the USA (need to take out a personal loan)
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote