Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region > Pond Piggies
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Here is the Clear Creek notice about construction this year.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A major construction project is expected to begin this summer at Clear Creek State Park in Jefferson County.

Upgrades will include a modern restroom building with showers and flush facilities in the campground, two modern comfort stations in the cabin area and extensive upgrades to the park's aging water and sewage systems.

The rustic cabins, yurts, family campground and canoe launch will be open to the public from April 11 to June 13, then will remain closed for the duration of construction.

Reservations may be made starting Tuesday by calling 1-888-727-2757 or by going online at www.VisitPAparks.com. During the season, as construction allows, parts of the overnight areas may be re-opened to visitors on a first come, first served basis.

All park day-use activities will continue during construction including swimming, picnicking, hiking, fishing and environmental education programs. Some trails and parking areas may be inaccessible due to construction work.

The public is advised to call the park for updated information on open areas or check the park's Web page at www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/clearcreek.aspx.
Clear Creek State Park offers year-round recreational activities on 1,836 acres of forested hillsides along Clear Creek and the Clarion River. Many of the facilities at the park were constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s.

Additional information on the project may be obtained by contacting the Cook Forest State Park office at 814-744-8407.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wonder if the new shower house will be where that old pit toilet building was just on the other side of the bridge. I thought the other 2 shower houses were very nice. Would be nice if they added electric service to the sites along the river.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #30

Pond Piggies Club
I have seen the prints and the plans for the renovation work. Yes, you are correct - the new showerhouse/restrooms will be at the location of the pit latrine in the 'overflow' camping area - right across from sites 32 & 33.

In addition to this building, there will be two comfort stations built on opposite corners of the cabin circle. One near Cabin 13 and the other near Cabin 23.

I asked Marcia, the park manager, if there were any plans to add electric to the sites on the 'other' side of Clear Creek. She said no. That seems kind of silly to me. If you've got the place torn up for sewage lines, etc., run 110V while you're at it !!

I was able to reserve my favorite site, number 9, for the weekend before Memorial Day. I can't wait !!!
Old 04-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We were there ( Clear Creek ) last Aug. and were on site #3. In 06' we also had site #3 which was full shade. But they cut down a few trees in that site and now #3 is mostly sunny. Site#3 (2006) and this past summer Site #3 (2007) Notice the big tree in the back that is now gone. We actually had to turn the trailer door away from the sun to have the awning do its job. The only real daytime shade was back near the fire pit area. We did use the air a bunch that week. If I still had our pop-up I would have pulled it to the very back of the site. We didn't have air in the pop-up....
Old 04-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #32

Pond Piggies Club
My wife will kill me if she knows I put this picture on the web, but here we are at Clear Creek in June of 1983, the year before we got married.

This photo was taken in the grassy area along Clear Creek, right behind campsite 16.

Funny - I haven't aged a bit !! [LOL]
Old 04-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
For 09' while have to wait to see if they finish up the construction at Clear Creek. Two other construction projects at Kooser (campground upgrades) and at Laurel Hill (beach re-construction)they said it would be one year, but both took 2 years to finish. Truthfully the shower houses at Cook Forest and the roads are in need of improvement. I remember the first year we went to Cook Forest (01') I commented about this and the ranger said something about for some reason Cook Forest is on the bottom of the list for "Capitial Improvement $$$" even though you can see the entrance road into the campground is chuck-hole-city. And the showerhouses are so / so. I notice route 36 was repaved 2 years ago and they did a very nice job. Now if they could have spent a week and ran that paver right into the campground, we could have had it finished.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
And the showerhouses are so / so.
Hey Slif; if you think the Showers are so so...try the one in the pet section; it'll rip your skin off....but you're right, they're not pretty.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I wonder how many coats of <span class="ev_code_GREEN">GREEN </span> paint are on the walls. They are fairly clean, hot water, operating....so I guess that is a good thing. But they could use an up-grade. I just hate it when you get a shower that has a preset temp. and flow. West Branch is preset, but is usually fairly warm. Speaking of the WB. West Branch showerhouse
Old 04-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #36

Pond Piggies Club
Oh, yeah. West Branch's bathrooms are the perfect campground potty experience. Here's what's on the other side of the doors.

Quite a difference from this -

This is one of the old restrooms at Parker Dam. It's identical to the ones at Cook Forest.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:45 AM   #37

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
The VIP's at West Branch really stay on top of things as far as keeping the showerhouses tidy. There is a VIP site across from all 4 shower buildings. You should see all the people helping out at the Halloween camp-out weekend. I did a graveyard scene.... Site #100 but what you can't tell from the pictures is I had bought this control box from a yard sale a few years ago that I hook up 3 table lamps inside the trailer. Outside with the spooky CD that comes with it I set up my CD player. The control box which has the 3 table lamps hooked to it sets in front of one of the speakers. As the spooky CD is playing sounds it will turn on and off and dim the lights inside of the trailer according to what is playing on the CD. So most of the time the lights inside the trailer are at 1/2 wattage flickering with the spooky sounds, as if your at a haunted house. There is also an adjustment knob on the control box. It's just too cool....
Old 04-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #38
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Since this topic has gotten hijacked, I'll add my 2 cents in.

Jim & Diane - I don't know what type of bulbs your camper uses, but both out TT & 5-r took the same kind of bulbs in it's lights that you use with the hard wired 12v outdoor landscape lighting. I purchased several different colors of those bulbs (blue, green, red & amber) & used them for "mood lighting" in ceiling & undercabinet fixtures from time to time. I put blue ones in the ceiling fixture just inside the front door. I could leave it on all the time at night, it didn't attract bugs when coming in/going out of the door & gave enough of a glow to pad down to the fridge for a late night snack without turning on the overly bright regular bulbs lights.

How cool would those colors look inside your camper, in addition to the flashing table lamps, this Halloween?

Our MH fixtures don't take the same type of bulb, so I have these just laying around in a drawer. Next time we meet up, I'll remember to bring them & you can have them if you think you'd like to try them in your camper light fixtures.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:38 AM   #39

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes, we pond piggies do like our night time feedings........
Old 04-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #40

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Are you sure we are allowed to take something from Bounder owner?!?!

Don't give him any more ideas for that weekend! I don't have enough hair left from last year!

Diane
Old 04-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #41
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Are you sure we are allowed to take something from Bounder owner?!?!
Sure! It's not like we have cooties or somethin'! We passed the FlashCube on to you. Did ya hook that up to the outside lights?

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:31 AM   #42

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I did try out the flash cube....I played a joke on my brother with it. I hooked it up to his 5er, and told his son turn the outside light on a minute. Just as he turned the outside light on I flicked the switch on the flash cube. I said "Hey bro, somethings wrong with your trailer wiring, I don't think it is supposed to do that". Mary walks over to the trailer control panel and starts flicking all the switches. Then I hit the flasher switch, that really had my brother puzzled I think you have a short.... I couldn't hold it in any longer with laughter... That gets him back for drilling a very small hole in my plastic coffee mug........