Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #1
vi7

So, How do I get started looking (for a dealership(??)) to buy - NJ

So, can anyone recommend a dealership within an hour or two from central NJ?

from private sellers i can't find much . not on ebay at least,
should i be checking other sites ?

I went to Camping world, and Scott's coach RV in Lakewood, but they had nothing to show me inside of my budget (30K) and only 1-2 things within 40K
vi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2014, 08:40 AM   #2

I am not in your area, but I would use some search tools, like Yelp, Google Reviews, Angie's List etc to read up on some ratings of local dealerships. Also there is a website called RV TRADER RVs For Sale On RV Trader- New and Used Fleetwood,Airstream,Winnebago,Keystone,Forest River,Newmar RVs and More-RVTrader.com that I found some good listings on. It's very similar to Auto Trader, if you're familiar with that.

Good luck! Hope this helps!
unhipdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
vi7

thanks .

i did not find any reviews on yelp or google for nj rv dealers. so i asked here.
vi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:56 AM   #4

I purchased my RV from Colonial RV in Lakewood, NJ.

I purchased it new, sight unseen and via the internet. I was pleased with the transaction and wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again.

That saying.. I have never gone back to them for service and have no idea how they are "after-the-sale" in that respect. I live in Wisconsin and they were very pleasant to deal with, and I found them to be honest and straight forward in all my dealings with them.

You didn't mention what type of RV you are looking for, not sure if they have/sell what you are looking for.

Good Luck !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Go to RVTrader.com
hydro45640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #6

Coastal Campers
There are two large dealers in Williamstown, NJ - Hitch RV and White Horse RV - pretty much right down the street from each other. Both usually have good inventories of new and used units. We bought our first trailer used from Hitch, and they were a pleasure to deal with. Not too far from Williamstown is Crossroads Trailers in Newfield, NJ who also stocks a nice inventory. We traded our first trailer for a larger, newer used one at Crossroads, and they also were a pleasure to work with. All three dealers have pretty extensive web sites.

Then you can always try craigslist ......
WiliWali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Garrick RV in Oak Ridge Garick RV - New Jersey RV Sales, NJ Motor Homes Sales, PA RV Sales
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #8

We went to Boat N RV. They have locations in SC, PA & NY. Stay away. Stay! Away!
johnrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #9

not happy with Scott's RV in Lakewood
Old 05-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #10
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Try Media Camping in Fairless Hills Pa. a little south of Yardley Its 50min from the Toms River area just across the Delaware River. Its a bare bones operation not a fancy big showroom or big name liike Campimg World. But they do great deals. Ask for Wayne Deegan he is the gen manager tell him Warren from Whiting NJ referred you. There are 2 Media Camping locations the one in Fairless Hills is the one you want phone # 1 877 G0 CAMPING. Good luck!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
We went to Keystone RV Center
Keystone RV Center PA RV Dealer | Jayco, Flagstaff, Coachmen, Sunseeker New and Used Campers

Saw them and ordered at the Hershey Show
Huge inventory worth the drive

Jason
2013 F350 SB,CC Lariat Ruby Red,3.73Gears,5Star Tuned,,Line-X Bed,Extang Platinum Cover,Airlift LoadLifter 5000 Bags,Airlift Wireless Air controller,Reese Signature Series Fifth Wheel Rail Kit,B&W Fifth Wheel Hitch,2014 Flagstaff 8528BHWS
thetiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:38 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
So, How do I get started looking (for a dealership(??)) to buy - NJ

I purchased my Rv from Colonial in NJ and my entire ordeal was a mess. Th Rv was not cleaned or prepared to go when I was to take it off the lot. The person showing us through the RV had very little experience in giving details about how to do certain things. The RV general manager was not truthfull with us about the condition and it was new. We bought it sight unseen. We did not know that it sat in the Hurricane for 10 days as their dealership is near the coast (10 miles). The wind and rain for the entire 10 days blew onto the RV. As I inspected more there was rust in places that should have never happened. The regional director fixed some of the things but I have had nothing but problems with the RV and of course the rust will never disappear even though it is not in a coastal or rainy area ever. I do not live in the NJ area and know nothing about their service department but if it is run anything like their sales department I would not use them. My advice is to stay away and find another place to do business.
mackspot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:27 AM   #13

I also would recommend Garick RV in Oakland NJ. Our salesman was knowlegable, helpful (pre and post sale), and was the only dealer that told me my ram 1500 wasn't enough truck for the TV weights I was looking at. I knew i needed a bigger truck before looking for the TV thanks to this forum. All the staff I interacted with were friendly and helpful. When I had a single service issue they quickly took care of it. A huge selection of jayco, Newmar, and a bunch of others.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackspot1 View Post
I purchased my Rv from Colonial in NJ and my entire ordeal was a mess. Th Rv was not cleaned or prepared to go when I was to take it off the lot. The person showing us through the RV had very little experience in giving details about how to do certain things. The RV general manager was not truthfull with us about the condition and it was new. We bought it sight unseen. We did not know that it sat in the Hurricane for 10 days as their dealership is near the coast (10 miles). The wind and rain for the entire 10 days blew onto the RV. As I inspected more there was rust in places that should have never happened. The regional director fixed some of the things but I have had nothing but problems with the RV and of course the rust will never disappear even though it is not in a coastal or rainy area ever. I do not live in the NJ area and know nothing about their service department but if it is run anything like their sales department I would not use them. My advice is to stay away and find another place to do business.
If you purchased this after Sandy you might have a case against the dealer for not reporting as being damaged by the storm. If you're seeing a lot of rust that seems evident of salt water and what you are seeing shouldn't bother you as much as what you're not. Everything electrical will soon start to fail and for sure at a time when it's least able to be repaired.

From what you're saying you need to get in touch with the state attorney general and report this as undisclosed storm damage as soon as possible. If they don't do anything, contact an attorney!
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer