Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
February Sweetheart Prom

Time is getting near for our first Trailer Trash Prom, at the beautiful Coushatte Campground in Bellville, Texas. Looking forward to some great outfits. King and Queen will be crowned. Don't miss out sign up early. See you there.

Looks like we will have a really nice Prom, so far it looks like about 33+ rigs will be attending. We are making the final arrangements to get the Meal sign up list going. This is the Park that takes only cash or personal checks. We will collect all payments and then give to the Park Hosts, this worked out real well last time. The rates are as follows 30amp is $20.00 and 50amp is $22.00 with a $2.00 discount for cash, nightly rates. Also remember sites are not assigned first come first served. We will be the only camp out there this weekend and we will lave the large front Rally hall, sites will be across from it. Any questions please e-mail us or PM. See you there.

MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey mister wagon master or wagon mistress, ain't this here the place thats cash on the barrell with even a discount fer it? If so, I'm needin to know how many pennies to be a bringing. Of course if its a bunch, I'll bring nickels.

PS...watch for Don Allen's directions. He'll be takin you over a bridge that ain't quite up to par fer them heavier trailers and such. Won't make any differenc either if'in one of use gets outs and walks across.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes sir Mr. Jim this is the one. Like the one in November, we will collect all the cash and or checks and settle up with the Camp Hosts. Looks like we're going to have a pretty good group, See you there.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well dang it...how much You know, how many pennies, nickels or dimes do I need to bring.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OK, here is the breakdown of exactly what you will need for each day you are there,

2,200..............................pennies
440..............................nickles
220..............................dimes
88..............................quarters

Now as for gettin' there, you done been there once and I knows Roxie can find it again, no N.S.E.W. required.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There you go agin...ain't listening as Amber would fouch fer. I ain't bringing no 25 cent pieces. We gotta save um for admission to the creek fer washing our stuff. I'll bring bunches of pennies and nickles and even some dimes just in case some person needs change.

I did spell check and had so many collors I got more corfused thaen every.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jim, them thar pennies, nickles and dimes are jist for one knight, not the holed weekend. You need to have that thar many for each night you need to have a place to park and plug up. Ever-body nos that trailor trash cain't spill and don't need no fancy spillin checker.
n'
We are a gittin our fancy party duds together and I warshed the cow pookie offin my best boots. I'll leave the stuff a hangin' in the barn until we is riddy to pull out and hopefully they want smell too bad. They ain't dew to be warshed until Sprang. Don't want to muddy up the kreek to soon.

Ken
Old 01-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Aw....com on now, ya fellers! Ya'lls already makin' me red faced wiff smoke puffin' outa my ears! You's talking hoity toity on me!

Jimmy-boy...ya need to make shur that them thar pennies r all rolleded up! I don't thank Mizter Howard likes his payments in a coffee can! Save them quarters....we'z need dem for playin' that lcr game!

Kenny-boy...glad yur gonna make it a spechul point to clean up the heifer smell....it can get purty rank after'n bout 3 days!!!

San-dee
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sandy, I don't a want to warsh my best clothes too often so-in I don't wear them out too soon. 'Bout 2 weeks ago I did have to wear them to clean out the horse barn 'cause the dogs had been aleeping on my everyday clothes and got fleas in 'em.

Ken
Old 01-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
aw now kennie-boy...a cupla lettle threadbarren places only makes the arr flow a leetle better! Nuttin' wrong wich a breze ever now and then!!! Splasch a leetle of that Old Spice good smellum stuff behind both yer eers and ain't nobodee going smell dem clothes!!

San-dee
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:46 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wheeew! Finally got all them pennies counted. 4400 pennies made me have to increase the air pressure on the rear dually's to 90 lbs. Somebody remind me to lower it back to 85 before we leave.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:24 AM   #12

This being our first Boomer event, may come up on Thurs and drop off rig for a 50 amp site and commute back to town for grandkid responsibilities.....Makes Friday easier also.....no rush setup. Hopefully my new Bama 13 National Cahmpionship flag will be in to fly. (those of you who know us will understand.) Besides, how fair can a trailer trash prom contest be when we are originally from Alabama....we started it all over there......wish I still had a mullet!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Fred, It is my intention to be there early on Thursday Morning to start getting things ready. This campground has no assigned sites, but plenty of them. We will be located in the Big Red Rally Hall on your left as you enter the park, sites across from that Hall, See you there.

Mike
Old 02-01-2010, 06:40 AM   #14

Since it is my understanding that we have to dress as trailer trash, ya'll don't need to bother. Living most of our lives in Bama, and before I met my lovely wife, I dated more trailer trash that ya'll have probably ever seen. Can't wait to see the old tube tops pulled out!!!
BTW my wife never was trailer trash, but when I was a freshman in college she was in first grade. Don't worry, I waited until I got a few semesters behind me before proposing , But we never were relatated. I don't know if my family has forgiven me yet for marrying outside the family.

All is well that ends well.......and the kids and grandkids all turned out normal, (I think)