Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:04 AM   #1

Hi Everyone

Some of you may have noticed that I've been relatively absent from the Nor'Easters forum for several months but I'm hoping to get more involved again soon. 2004 was a tough year for Carol and I (especially )Carol. Carol was diagnosed with breast cancer in Oct. 04 so we have been very busy with doctor's visits and hospitals ever since but after several scary days Carol is finally on the mend. She starts radiation treatments next monday and the doctors say she has a 90% to 95% chance of a full recovery. I'm not sure how much camping we'll be doing in the spring and early summer but we should be good to go by late summer and fall.

We're still not sure what's happening with my job at this point but in the BIG picture losing a job doesn't even compare to what Carol has been going through.

Carol and I just want to put 2004 behind us and move on to better days in 2005. Hopefully we'll see you all at at least 2 rallys (if they have a summer and fall rally). See you there. Ken & Carol

1997 Blazer 202DC bass boat, (Mercury225hp ProMax)
Ken Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2005, 02:04 AM   #2

Hi Everyone

Some of you may have noticed that I've been relatively absent from the Nor'Easters forum for several months but I'm hoping to get more involved again soon. 2004 was a tough year for Carol and I (especially )Carol. Carol was diagnosed with breast cancer in Oct. 04 so we have been very busy with doctor's visits and hospitals ever since but after several scary days Carol is finally on the mend. She starts radiation treatments next monday and the doctors say she has a 90% to 95% chance of a full recovery. I'm not sure how much camping we'll be doing in the spring and early summer but we should be good to go by late summer and fall.

We're still not sure what's happening with my job at this point but in the BIG picture losing a job doesn't even compare to what Carol has been going through.

Carol and I just want to put 2004 behind us and move on to better days in 2005. Hopefully we'll see you all at at least 2 rallys (if they have a summer and fall rally). See you there. Ken & Carol

1997 Blazer 202DC bass boat, (Mercury225hp ProMax)
Ken Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:46 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Kenny and Carol,

Nothing but the best of wishes from both Colleen and I. Perhaps we'll see you at the National Rally in June.

Carol please get well soon.

We plan on being there.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:22 AM   #4
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi Ken & Carol,

We wish you both the best of luck, nice to hear from you, and we too are hopeing to get to camp with our friends come spring, Our rig has not moved since VT !!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #5

Ken

June and I wish you the very best. We know how hard it is when something like this strikes. You are in our prayers and will be looking to see you on your next get together with every one

2004 Adventurer 33V
macadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #6

I agree about putting 2004 behind us.Karen lost her brother in june and I lost mine in august.It was a trying time for all of us.Ken I got a feeling Carol is gonna conquer this ,no prob.The quite ones are always the strongest

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:05 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We hope all works out for you and Carol. Hope we see you camping.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:29 AM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Ken please tell Carol that we send our best thoughts her way to help her conquer this which I know she will. Let us know if there is more that we can do for you guys. 2004 sucked! I also lost my sister last year. I like the sound of 2005 much better.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:11 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lynda and I are thinking about both or you, please pass the word to Carol. If there is anything within our means we'll be there, don't hesitate. Your presence at a summer or fall rally is being counted on, we'll see you there.
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:40 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Our best to Carol. Tell her ot focus on the Spring rally, and to know all of this will be in the past by the time it comes!
I really missed your voice (and you guys) to get people's attention at game night, so counting on you both being there in the Spring.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:30 PM   #11

Jackie and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Trooper25D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:53 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Carol,

Sorry to hear about your illness. Jim & I know exactly what you're going through. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in August. Since then I've had surgery and am going through chemotherapy now. I've had 3 treatments already and have 5 more to go. I just go one day at a time and hopefully all will go well. The doctors are reassuring and tell me that I will be fine. It was not in the lymph nodes and the spots were very small. It's still very scary to me.

I probably won't be finished with my treatments and radiation until summer. But we plan to be at the Spring rally, God willing.

If you want to talk to someone my email address is MaryJo.Palmieri@Olympus.com.

Good luck to you and know that I'm adding you to my prayers, just as so many people have added me to theirs.

1995 Winnebago Vectra 35 RQ
Jpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:53 PM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Mary Jo..it's so good to hear from you. I'm really looking forward to the Spring rally, as I'm sure both you and Carol are. You both have had a really tough winter so far. Continued prayers for both of you!
Old 01-15-2005, 01:51 PM   #14

Nor'easters Club
Ken and Carol,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. We hope to see you at a Nor'Easter gathering soon.

Andrea and Brett
LuceGoose is offline   Reply With Quote