Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > North Central Region > Pond Piggies
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Allegro is a nice Tiffin coach. John, you could also put your truck/5-r on Warpath's (Bill Rowell-RVupgrades & iRV2.com founder) website sellyourrvnow. I see Jim's got his Cub on there. Not sure how much traffic it gets, but at least it's another free site.

I hate those low-life dealerships try to rip you off. I'm not surprised they gave you the run around, Jim. If they do or don't sell it & charge you nothing, what's in it for them? There's gotta be a catch somewhere.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hoping to get out next Thursday to either West Branch, Punderson or Findley. George was thinking also about going. The only thing about Punderson is the poor 20amp electric. It's crappy at best...

So far the highs are listed in the middle 40's, but dry....Might drive out on Wed and drive into work one night. Punderson or West Branch is only 25 miles to my work.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If it were me, I'd pick WB over Punderson. Not just for how scary their electirc is, but if you're wanting to run the space heater to keep warm rather than use your propane, I'd rather be doing it on 30a than 20a.

Lori-
Old 11-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Allegro is a nice Tiffin coach. John, you could also put your truck/5-r on Warpath's (Bill Rowell-RVupgrades & iRV2.com founder) website sellyourrvnow. I see Jim's got his Cub on there. Not sure how much traffic it gets, but at least it's another free site.

I hate those low-life dealerships try to rip you off. I'm not surprised they gave you the run around, Jim. If they do or don't sell it & charge you nothing, what's in it for them? There's gotta be a catch somewhere.

Lori-
Thanks for the tip Lori. The more exposure the better.
And thank you too Jim for the A.S. consignment deal...
I talked with them yesterday as well. Me thinks they use your RV to contrast what they have for sale; I maybe wrong; but that was my take.
Had a couple look at the truck and 5ver who seemed very interested yesterday.I hope they make an offer.
I want an A!!!!! and I WANT IT NOW!

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Had a couple look at the truck and 5ver who seemed very interested yesterday.I hope they make an offer.
Good Luck...

I think were going to settle on Findley State Park. The weather temps are looking above average for Thur - Sun. George wants to go to a indoor flea market on Sat. in North Amherst just north of Findley. The sites tend to stay dry at Findley in the off seasons.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1940 ford View Post
I think all of the little piggies have come to Lake Havasu City, AZ for the good weather and fun times as there are Motorhomes, 5th Wheel and travel trailers everywhere.
Well this lil piggie will be going weee weee weee all the way to LHC in about 2 weeks. I've done Illinois winters.
BonesBarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Looks like it might hit 60 on Friday & Saturday...I'll take that any day in late Nov. I choose Findley because the sites tend to stay much drier, and the electric service is good. West Branch has a few nice sites on the lake, but if the wind is coming from the S / SW it can get very chilly. The other inland sites are very grassy and may stay wet with the rain we had on Tuesday.

Were going to have a real Thanksgiving meal outside using the fire. I told George he has to dress up as either an Pilgrim or a Indian....In the off season at Findley there is a lot of wild life wondering around.

Findley pixs
Old 11-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #22

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Looks like it might hit 60 on Friday & Saturday...I'll take that any day in late Nov. I choose Findley because the sites tend to stay much drier, and the electric service is good. West Branch has a few nice sites on the lake, but if the wind is coming from the S / SW it can get very chilly. The other inland sites are very grassy and may stay wet with the rain we had on Tuesday.

Were going to have a real Thanksgiving meal outside using the fire. I told George he has to dress up as either an Pilgrim or a Indian....In the off season at Findley there is a lot of wild life wondering around.

Findley pixs
Hope you guys have a wonderful Turkey Day. My wife and I did Kickapoo State Park near Oakwood, Illinois one year. I was surprised that there were several other units out at that time.

Enjoy,
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We did Punderson (NE Ohio) on Thanksgiving weekend in 06' and 09', both well above average temp. weekends. Check out the sunset pix from Punderson back in 06' Punderson 06' Thanksgiving

There were actually 10 other campers those weekends.

Now one of our fellow IRV2 members a few years back invited us to camp in Jan. at Punderson. He had just purchased a MH and wanted to check it out. We just drove up for the day to visit, but there was a whole big group of other campers there that the ranger was afraid to tell me over the phone...He just said you have to see it to believe it....and trust me when we arrived and drove thru I was mystified as what they had posted at each site till I saw the banner at the one campsite...
Old 11-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OK Jim....don't leave us in suspense!
What was the special banner?

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #25

Hey Lori! This is off-topic. This thread,"Where have all the piggies gone?" is not listed in the thread titles when I click on North central region. Why? Is it my stupid computer or a browser add-on, or a glitch in the forum software?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:46 PM   #26
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Ray,

That's because it's not posted in the actual North Central Forum. It's posted in the Pond Piggies Forum, a separate sub-Forum of North Central.

If you look at posts in any sub-Forum (TX Boomers, WIT, RV Gourmet..etc), they only in show their sub-Forums not also in the main Forum they are associated with.

Lori-
Old 11-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #27
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Test post
Old 11-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #28

Got it! Thanks Lori! I thought either me or my computer was crazy, turns out it was_me.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote