Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:53 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A good topic needed...

Well we've got 18 or 19 rigs at the Lakeside RV Park and had a really great meal tonight. Of course the pot luck breakfast will be even better.

The rain has ended even though we are all thankful for the much needed rainfall.

Now about the needed topic...several commented that we had not heard from Don Allen with his nightly cool weather info. Mike, being an ex civil service employee quickly surmised that we aren't hearing from Don cause he's sweating his tail off and can't get on the computer because his sweat is constantly dripping from his chin onto the keyboard. Now that's an ugly picture.

Of course I told them you were still in Lowes or Home Depot waiting on your case of duct tape to make the trip home.

Don, let us hear from you soon.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jim, I actually think it's so hot in that area, that his waffle maker broke down and he's using the ole Dodge front fender to cook them now. I think he'll be OK since the duct tape on the fender won't let the waffles stick. Either that or he has some more repair work to do before he leaves and it's so hot the duct tape won't stick, keeps sliding off.
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
The real truth is that our neighbor who was watching our house while we were gone called to tell us we had a water leak in the house and it was flooding. Had to cut vacation short and head home.

Got out of Washington way before their heat wave hit and in fact we wore coats all the way into the Texas Panhandle. One place we stopped in Wyoming at a rest stop to eat lunch it was 46 F. Had to use the furnace most mornings to break the chill.

We got home last night in a huge thunderstorm and the truck is still hooked to the trailer this morning.

Water leak was a busted cold water pipe in rear bath. Neighbor had cut off water at main so no major flooding occurred.

Grand kids came with us but really were disappointed not to have seen Yellowstone and Mt Rushmore.

On the way home we stopped at a wonderful RV Park in Caldwell, Idaho named Ambassador RV. And then we stopped at probably the worse RV Park in America in Colorado Springs, CO.

Don't ever stay at Garden Of The Gods RV there. It is a dump and cost us $60 for the night.

Hope ya'll are having a great time at the camp out. Wish we were there.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry about the flooding Don. I'm just glad it didn't do more damage. Also sorry you missed Yellowstone and Rushmore.

See ya'll in Burleson.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Don, sure sorry to hear about the broken pipe and having to cut the trip short. You didn't bring the cooler weather.

On fixing your pipe, I doubt if duct tape will hold it very well.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post

On fixing your pipe, I doubt if duct tape will hold it very well.

Ken
Nope Ken in the case it is gonna take some new copper tubing and some new sweated joints. I have had problems in this area before and repaired it but it is time to replace the whole shebang. Thank goodness I put in a cut off valve to the cold water supply then so we were not out of water while I get around to replacing the plumbing. Hey someone once told me life's journey is full of flies & mosquito's.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Sorry to hear about the busted pipes and missed places but glad you arrived home safely.

Hurricane Carla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don, I'm sorry to hear about your plumbing problems. I'm about to tear into my copper as well. We are replacing the old "Motel 6" tub with a new whirlpool which is much higher. I've had nothing but problems with my shower valves leaking and now they are much too low for the new tub so I'm putting in a new mixing valve - which is supposed to have a lifetime guarantee. It is this weeks task to swap out all of that plumbing.

We, too, stayed at the Garden of Gods because there was nothing else available in Colorado Springs that night. They gave us a backin site, which was really a mudpit and charged us $47. It was a dump then, too. We'd have been better off at Wal-Mart. At least I wouldn't have been 4" deep in mud.

Now you have an excuse to go back to Yellowstone - like anyone needs one. That is one fantastic place.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
That is why we ended up there that night Charlie. We called several of the parks on the way down there and they were all full. I sure would not recommend that park to my worst enemy.

We have already promised the grand kids that we would take them to Yellowstone and Mt Rushmore after the National Rally next year on our way to taking them back home to Seattle.