Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Black Tank Treatment

I have been using this product for 3 years and find it to be the very best stuff out there to treat both black and grey water tanks. They are a local Texas company and their product is awesome. They are also having their annual sale right now. I have posted a link below to their website in case anyone would like to try the product.

Break Up Water Treatment
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by allendp View Post
I have been using this product for 3 years and find it to be the very best stuff out there to treat both black and grey water tanks. They are a local Texas company and their product is awesome. They are also having their annual sale right now. I have posted a link below to their website in case anyone would like to try the product.
Break Up Water Treatment
I've been using "2 CAPS full" of liquid Rid-X in both waste tanks for 14 years.
RID-X Septic Tank System Treatment, 3 Month Supply Liquid, 24 Ounce - Walmart.com
Mel
'96 Safari, 144k miles
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Don, We had all noticed that you have been smelling better than you use to, but could not figure out what you were using. Now we know.
Chippendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:50 AM   #4
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Attached Images

JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I gotta ask... why do you feel you actually "need" a black/gray tank chemical? hummmmm?

If you have an odor, you have a problem that needs attention. Masking an odor with chemicals is just a bandaid fix.

If your system is working correctly, no chemicals are needed, plain water will work just fine.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:50 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
I gotta ask... why do you feel you actually "need" a black/gray tank chemical? hummmmm?

If you have an odor, you have a problem that needs attention. Masking an odor with chemicals is just a bandaid fix.

If your system is working correctly, no chemicals are needed, plain water will work just fine.

Ron
You obviously have not camped in Texas in the summer with 100 plus temps. Believe me when I say plain water won't work.

And George I am not taking baths in it - just pouring down my John but you're right I don't seem to stink as bad as I used to.

No Comment to Curtis.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:37 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendp View Post

You obviously have not camped in Texas in the summer with 100 plus temps. Believe me when I say plain water won't work.
No, not Texas, but i do live in the Mojave desert where temps of 115 is not uncommon. And believe ME, water does work just fine. Like I said, if you are experiencing an odor, your system is in need of attention and repair. Search out where the odor is coming from and you'll find the problem.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:23 AM   #8

Quote:

Ron
Quote:
No, not Texas, but i do live in the Mojave desert where temps of 115 is not uncommon. And believe ME, water does work just fine. Like I said, if you are experiencing an odor, your system is in need of attention and repair. Search out where the odor is coming from and you'll find the problem.Ron
I agree!
If "tank odor", (either black or gray), is getting into the living area of any RV something needs FIXING.
Mel
'96 Safari, 144k miles, mine since '01
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:01 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Just for the record fellows - I don't have any problems with my black or grey tanks. That's because I keep them sparkling clean by using 4 oz of Breakout in my black tank and a capful in each of my grey tanks every time we camp. Not only does it keep them squeeky clean it breaks up the toilet paper and waste so it does not clog valves when draining.

But to each is own ! Smell that is !

Tags
black tank, tank