Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region > Pond Piggies
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:02 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I made reservations for Ole Bull SP for July 13-17, 4 nights, site #37. We'll be on our way back to PA from upstate NY. Have to leave on the 17th so we can be at the Clarion County Fair that evening.

We're old retirees so I hope you young people take it easy on us!

-Tom & Sandy

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #44
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
We're old retirees so I hope you young people take it easy on us!
You'll have a good time with this bunch as you've got half of the Pond Piggies there. Bring your appetite. Just remember to sit WAY back at the group campfire. Slif tends to go "Tim Taylor" when it comes to campfires & ya might end up with some singed leg hairs.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally posted by NLOVNIT:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We're old retirees so I hope you young people take it easy on us!
You'll have a good time with this bunch as you've got half of the Pond Piggies there. Bring your appetite. Just remember to sit WAY back at the group campfire. Slif tends to go "Tim Taylor" when it comes to campfires & ya might end up with some singed leg hairs.

L- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could do my old college fire breathing show but that really upsets my wife.

-Tom

Old 04-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #46

Just returned from Ole Bull. Excellent camping, fishing and scenery. We had spot 41 right by the good playground for the kids and lots of hiking trails. Quiet at night and lots of shade in the daytime. Bathrooms are spotless, grounds are well maintained. Fill up the gas tank before you hit 144....Gas station north of the park entrance is 30 cents higher than gas in Galeton, PA. Also if coming from Rt 6 south through Galeton, PA...theres a detour through town due to a bridge out.

Jim, Jen, Maddie and Charlie
gotago1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome Jim (gotago1) Did you happen to take any pictures from Ole Bull? george and myself have never been there before. How was the road (route 144)coming up from I-80?
And Lori what do you mean
Quote:
Just remember to sit WAY back at the group campfire. Slif tends to go "Tim Taylor" when it comes to campfires & ya might end up with some singed leg hairs
My nephew calls me "The 2 stick wonder". My brother will be at Cook Forest the following week so you better watch out.. we likes um big Large Campfires
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #48

Pond Piggies Club
Yeah, pictures would be cool. I've never been there either. I've only found some limited pictures on the internet. Anything you're willing to share is appreciated.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:43 AM   #49

Jen will get some pictures posted asap...she took plenty. We didn't come from I-80, rather from route 6 through Galeton PA, then 144 south. 144 is a typical PA state route with the twist and turns, really nice drive. Between Galeton and Ole Bull there are two steep grades that will slow you down and heat up your brakes...in that order. Coming from Route 6, the last good chance for gas is in Galeton. There is one other small station on 144 but it is 30 cents higher!!!There is a great general store where you can buy firewood, bait, fishing license, groceries, etc on 144, it is called Carter Camp. No cell phone service at Ole Bull, however there are pay phones at the entrance. They have enlarged some of the campsites across the bridge. We especially liked 39, 41, 43, however all the sites were nice and clean. Jen is trying to figure out how to load the pictures as we speak, bear with us...we're analog people in a digital world.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Thanks for the post. I'll be coming from the north through Galeton.

If you have trouble posting the photos email them me, I'll resize, put them on my website and post them here. Currently the photo area is down on iRV2 so you will not be able to put them there and link to them.

-Tom
tomnagy at nauticom dot net

Old 04-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #51

Tom I e-mailed the pics to you and some directions from the north. Thanks for posting them...Jim
Old 04-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally posted by gotago1:
Tom I e-mailed the pics to you and some directions from the north. Thanks for posting them...Jim
Thanks Jim! And here they are....nice photos and family too!

GO PENGUINS!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Jim, Did you see any trout in Kettle Creek??

-Tom

Old 04-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #54

YES!!! The area in the campground is off limits to fishing except for children. Right behind our campsite, trout were hanging by the spillway and my son caught two nice brookies. I hiked upstream a few hundred yards from our campsite and caught another brook trout. I believe the whole area is barbless hooks only so pinch your barbs down. My son caught his fish on meal worms, mine was on a spinner.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #55

Pond Piggies Club
Those photos are fantastic !! The more I see, the more pumped I get about going there !!

BTW - there must be something about kids and those gum boots.....

Old 04-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Jim;

See or hear of any bears in the area?? They like the dumpster after dark.

-Tom