Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Northeast Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:20 AM   #15
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Bill,
So sorry to hear about Nancy haveing more health problems, hope things get better soon, and she can move about without the walker, and no pain!

Hey Doris,
I am not 100% sure but most likely I will come to the Cape May Buffet. However I also have other friends from NJ down here and have been doing stuff with them! Also as far as you and Gil comming up this way. I just wanted to let you know the campground resturant has all you can eat pasta on Wed & fish on Fri.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #16

Al, what is the name and address of the campground you are at.
Vet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #17
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Bill,
I am at www.wildernessrvparkestates.com It is at 10317 E. Hwy 40 Silver Springs,FL 34488. MikeT & Mo left yesterday to work the Tampa RV Show. Marty & Joan are here till I believe the first week of Feb. If anyone is thinking of visiting please call or e-mail since I have friends from NJ also down in the area & I am out visiting often! Also tomorrow (Mon) I am going down to visit Mike, Lynda and others at Southern Oaks!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:49 PM   #18

Nor'easters Club
We'll be leaving on the 27th. Al, Lynda and Mike, Mike and Mo, Marty and Joan, Bill and Nancy and anyone else down in Florida..do we want to set a date to eat at Cape May at the Beach Club (we'll need reservations) and at Al, Mike, Mo's, Marty and Joans campground, or just the campground, or a restaurant in teh middle? We'll be in the Orlando area through the morning of the 3rd. Let me know so I can plan my other Disney reservations. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:53 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How about something in the middle, maybe the Italian restaurant on RT. 50 that Bill (Vet Man) set up a couple of years ago?
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:57 AM   #20

Doris, I agree with Mike. I like the buffet but to far to travel for dinner. Somewhere in the middle would be better for us, as Nancy has Therphy nearly everday.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #21

Nor'easters Club
Someone set it up and we'll be there. We'll also be hoping to visit and check out Mike, Marty and Al's digs! Is this middle point anywhere near them?
I suggested the buffet because we all enjoyed it so much last time, and I figured we could go to the fireworks afgterwards..but makes no difference to me, we'll go there ourselves another evening. I have no sense of how far everyone is from Orlando.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #22

Doris, we are about 2 hrs from Dizzzzy Land. Al is less then an Hr from me North I believe. The Italian Resturat that Mike is taking about was the one you went to on rt 50 between Brooksville and rt50. Pappa Joe's. Will it work for you and what day?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #23

Nor'easters Club
We'd like to see Mike, Marty and Al's digs..is that sort of in the middle for everyone else? Is there a restaurant in that area that would be good? Looks like both Brookville and Silver Springs would be about and hour and 45 minutes from Disney @ 3 1/2 hour round trip (but only 77 miles from each other)..so it's not a trip I'd like to make just for dinner, (I didn't realize it was so far for all of you) but I'd like to visit for awhile beforehand so we are spreading out the trip. If that's not possible, then maybe we can meet a little more in the middle from all three place (maybe near the Villages (close to Dot and Kevin) would be good if we meet if we don't come up to Silver Springs to visit. Just like you guys, we wouldn't want to go all that ways for diner and them turn around and drive back.

Mike and Lynda..where are you guys in reference to everyone else?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Doris, We're in North Fort Myers!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #25

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally posted by DriVer:
Hey there! Dick and Jean (camped with out group a long time ago) are heading there 1st week in February..we might go down and visit them from Tampa with other friends (Dotti and Gene..I think you met them on another FL visit). Where are you there? How long will you be there? Maybe they'll be at the same campground. Would love to see you guys.
Hey, we're planning on visiting Bob the piano player this visit..you coming up!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #26

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Doris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
Hey there! Dick and Jean (camped with out group a long time ago) are heading there 1st week in February..we might go down and visit them from Tampa with other friends (Dotti and Gene..I think you met them on another FL visit). Where are you there? How long will you be there? Maybe they'll be at the same campground. Would love to see you guys.
Hey, we're planning on visiting Bob the piano player this visit..you coming up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-23-2009, 07:41 AM   #27

Nor'easters Club
After a 35 minute wait on hold, we have reservations for nine on the 29th at 5:30, at Cape May. She had to put us at two tables next to each other, but said once we are there, there are often open places they don't give to reservations and just ask for one table. She can't promise it, but I know in the past we have been able to.

We can decide after dinner (I know you guys still have a drive ahead of you) if we want to go over to Port Orleans and watch the comedian (no charge, they do offer 'refreshments') Bob. He's quite a hoot.

Anyone driving down earlier, and not spending time in the parks, there are lots of great resorts to visit and relax in, and just chat (Animla Kingdom is my favorite and you can sit on and relax and watch the animals (as in the real animals, not the people).

Looking forward to seeing you guys, and we still plan on coming up to visit your digs. We could go out locally to you, or whatever you guys want to do.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally posted by Doris:
[Where are you there? How long will you be there? Maybe they'll be at the same campground. Would love to see you guys.
Doris, We are currently staying in the Upriver Campground in North Fort Myers. We will be here until Monday morning. I am working at the moment at the Lee County Civic Center. The show is over on Sunday afternoon.

When we leave here we're going up to Mike & Mo's campground in Crystal River and we'll be there all next week. Al is there now.

After that we are going to Brooksville for the FMCA rally during the first week of February. We'll be home we expect sometime around mid-February after we go and vist Bud & Ruthie on the way home.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote