Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Hello From Hockley

Hi everyone, my name is Leon and my Service Dog is Onyx (Black Lab). We are in the Hockley (NW on 290 from Houston). I am new to RV'ing and I bought a 1994 Bounder 34J from a friend that is in great shape. I believe I can get several years out of this one and if I get the bug who knows..... I will be hitting the road sometime in March but I will have to stay in the Texas area for the first 6 months or so to make my doctor at the Houston VA happy. I am a 37 year old Retired Combat Veteran, who is ready to see the GREAT United States!
I ordered a 10 sensor TST sensor yesterday and I believe that I am almost ready to hit the road. Although I will replace that pink carpet (my friend calls it mauve) over to some type of vinyl wood look. Thinking that would be better with Onyx. Then I need a lube pump for the Toyota Sienna.
I just came off my first trip out to Coushatta in Kinda LA and I look forward to meeting everyone out there at a Rally soon. Thanks for all the help that I have received so far, you guys and gals are GREAT!
lpkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Also, I went to the Boomers main site and looked around but saw nowhere to join. Did I miss it?
Leon
Old 01-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just register (sign-up) to attend a rally and you'll be a member. I believe the next rally is in the San Antonio area, check the Texas Boomer website.

www.texasboomers.org
Old 01-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
TX Boomers are in Corsicana this weekend. They will be at Braunig Lake in SA Feb 17-19 for the Valentines rally. Come on down and join in. Post a reply to the thread about the Feb rally and Sandy aka Madame Boomer will hook you up!

And, thanks for your service to our great nation!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Jayco Owners Club
Welcome. I'm in Katy and we rally with the Texas Boomers quite often. Next rally is in San Antonio the weekend after Valentines Day. Just go to the link for the Feburary campout and sign up that you are coming. Once there you will get an info packet and have a great time.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPSDX View Post
Welcome. I'm in Katy and we rally with the Texas Boomers quite often. Next rally is in San Antonio the weekend after Valentines Day. Just go to the link for the Feburary campout and sign up that you are coming. Once there you will get an info packet and have a great time.
Thanks Everyone! I will look into the Feb trip.
TexasPSDX, great pics on your Blog of Williamsburg. I grew up in that area and love it there. See everyone soon...
Old 01-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Hi Leon..........

I posted back to you in the New Member area and glad you found us in the Texas Boomers area! Anything going on with the club is posted here so check in often!

Congrats in the new (to you) rig and I can't imagine why in the world you'd want to change out "mauve" carpeting , but once you get everything done you'll be able to hit the road and make some of the rallies!

Keep in touch, new friend, and look forward to saying "THANK YOU' for your service to our great country in person.

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote