Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region > Pond Piggies
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor

My RV Shrank!

Michelle & I have been thinking about down sizing the RV for most of the summer, not to serious in the beginning, but you know what happens as that snowball heads down hill.

For me, I was looking for something that I no longer had to plan out travel directions to ensure we could fit. And as some of you know I do a very poor job of that as well as following directions and find myself freaked out because I am on some crazy back road or 2 ton bridge.

Also since the kids are beginning to abandon many of our weekend trips some we may feel OK to leave them at home on and others not (Kaileigh cannot say no to friends who want to invite the world over for a big party) So instead of missing the whole weekend, maybe we can do a day trip or run out for just one night.

Anyway we picked a 2011 Itasca Cambria 30C Friday, drove it around Saturday and had a blast! It has 3 slides so for a smaller RV it has a ton of room. We love the interior, they really did a nice job with this line of C's. Now I have all winter to install all of those RV upgrades I have planned

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
WOW

Bill; That is one beautiful rig and I just noticed that there is not the huge overhang over the windshield that obstructs the view as in the former C designs. Great move and enjoy the extra freedom. Did you trade in the Vectra?
Tony
Freightliner Chassis, Cummins engine, FMCA #408511
figallegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
The Vectra instructions said to air dry, not put in the dryer! See what happens when you don't read the instructions?

Wow, Bill, you are just full of surprises. I guess I also didn't know you replaced the tarp RV garage with a real one. I must've been under a rock.

That's a cute Class C. Congratulations! Love the "Buckeye" colors. Did you chose that one to coordinate with your RV garage & roof colors? Did you get the Rest Easy sofa so you have foot rests? I like that option in Winnies, wish FW would have that option. With Dave's sister & family moved to MD, we don't have them joining us anymore so I've toyed with the idea of getting rid of the hid-a-bed sofa & putting in 2 nice La-Z-Boy recliners in its place.

Have fun tinkering with it over the winter. I look forward to a tour come Memorial Day.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #4

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Yeah Tony we traded the Vectra. It took a while, but the numbers finally ended up where I wanted them.

Hey Lori, yeah I am always looking to keep RV'ing interesting. One of the few things it did not have that I wanted was the rest easy. Hopefully we wont have to pull out the air bed that often. Were not putting it away until the snow fly's, that is what I like about it.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #5

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Thumbs up Cool Beans

Looks good, Bill. Nice color scheme. Best O' luck with it. Unfortunately, I guess I won't get to see it until sometime next year.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Nice exterior colors.....You have any inside pix's ? U Pond Piggies you never know what to expect.....Well it was Joe 2 years ago, Mike last year, George and Bill this year.....Mike is the one that caught me for a loop......(5er)...

Bill I was meaning to give you another mtn. biking area to check out. Findley State Park opened a 8 mile mtn. bike loop about 3 or 4 years ago. With improvements being done over the last two seasons it is starting to take shape. It is relatively a flat trail with some very interesting challenges. One they call the roller coaster which involves using a ravine and dropping a number of times in and out of it. Another is the teeter-tooder. Over two weekends in Oct my son and me did 3 laps. The only issue is during the wet season it stays wet and muddy. There are small group of riders that maintain and improve the trail called "The Northcoast Riders". With the leaves falling they were blowing off the leaves every few days......There might be some elevation gains of 20-40 feet, and to make it interesting the layout incorporates a lot of twisting trails. Here are some pix's Findley State park mtn. bike trail

Here is a link to the mtn bike map. They call it Thorn Mountain trail
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #7

Bill, Just returned from a trip to GA and saw 3 of them traveling in the opposite direction . They looked really nice , so I looked up the Cambria on the net. You have a great layout and a super looking RV. Trying to sell our A to get back into a C. Sure could handle one like that. Good luck. John H...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Nice, real nice. Jodi and I are absolutely pleased after having downsized this year. When the time comes for us to move back into a motorhome, it will be a class B or C for the convenience of maneuvering and site availability.

Did you get the V-10 gasser or V-8 diesel? What leveling system did -W- put on this one? Are the sidewalls thick fiberglass, or filon-over-luan?

gm
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
.....You have any inside pix's ?..
Yeah, photos please!

You have 2 pooches now, ya gotta spot for them?

Lori-
Old 11-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Since Bill bought it at a dealer close to me, I made him bring it over so I could check it out. He chose the "not so RV friendly" route to get to our house and he said it was great. So now I guess he can zip anywhere he wants to with it.
Winnebago did a very nice job on the interior and the full body paint adds alot to the looks.
I'm sure he will be very happy with it.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISLAPP View Post
.. So now I guess he can zip anywhere he wants to with it.
Hey Bill, now's your chance to go over that bridge coming in the north side of West Branch (off Rt 5)

Lori-
Old 11-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Bill, now's your chance to go over that bridge coming in the north side of West Branch (off Rt 5)
I don't think I would go over that bridge with Bill's new rig. I just don't know??? I don't know how low he sits...That bridge is in such bad shape, I can't believe they don't condemn the thing. The chuck holes you can see the under laying re-bar....
Old 11-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
...That bridge is in such bad shape, I can't believe they don't condemn the thing.....
Probably not enough traffic to warrant. There aren't any signs on Rt 5 sending people that way to get to WB, are there?

Bill,

How's this one compare, size-wise, to either of your previous Showhaulers?

Lori-
Old 11-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Actually, the railroad owns the bridge, and from what I hear is if the bridge is taken out or closed no replacement will be built. The road will be closed from that side.. And for campers coming from the north it's about 5-6 miles farther if the bridge is closed. I'm surprised the state or railroad didn't apply for Federal $$$ they had handed out the last 18 months.