Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:24 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yo Bill, I wont go on a cruise because I know too much about ships and I just don't feel comfortable, that's why I own a land yacht. Do you think the Brooksville folks could handle another visit by me?

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2006, 12:17 PM   #16

Come on down Bud, the guys that had to take the heart pills is not coming back this year. Wife and I went on a cruise several years ago, I did not care for it. I think the FMCA rally at the airport in Brooksville is Feb 7-10 you might want to go over. I just go for the day. DRIVER will probably be there.
Vet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:03 PM   #17

I'm with you Frankie !!!!!!!
TTT1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:29 PM   #18

Nor'easters Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Yo Bill, I wont go on a cruise because I know too much about ships and I just don't feel comfortable,"

"Wife and I went on a cruise several years ago, I did not care for it." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geesh..thanks guys..make us feel really good about our trip. Hey, I'm just inviting anyone along..not looking to take a poll to see who likes to cruise. It's not for everyone..but for those who do like it, it's a great break in the price, and a perfect 8 day cruise, to really nice places. This is no destroyer, but a luxury cruise line, with tons and tons of great reviews, just refurbished this year.

This will be our second (Gil has been many many years ago when he was a kid)within 4 months, first was Norwegian, and this will be Holland America. I can't think of one bad thing about it. We had a ball, loved the food, the entertainment was outstanding, service was great, cleanliness was unbelievable, and we're told if we liked Norwegian, we will love Holland America.
So, if anyone who happens to like cruising is interested, PM me and I'll give you further info.
PS: If I could figure out how to get my camper to some of these out of the country places, as quickly and as inexpensively, I'd do it!
Old 10-31-2006, 06:28 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What's a yull log?

Is that a Trek thing ???

Or is it the Yule Log --
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:12 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Captain Bud:
Do you think the Brooksville folks could handle another visit by me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We'll be in Brooksville for the FMCA SE Rally in February. Yes there is a Sonny's not too far away.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:54 AM   #21

Doris, we went on Carnival in 94 during spring break. We left the room for a few min when we came back they had all our stuff in the hall, and was wall papering the room with no warning to us. I think you have picked a better chose, as everthing else its not for everyone. I always say not everybody likes green cars. Driver hope to see you and say hello in Brooksville. Let me know what area you will be in. Will the new Chassis be there? Bill
Vet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:40 AM   #22

Nor'easters Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vet Man:
Doris, we went on Carnival in 94 during spring break. We left the room for a few min when we came back they had all our stuff in the hall, and was wall papering the room with no warning to us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's pretty inexcusable. Holland America is known as a much more "sedate" cruise than Carnival. I wouldn't judge cruising by one cruise. You might want to retry with a different line. Also, I understand a lot has changed in 12 years. Spring break? Whatever were you thinking LOL?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #23

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We're in! We'll be cruising in warm Caribbean in January. Gil and George will be hiking to the top of some Mayan temple, Doris and I will be snorkeling with the tropical fish, what more could you ask for! Thanks Doris for doing all the research on this. We'll be dancing on the ship in our formalwear, basking poolside. Oh yeah it's going to be good. I'm not worrying about the ship, I'm sure I'll be in more danger in the car on my way to the airport. If they put my stuff out in the hall to paper the room, well it sounds like a free cruise to me!
Old 11-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #24

Nor'easters Club
Yippee..our first Nor'easter cruise!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #25

Nor'easters Club
Hi Everyone

WOW it looks like I am going to miss a great cruise.
The new boss has me running crazy at work these days.
Can't wait for our next outing.
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #26

Nor'easters Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jersey Bob:
Hi Everyone

WOW it looks like I am going to miss a great cruise.
The new boss has me running crazy at work these days.
Can't wait for our next outing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Bob, by January you'll need a break from that new boss. It would be great to have you join us! I hope you get some down time, and they don't run you ragged!
Old 11-05-2006, 05:36 AM   #27

Nor'easters Club
Hi Doris

I really wish I could join you guys,but Paige has to be at Childrens Hospital on January 2nd for her pre-op. Because the hospital is so far I am taking the week off and we are going to hang around the Boston area.
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 05:38 AM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jersey Bob:
Hi Doris

I really wish I could join you guys,but Paige has to be at Childrens Hospital on January 2nd for her pre-op. Because the hospital is so far I am taking the week off and we are going to hang around the Boston area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob,make sure you call us when your here!

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote