Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region > Pond Piggies
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Bill's isn't the flame one, John. His is only a measley 40-footer.

I met Bill when he had his 1st Showhauler. They're pretty impressive pulling into a campground & turn heads, that's for sure.

Jim - Any update on when yours is due?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #16

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Yep it's home! We picked it up on Saturday. Spent Sunday starting to fill the storage bays. I had put all of the stuff I had in the Vectra in bins and now I am trying to sift through it all to see what I really want bring and what was junk. The cool thing ShowHauler did on this rig is to make all of the storage bays on the passenger side open storage. Super convenient. Installed the dirt devil vac last night, cant live without that thing. Just need to get an EMS installed and go camping!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Dang, that was fast, Bill! Congrats! You gonna be ready for the April campout? I don't know when we'll see you next with the gas prices the way they are going. We've got our rallies set on the calendar, but other than that, not much scheduled. I'm trying to keep to OH or maybe KY/PA for the most part. for weekends Maybe see if you can swing the half-off weekend in June at WH.

L-
Old 03-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #18

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Ready for April campany? I'm ready now! Always love WH.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Was told 3 weeks ago mine new tt was scheduled to be completed this Friday. I'll get in contact with my dealer Thursday for an update. cant's wait...Our luck the weather will turn once Easter week hits.....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
It HAS snowed on Easter before. But we're not gonna think that way. Spring is here to stay!

Lori-
Old 03-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Shame on you Lori for even thinking S _ O _

In today's Cleveland paper it is official.

This has been the mildest winter in 141 years of weather recording.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The winter that wasn't will go down as the warmest on record.
Looking back over a wimpy winter season, we can say that no one has ever experienced a warm winter like 2011-12 in Northeast Ohio.
The average high temperature this winter was 44.5 degrees, displacing the winter of 1982-83 (43.9) and nearly eight degrees higher than average, according a Plain Dealer analysis of 141 years of temperature data kept by the National Weather Service.
No wonder -- we had 23 days between Dec. 22 through March 19 when the temperature reached at least 50 degrees.
The mild winter has been the talk of the nation, of course. All but one state, New Mexico, had temperatures this winter above its respective long-term 20th century average.
But the non-winter of 2011-12 in Northeast Ohio was not only about warm days, but very few cold ones. Our average low temperature of 30.3 degrees was also the highest on record. More telling was that we had more days above freezing last winter (74) than any previous winter.

In two words: jet stream. In a few more: La Nina year combined with and a push from the North Atlantic Oscillation has left the jet stream far north of much of the country, allowing warm air from the Gulf of Mexico to push far enough north to keep the winter warmer. And lately, the string of 70-degree days has been a product of a stubborn high-pressure system stuck over the eastern third of the continental United States.
Northeast Ohio basking in a record-shattering streak of seven straight, sensational days at 70 degrees or higher. Tuesday's 82-degree high broke the previous record of 76 set in 1995, the third day out of the last four in which we've broken or tied a record for March.
And we could eclipse 80 again today, the first full day of spring.
That ridge of pressure should finally become unstuck over the next several days, said Dennis Bray of the National Weather Service station at Cleveland Hopkins Airport.
"We're finally going to be a little cooler this weekend, in the 60s, but that's still well above normal even if its not the 80s," Bray said.
But there's no real cold snap in the long-range forecast, he said.
"The NOAA three-month forecast says above normal temperatures," he said. "But even though I can safely say 'No lake-effect snow this week,' we've had snow in Cleveland into May, so don't get too comfortable."
While the 32.7 inches of snow through the last full day of winter this year is one of the lowest totals on record, it is not too different from 1982-83 when Cleveland had only 31.4 inches at the official end of the winter season.
And then we got another 16.5 inches of spring snow.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote