Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region > Pond Piggies
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #1
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Enough with the rain already!

It's raining...AGAIN 19th day in a row & the forecast for the next week doesn't indicate any respite from it.

Maybe I need to trade the Bounder in for an ark.

L-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	98773   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	98774  

NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
So that's where all the rain is coming from!

Ohio is sending over here to the Pittsburgh area!

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
Pity you can't send it to AZ and CA.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:50 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well climat change.. This may sound strange but all this rain is evidence of global warming.. As the globe warms more and more water evaporates into the sky during the heat of the day.. Since the lakes and streams are warmer it takes less to saturate the sky above.. Then temps drop a few degrees as the day cools and SPLOOSH, It is coming down by the bucket full.

I wish I could explain in greater detail but this is tangential to my area of study.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:41 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I almost thought the rain sensor wasn't going to break the 10" mark for the month. At 8PM the sun was out, it's the last day of the month & the total was reading only 9.7". Half an hour later a thunderstorm appeared out of nowhere & it's been on/off rain for the past 2 hours. The month total now reads 10.36" Ok, it hit double digits...it can stop now.

Lori-
Old 06-30-2015, 09:44 PM   #6

Its our fault! I'm so sorry. I apologize.

We left Kentucky first week of May and it rained right behind us. We arrived in Louisiana and when we left it rained there also. We arrived in Texas and when we left...well you all know what happened to Houston and other cities in Texas right?. Then we arrived in Arizona and when we left Phoenix got rain. We are now in Northern Nevada and by golly we just got a severe storm warning and lost Dish Network signal! Starting tomorrow the good people in California will get rain starting near San Francisco and then down to LA. I garentee it!. But you will need to wait for us to leave before it gets there. 62 days on the road and we haven't had to use the windshield wipers yet! BUT everyone behind us do! That black cloud is just following us.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Washed both cars Tuesday evening because the TV weather people said there was a very very slight chance of any more rain Tuesday night. Got up to go to work at 11 pm and low and behold it was raining. Came home from work Wed. morning and more rain.

Got back from two weeks in SE & SW Ohio. We got rain, but just short periods that dried up after a hour or two. Most of the bad stuff was heading thru Columbus and Cleveland. We will be heading to Mohican SP in NE Ohio in a week or so. Hope the river there is down by then.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We sure could use that rain here on the west coast nothing but dry dry dry and the lakes are shrinking fast and I'm sure the fireworks will start lots of fires this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:27 AM   #9

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Good thing we didn't build the house THIS year...

Several times we have not been able to measure the amount of rain we received because the rain gauge OVERFLOWED.

We recently spent 11 days at the Home Base hoping to get some landscaping done, but were only able to work outside for three of them. At a chainsaw carving festival (which we attended in the rain), we purchased a cute squirrel that's inquisitively looking up from the base of a tree at an overhanging branch holding a hanging solar lantern. It's still sitting in the laundry room because I can't prepare the ground outside for it to sit on due to the continuous rain.

In the eleven days, only one provided me with enough time to start burning the dead wood that we've accumulated so far in cleaning up the property from the wrath of construction and what fell naturally over the course of time.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #10

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Its our fault! I'm so sorry. I apologize.

We left Kentucky first week of May and it rained right behind us. We arrived in Louisiana and when we left it rained there also. We arrived in Texas and when we left...well you all know what happened to Houston and other cities in Texas right?. Then we arrived in Arizona and when we left Phoenix got rain. We are now in Northern Nevada and by golly we just got a severe storm warning and lost Dish Network signal! Starting tomorrow the good people in California will get rain starting near San Francisco and then down to LA. I garentee it!. But you will need to wait for us to leave before it gets there. 62 days on the road and we haven't had to use the windshield wipers yet! BUT everyone behind us do! That black cloud is just following us.
I have a huge favor to ask. Just keep traveling back and forth between AZ and SoCal so we can repeated rains as you leave each time.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
OK Frank now you have a window to get out and work on the new property. Myself, been working on the yard getting it back in shape.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #12

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Yeah, Jim. It looks good on paper (or the weather map in this case), but in actuality, it's a different story. We had a wedding to attend on Fourth of July so that day was shot. Yesterday, we loaded the truck and arrived here last evening and it's been threatening and teasing (just enough rain to make the ground wet) all day today. I let Purrscilla outside and momentarily went back in the cellar get something. When I opened the door between the cellar and garage, she was waiting to run into the cellar to hide. I understood her action when I went back outside and heard the thunder off in the distance.

Now it's getting dark again and the cat just slinked into the bedroom to hide under the bed until what ever's coming passes through.

Another wet day.... Tomorrow doesn't look good either.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:43 AM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
It all appears to be generating as well as going south & mostly east of us. We've got chance of rain every day this week, but when it does, it seems to pop up in SE OH over towards WV/PA tri-area. That means Frank & Chris are in the target zone.

Lori-
Old 07-07-2015, 09:28 PM   #14

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Close, but no cigar!

The sun actually came out this morning and we were able to do some work outside. I found a suitable rock to set the squirrel chainsaw carving on that we bought almost a month ago. It had been sitting in the laundry room all this time waiting for a dry day. After dinner, we went outside to continue working, but a sudden downpour ended our day around 7:30 PM. We got a good soaking as we put all our tools away. Some, I threw in the back of the truck as it was quicker than dragging them around to the garage.

We're supposed to be back in rain mode again tomorrow.