Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #29
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Harry and Norma, Understand completely, hope that Harry is feeling much better. We will get to see you both at another campout or Rally. See you then.
Mike and Amber
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #30

Texas Boomers Club
Mike & Amber, Sorry to say but Linda and I will not be able to make this one. Hope you all have a great time.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:08 AM   #31

TTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenAmber View Post
Fred, It is my intention to be there early on Thursday Morning to start getting things ready. This campground has no assigned sites, but plenty of them. We will be located in the Big Red Rally Hall on your left as you enter the park, sites across from that Hall, See you there.

Mike

Mike

I am going today, Wed, to set up due to weather on Thurs and some altered plans due to the passing of a close friend on Monday Morning. The wife of a regular golfing friend passed from cancer. She was 38 years old and left two boys 12 and 10. The oldest is in my granddaughters class and she taught both of my grandkids at Lowery where her husband also teaches.
Viewing is on Fri 4-7, but we were going to be late getting up there Fri anyway, and Celebration of Life at 10 am Sat over on 290 At Community of Faith. I think I can get there by backroads, through Hempstead. Graveside is family only so we will have no problem being back to be crowned King and Queen of TTB. Hope my tube top still fits.

Fred
Old 02-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #32
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Fred,
I'm planning on the same going out later today after 3:00, got a small part time job and working till 3:00 today. We understand that things arise when we least expect it and understand completely. We will get a chance to meet the both of you either late Friday or Saturday. We have the first three rows directly across from the large Rally Halls, the first two rows are mostly 30 & 50 amp service, take your pick.

Mike
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenAmber View Post
Fred,
I'm planning on the same going out later today after 3:00, got a small part time job and working till 3:00 today. We understand that things arise when we least expect it and understand completely. We will get a chance to meet the both of you either late Friday or Saturday. We have the first three rows directly across from the large Rally Halls, the first two rows are mostly 30 & 50 amp service, take your pick.

Mike

Yeah I really need to stay and finish some wood signs and plaques for customers, but I guess I can do that tonight and tomorrow since I won't be staying tonight. I hope to have a Trailer Trash Sign to hang out in my yard this weekend done.
I am trying to do one with the Boomer Logo but having a bit a of a problem getting it to transfer to my program....do you know someone that has an art ready copy or at least a clean copy of the logo???

Fred
Old 02-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #34

Texas Boomers Club
Fred -

I have the original artwork that was done when I designed the logo a number of years ago. I'll email to you later tonight. It is not patented, but used exclusively for Texas Boomers items.

Sandy
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Fred -

I have the original artwork that was done when I designed the logo a number of years ago. I'll email to you later tonight. It is not patented, but used exclusively for Texas Boomers items.

Sandy
Sandy

I will only use it to hang out in front of my rig for Boomer events. I have others for other events, even one for the spring Creek Bluegrass Festival that is held out there.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #36

Texas Boomers Club
Gotcha! I sent the original clip art to you this morning!!! I got busy last night trying to finish up projects for the Trailer Trash Prom and forgot all about it! I know it's too late to make one with the logo for this campout....but maybe next time!!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #37

Logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Boomer View Post
Gotcha! I sent the original clip art to you this morning!!! I got busy last night trying to finish up projects for the Trailer Trash Prom and forgot all about it! I know it's too late to make one with the logo for this campout....but maybe next time!!

Sandy
Sandy,

I designed and carved this morning, let me know what you think. This has not been sanded and obviously not finished. I will sand tomorrow before coming out, my rig is there already, and try to stain and paint while there. I even have a nice pink for the flamingo. click on pic to enlarge.....slightly out of foucus, kinda like me

Old 02-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #38

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Seven inches and counting here in Flower Mound. White stuff everyone! Sorry we can't attend this one, but tomorrow night we have a party for our daughter's 30th birthday.

Judy and Chas
Cami and Sara

chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #39

Texas Boomers Club
Fred -
Awesome...even unfinished it's still good! The clip art I sent must've been good because all the little detailes on the pink bird really show up well...even if it's fuzzy! Can't wait to see yours so we'll have an idea of what they look like...NICE WORK!

Charlie -
Oh my oh my....I lived in snow like that for 22 years...that's why I moved to South Texas! Stay safe and dry!!!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #40

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Boomer View Post
Fred -
Can't wait to see yours so we'll have an idea of what they look like...NICE WORK!

Sandy
I have a sign that Fred made for me and for now (until the rain stops) it is hanging on the rearview mirror of my motorhome. He does a VERY nice job!

Thanks to Rusty's directions I made it here with only one mishap - I think I turned too early from 331 because I was on another road, but fortunately it intersected with Coushatte Road and I made it here ok. I am parked and waiting for everyone tomorrow.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Barbara, how deep is the mud?

Will I need Trailer trash waders to get around? These are garbage bags held up with duct tape. You have to use Hefty-Hefty-Hefty.

Charlie, if you can't make it down to see us, get the Star boat out and do a little sailing...I bet the lake won't be crowded.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #42

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
It is fine for humans but can you bring waders for my dogs?

Actually the standing water isn't bad - especially considering it hasn't quit raining for two days. There are a lot of leaves on the ground and that covers the muddy areas. Just be careful walking and look for any low spots. It looks like it should dry up quickly and the road by the rally hall is good. In fact, all the roads getting here were pretty good. I followed Rusty's directions and came in a different way than I usually do and the newly asphalted road was wonderful.

Come on down!!!!
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote