Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region > Florida Cooters
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #1

Just checking to see if anyone has ideas for this weekend? Hasn't been much talking lately.

2004 Infinity 36A
Kissimmee Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #2

Just checking to see if anyone has ideas for this weekend? Hasn't been much talking lately.

2004 Infinity 36A
Old 07-17-2007, 05:48 PM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
We are here, still working ALL year.

Jim
Jim&MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:47 AM   #4

We just returned from 2 weeks out. This weekend could be a pos ability Let us know where you are thinking about. Pretty hot out right now so shade would be nice.

The Captain

2006 Permobil Wheelchair
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Yeah, we're out there....way out there. Got into New Brunswick yesterday. Staying for a couple of nights in St. Martins. Then on to Fundy National Park for the weekend before heading to Nova Scotia.

Jo Ann's surgery has been rescheduled for early September so we took off last Wednesday afternoon. Bought four pounds of fudge in Meadows of Dan in VA on the way up, just to keep our energy level up.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
We are going out this weekend. We will be staying at the Lake Harrison/Fishermans Cove RV Park, near Tavares. Here's their site:

Lake Harrison/Fisherman's Cove

We will arrive this Friday, the 20th and head back home on Monday the 23rd. Other than a competition that I have to attend on Saturday morning, we plan on just relaxing. We are planning a trip Saturday night to the Irish Pub in Tavares for dinner.

Everyone is invited to join us.

Note: unfortunately there is not a lot of shade at this park. But they do have a swimmin' pool!!!
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:12 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
We are here....just got home yesterday from Homosassa Springs. My brother came down for a few days and we went out and did a couple of days of scalloping in the Gulf. Allot of work. I do not think I would want to make a living at it. We were limited to two 5-gallon buckets per boat for the day. After shelling the bucket, the yeild was about 1.5 quarts.

Two days of that, I was ready to just relax for the remainder of the week.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:59 PM   #8

Hi We spent the weekend at Lion Country Safari with the grandkids -- sure was hot!! We are leaving 7/31 heading to Augusta, GA for a week, then Chattanooga for a few days, then up to Land between the Lakes on the Kentucky/Tennessee border. We are then headed to Fries, VA to visit with friends we haven't seen in 20 years. We are also scheduled to go to Freightliner Camp in Gaffney, SC where we will spend two days learnin' about our chasis. Will be back to the Sunshine state by August 31.
Newgma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #9

Now that's the kind of chatter I like from the Boomers. We just got back from Pennsylvania and haven't had a chance to plan our next outing. Thanks for all the sugestions and updates and let's keep in contact.

2004 Infinity 36A
Old 07-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
WE are still alive too! WE got back last night from a two wk trip to Crossiville, TN. It is our "home park" for Coast to CVoast and we were never there so we decided to go. We fell in love with Tenn. This area is the fastest growing area.We even looked at Prop and may buy some land there to hold for awhile. Our nights were 65 degrees and 80 in the day. Crossville actually has four seasons and get some snow in the winter. People were very friendly. There were so many people from Florida already living there. Hope to see all of you sometime before the end of the year.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:36 AM   #11

Well seems that there are a few of us back and ready to go for the weekend Meeting up with Dave & JoAnn (Half Dimes) might be a challenge, but there are still some great places in Florida to explore or even southern Georgia (4 day weekend of course). Any

The Captain

2006 Permobil Wheelchair
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:49 AM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

Greetings to my new "Boomer" friends...

I'm posting from the iRV2 National in Branson where I've enjoyed meeting old friends,making new friends and even seeing some of the shows.
My kids and I were in Gillette,WY for the Newmar International and saw all the sights there as well...First time for ALL of us.

I'd planned to head south from here, but a faulty "brain" that powers everything DC operated in the coach will necessitate yet another trip to Nappanee this weekend after the Rally ends...

My brother is keeping an eye on my lot there in Juno, he sent me a pic the other day entitled "Where's Bob"....Gotta love the guy!!

I'm looking forward to getting back to Florida one of these days!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #13

Linda is now doing good since her knee surgery July 11, 2007. Doctor said it will take about 4 to 6 weeks for total recovery. We are now leaving August 18 for two nights at St. Augustine Beach, than to nights in Savannah GA, than August 22, 23 & 24 at Stone Mountain GA, than TN, NJ, IL and back to FL, or if everything is OK, maybe Dewey AZ, than back to FL. Joe & Linda Jayne - The Coach
the coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #14

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We just got our website for this year going. It can be found at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~halfdimes/2007/

By the way, it's 61 degrees here at St. Martin tonight. Long sleeve and jeans weather. Love it!