Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region > Pond Piggies
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Source: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/news/res...21-spfees.aspx

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">New rates set for state park facilities in 2008
For the first time since 2001, rates for overnight accommodations, boating and picnic pavilions will be increased to help maintain the quality of Pennsylvania state parks and support their operation and maintenance.

The new price schedule will be effective on Jan. 1.

"An overnight stay in a state park cabin or a family reunion picnic at one of our pavilions is still a great bargain," DCNR Secretary Michael DiBerardinis said. "This new pricing schedule makes Pennsylvania state parks comparable to neighboring states, and is well below the inflation rate for the period since 2001.

"Pennsylvania remains one of only a few states that do not charge an entrance fee to visit our state parks," DiBerardinis said.

For 2008, prices will represent about a 10 percent increase over the current rates, with the exception of camping where the base price will increase by $3 per night. In 2009, prices will increase about 10 percent over the 2008 prices with a camping base increase of $2 per night.

Elsewhere, a rustic campsite with no electricity on a weeknight now costs $10. The cost will increase to $13 next year. Fees that are added for weekends, sites with electricity, modern campsites and other additional amenities will also be modestly increased.

A modern cabin that sleeps eight for a week at the current weekly rate without sales tax is $371. The 2008 rate will be $408.

"Since 2002, we have invested more than $175 million in state park facilities by upgrading bathhouses and restrooms; improving marinas; repairing and replacing dams that create lakes; improving environmental education centers; adding trails and other recreational opportunities; and working to eliminate a backlog of maintenance," DiBerardinis said. "All of the money collected through state park fees is used for their operation and maintenance, and we will use this price increase to continue that work."

The current price schedule and the 2008/2009 prices can be found at www.dcnr.state.pa.us (choose State Parks, then Prices).

Reservations made prior to Jan. 1 for the use of facilities in 2008 will not be affected by the new price schedule, unless the reservations are changed after Jan. 1.

Pennsylvania has one of the largest park systems in the country with 117 state parks and it accommodates about 36 million visits a year. Usage rates for state park facilities, for the most part, are at capacity during peak seasons.

To make an online reservation at a Pennsylvania state park, visit www.visitPAparks.com. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can also access their 2007, 2008, 2009 price schedule here http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...2008prices.pdf
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Source: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/news/res...21-spfees.aspx

Quote:
New rates set for state park facilities in 2008
For the first time since 2001, rates for overnight accommodations, boating and picnic pavilions will be increased to help maintain the quality of Pennsylvania state parks and support their operation and maintenance.

The new price schedule will be effective on Jan. 1.

"An overnight stay in a state park cabin or a family reunion picnic at one of our pavilions is still a great bargain," DCNR Secretary Michael DiBerardinis said. "This new pricing schedule makes Pennsylvania state parks comparable to neighboring states, and is well below the inflation rate for the period since 2001.

"Pennsylvania remains one of only a few states that do not charge an entrance fee to visit our state parks," DiBerardinis said.

For 2008, prices will represent about a 10 percent increase over the current rates, with the exception of camping where the base price will increase by $3 per night. In 2009, prices will increase about 10 percent over the 2008 prices with a camping base increase of $2 per night.

Elsewhere, a rustic campsite with no electricity on a weeknight now costs $10. The cost will increase to $13 next year. Fees that are added for weekends, sites with electricity, modern campsites and other additional amenities will also be modestly increased.

A modern cabin that sleeps eight for a week at the current weekly rate without sales tax is $371. The 2008 rate will be $408.

"Since 2002, we have invested more than $175 million in state park facilities by upgrading bathhouses and restrooms; improving marinas; repairing and replacing dams that create lakes; improving environmental education centers; adding trails and other recreational opportunities; and working to eliminate a backlog of maintenance," DiBerardinis said. "All of the money collected through state park fees is used for their operation and maintenance, and we will use this price increase to continue that work."

The current price schedule and the 2008/2009 prices can be found at www.dcnr.state.pa.us (choose State Parks, then Prices).

Reservations made prior to Jan. 1 for the use of facilities in 2008 will not be affected by the new price schedule, unless the reservations are changed after Jan. 1.

Pennsylvania has one of the largest park systems in the country with 117 state parks and it accommodates about 36 million visits a year. Usage rates for state park facilities, for the most part, are at capacity during peak seasons.

To make an online reservation at a Pennsylvania state park, visit www.visitPAparks.com.
You can also access their 2007, 2008, 2009 price schedule here http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...2008prices.pdf
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:26 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Thanks for posting the information.

Like everything else, I suppose the price increase was inevitable. We've been commenting for a couple years that PA had the best camping prices around and when you consider they don't charge a reservation fee it was really a bargin.

I suppose now with the $ 3.00 per night increase, it is about the same as charging the Ohio reservation fee.

One good thing is that the we'll pay the 2007 rate for sites reserved for dates in 2008 if you reserve before January 1st.

For the usual Bedford weekend, we've locked in the cheaper rate.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I may do the same with reserving before the end of the year. If you also noticed they went ahead and put another fee increase in for the 09' season (another $2) increase.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
So, was our Shawnee reservation I made in Nov priced at the new or the old prices? Our reservations were made before the price increase news came out. I printed out the confirmation, but it just gives the total price, not the breakdown per day.

I guess I could do the math, but it hurts my brain.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:56 AM   #6

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
L-

It was the old rate (at least it was for me). I checked Quicken and I paid $48.00 for my 2007 reservation and the same amount for 2008.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
So, kudos go to Mike for getting us all to reserve Shawnee so early, huh?

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote