Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region > Pond Piggies
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:02 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We're having our 3rd annual Cook Forest Campout at the Ridge Campground in Cooksburg, PA. All are invited! Arriving on Friday, July 18, 2008, the Slifka Family will be on site 145 and the Miklas Fmily will be on site 147, departing on Sunday July 27, 2008.

All are invited and encouraged to come and join.

The campout starts on Friday, July 18, 2008 (you can come when you want)
The campout ends on Sunday, July 27, 2008 (you can leave when you want)
The campout is scheduled for 9 days (you come as long as you want)
It will be held in Cook Forest State Park, Cooksburg, PA, in the Ridge Campround. Here is a campground site map to check things out. This is a link to check site availability and to make online reservations.

-Food, you need only provide food for yourself and those travelling with you. If there is enough interest, we may do a buffet style supper and a pot luck stew.
-Firewood, while it would be nice for everyone to contribute firewood to the community campfire, we need to be careful to obey the restrictions that the DCNR has placed on importation of firewood.

-Family Fun!
-Relaxation!
-Campfire every night!
-Musical instruments , bring 'em!
-Hike the trails with trail guides Jim and George (bring your own trekking poles and hiking boots).
-Kayak or Tube down the Clarion River with river guides Jim and George (bring your own watercraft).
-Fish with George and Jim (PA fishing license required for adults 16 years old and older, bring your own tackle and bait).
-There are also sporting goods stores nearby that carry river tubes and fishing tackle (we know the area and will help you find what you need).
-Bicycling, we recommend bicycling only within the campground for children, but there is an opportunity for a 3 mile ride for teens and adults on an improved fire road which leads to the fire tower look out.

Hope all of this sounds like fun to you! And we hope to see you there. If you make reservations, please post your site number.

George

------------UPDATE Feb 17----------------------

Here is a list of additional attendees who have recently made their site reservations since the original posting:

Woodburner, site 47 (pet loop), arriving on Friday July 18, departing on Tuesday July 22

Joe-K, site 126, arriving on Friday July 18, departing on Sunday July 20

------------UPDATE March 28--------------------
Dave & Mary Slifka + 4 kids), site #130, arriving on Wednesday July 23, and departing Sunday, July 27.

themanfromvan (Dave from Van, PA), site 116, no dates known yet.
------------UPDATE June 13---------------------
Baby Bear, Site 81, arriving on Friday, July 18, departing Sunday, July 20.

George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We're having our 3rd annual Cook Forest Campout at the Ridge Campground in Cooksburg, PA. All are invited! Arriving on Friday, July 18, 2008, the Slifka Family will be on site 145 and the Miklas Fmily will be on site 147, departing on Sunday July 27, 2008.

All are invited and encouraged to come and join.

The campout starts on Friday, July 18, 2008 (you can come when you want)
The campout ends on Sunday, July 27, 2008 (you can leave when you want)
The campout is scheduled for 9 days (you come as long as you want)
It will be held in Cook Forest State Park, Cooksburg, PA, in the Ridge Campround. Here is a campground site map to check things out. This is a link to check site availability and to make online reservations.

-Food, you need only provide food for yourself and those travelling with you. If there is enough interest, we may do a buffet style supper and a pot luck stew.
-Firewood, while it would be nice for everyone to contribute firewood to the community campfire, we need to be careful to obey the restrictions that the DCNR has placed on importation of firewood.

-Family Fun!
-Relaxation!
-Campfire every night!
-Musical instruments , bring 'em!
-Hike the trails with trail guides Jim and George (bring your own trekking poles and hiking boots).
-Kayak or Tube down the Clarion River with river guides Jim and George (bring your own watercraft).
-Fish with George and Jim (PA fishing license required for adults 16 years old and older, bring your own tackle and bait).
-There are also sporting goods stores nearby that carry river tubes and fishing tackle (we know the area and will help you find what you need).
-Bicycling, we recommend bicycling only within the campground for children, but there is an opportunity for a 3 mile ride for teens and adults on an improved fire road which leads to the fire tower look out.

Hope all of this sounds like fun to you! And we hope to see you there. If you make reservations, please post your site number.

George

------------UPDATE Feb 17----------------------

Here is a list of additional attendees who have recently made their site reservations since the original posting:

Woodburner, site 47 (pet loop), arriving on Friday July 18, departing on Tuesday July 22

Joe-K, site 126, arriving on Friday July 18, departing on Sunday July 20

------------UPDATE March 28--------------------
Dave & Mary Slifka + 4 kids), site #130, arriving on Wednesday July 23, and departing Sunday, July 27.

themanfromvan (Dave from Van, PA), site 116, no dates known yet.
------------UPDATE June 13---------------------
Baby Bear, Site 81, arriving on Friday, July 18, departing Sunday, July 20.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
There ya go George, now folks can post directly here as it is linked to the MidAtlantic Area.
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:15 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
The loop that we are in had 50amp electrical service put in 2 years ago. Most of the sites in that loop are nice, level and big with fine gravel pads, new picnic tables and lantern poles. Here is a link to pictures from last year another link to earlier years. As George mentioned there are many things to keep ya busy for a week. **Note** Clear Creek State Park will be closed this summer (08')to install a new showerhouse and bathroom. Usually we go there for our 2nd week. So instead we will try a new place that someone recommended as being off the beaten path and very laided back (Ole Bull State Park.)
~07' pictures http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=743

~05'-06' pictures http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=536
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Might be joining ya's! Got to get confirmation from work but I think we'll be fine! I'll make reservations as soon as we know. Is the area fullhookup? or just electric?

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Woodburner,

That is great! The loop we're in has electric only, but water is a relatively short distance. Due to the extended stay, I will have 150' of white hose, and a blue tote to share.

George
Old 02-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All right then.... we will join yas from afar! We have to use the pet section and luckily I was able to get one I think we'll be ok in. We'll be on site# 47. Really looking forward to this! We'll arrive Friday the 18th and leave Tuesday the 22nd.

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Old 02-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
By the way; this photo sold us on joining you....I knew we couldn't miss this!

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Old 02-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Slif, didn't I pay you to delete that photo? This is extortion!

btw....bring your guitar and we'll do some pickin' and some grinnin'
Old 02-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
ya, but the check bounced......So up the picture went..... Woodburner cut me a good check. Now for an extra $$$ I won't post that picture of you in my inflatable kayak. What is it worth to ya ????
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I paid extortion money on the other photo? Oh no! Didn't I pay you to delete them both?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Superslif:
ya, but the check bounced......So up the picture went..... Woodburner cut me a good check. Now for an extra $$$ I won't post that picture of you in my inflatable kayak. What is it worth to ya ???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-10-2008, 03:52 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was gonna Photoshop George and do a wanted poster but thought better of it....or did I?

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Old 02-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
The fact that you said it, probably means that someone else is already doing it.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woodburner:
I was gonna Photoshop George and do a wanted poster but thought better of it....or did I? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Good thing this post came up again as we forgot about it.

We're thinking about making the trip to join you guys. I looked at the site descriptions for a couple sites. Looks like 146 and 148 are both 55' sites partially shaded. Are you guys familiar with them. Think we'd have any issues fitting on either of them? Length I think is fine but I thought those partially shadded ones might be better than some of the others listed as full shade since there could be lots of trees.