Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #15
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hope you will on the mend soon.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #16

Rexhall Owners Group
I had to have mine taken out 9 days ago. I am frustrated that I haven't bounced back all the way yet, but after reading your experience, I'm not as frustrated any more.
Get well soon!
JohnInAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #17

iRV2 No Limits Club
Hope you get home soon.
Had mine out 4 years ago.
I hate to go Drs. so I ignore a lot of stuff. I had none of the usual "pain" associated with gallbladder problems. Instead several time a week I would feel like I had the flue in the morning. By noon I was OK. On Friday I could barely standup. Weak, dehydrated with nice yellow eyes.

When I went to the ER I signed a DNR / NO life support.

My BP fell to 40/60 and I started to black out l I told the nurse I was leaving. At first she did not understand then when she saw the BP my feet went up, head down and she would slap me every few min. saying " NOT on my shift"!

I stayed in the ER from 11AM until 10PM before I was stabilized enough for a room. The gallbladder had caused a massive systemic whole body infection. IVs for everything was going.

After the microsurgery the morphine was great. I at first refused it! Then my back acted up. After the first morphine went into the IV I was pain-free for a week.

Being 61 then, it took several weeks before I was back to work. All good now and as an added benefit even my lactose intolerance is gone.

Wish you a speed return.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #18
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Fortunately the hospital here has for the most part gotten away from morphine as it causes nausea and isn't as a effective as dilaudid.

They gave me dilaudid in the ER for my gallbladder attack and it's the strongest pain reliever they have.

I first had dilaudid 2 years ago after my colon resection post op as the morphine didn't help and made me nauseous.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Friday I had my slugged up GB removed. I am back in the hospital with afever that spikes to 102.2. So far all the blood work, CAT Scans show everything is normal. So the "witch doctors" are sending me through 2 day IV antibiotics to see if that is the cure.

I am ready to go home.

Ken

Ken,

Get well wishes to you from one Schnauzer lover to another. Hope your home soon as the hospital is no fun. I'm in recovery from the big C that I had in my throat last year and it seems like the older you get the longer it takes to recover. This getting old crap really sucks.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Well I was feeling good enough that I made the great escape. I managed to evade the cops and got home.

Sammie, my Mom said that gettin' old was not for sissies.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Congratulations on your "escape".
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help ya'll.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #22

iRV2 No Limits Club
Congratulations on the escape.

I am glad things are looking up.
Now to set back and heal, which not doing what you want to do may be the hardest part. My wife kept telling me "your not 30 anymore".

Ref a comment on the morphine above:
For several years the hospitals got away from morphine.
Now they are returning to it. I do not know if they were giving me something to stop nausia or not, but I had no problems with that. The nurse would show up every 6 hours with the needle to put in my IV and back to pain free land.
The worse part was the removal of the drain tube. I wish I had the morphine for that, but I was on nothing when they did that procedure.

When my son was alive, he had kidney stones and he was Active Duty Navy.
I was surprised to find they would hand him a bottle of morphine pills anytime he went in with kidney stone pain. It was SOP for them. No questions.

Glad you are out. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
They gave me couple of doses of morphine and I told them, nada mas. I feel great while it is working but afterwards, I feel like dog-do.

I also cannot take codine,oxycodone, hydracodone, talwin...

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 03-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #24
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Hey Ken

Just picked up on this thread about ya'll not feeling good and thought I would fwd you a secret family treatment that is garunteed to make you feel better. Anything for a friend in need is my motto.
Attached Images

JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Nope, too much Jim Beam and I get a head ache afterwards. Maybe the solution is to stay drunk. But one of the antibiotics is very specific and says alcohol is verboten.

Ken
Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #26

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Glad to hear your doing good Ken.
I hope you know since you said it wasn't any fun
I'M taking it off my bucket list.
Even if it does involves morphine, nurses and cute
hospital gowns, wow can't belive I ever would say that.
Your in our prayers
Old 03-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #27

Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to KDbug
Sorry to hear you were having a bad time. Glad to hear you escaped, My theory is all hospitals make sure you don't want to stay by bugging the mess out of you always works.
Hope for a fast recovery from this point
Old 03-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holy cow...I don't check in on the forum for a while and find the reason you weren't at the recent get together. I hope you're on the mend by now. I go tomorrow to Anderson for another ultra sound on my gall bladder. They are hopeful I won't have to have it removed...aging sucks but of course it beats the alternative.