RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Labor Day Rally UPDATE

Greetings Boomers –

I post this announcement bearing sad news that I received a phone call today informing me that our scheduled Labor Day Rally at Coffee Creek RV Park in Santo, Texas has been cancelled.

I am greatly disappointed in this news and I’m sure you will be as well, but we’ve been placed in this situation before, so please continue reading this message before jumping on a bandwagon to trash the park and overturning two years of planning between the park and myself.

Our rallies are booked at least 12-16 months out and there is just no way that we can predict the future for any given rally. I wish I could, but I cannot. We book (as well as every other rally club) that far out because parks that can handle a group of 30+ are few and far between. This would have been the first time for the club to visit the park in a massive effort to open new locations for us to host rallies at.

TxDot has selected this time and date to begin road construction on I-20 and surrounding major roads from Ft Worth heading west toward Abilene. Coffee Creek (and probably every other rv park along that stretch of interstate) are being called upon to provide space for road workers. Management at Coffee Creek informed me that they’ve already begun to arrive. Most sites will be booked anywhere from 3 months to 2 years.

From the perspective of an RV park – income from one rally for 3 days versus a steady income for 3 months to a year is a no-brainer for them. That’s understandable on any level. As I said earlier, this isn’t the first time: the rv park in Palacious cancelled a rally two weeks prior to our arrival, Braunig Lake cancelled all rallies for over 3 years and we just returned there Memorial Day and, of course, we know that rallies are no longer being held at Alamo Fiesta - all for the very same unforeseen circumstance.

It DOES put me in a quandry as to what to do and/or where to go and I’ll tell you up front our options are VERY limited at this point in time. I can 99.9% guarantee all our other regular locations large enough to handle 30 + rigs are already booked for the last holiday of the season! Lake Conroe KOA and Lake Livingston KOA at Onalaska are destination resorts and they will be full. I have a couple of others in mind that I will call, but honestly I don’t hold much hope that they can get us in at this late date.

I will keep you posted if another park has room for us, but in the meantime if you choose to find an alternative destination for a private Labor Day weekend, I will certainly understand.

Sandy

I am in touch with a couple of rv parks in the NE area perhaps for the following weekend after Labor Day...give me a couple of days to try to work something out

Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Thank you for the update Sandy! We were talking about ending our trip to Colorado at the Rally however, sounds like it may be difficult heading that way so will plan to remain on our current course home. Good luck and pray you are able to find a replacement but know it will be difficult this late. Look forward to the Oktoberfest!

Old 07-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the update, Sandy. We were at Coffee Creek last Thursday-Friday. I mentioned that we would see them in September. They didn't say anything then. However, almost all their sites were full-much different from the last time we stayed there. It's a long shot; but maybe Miller Creek. It's a long drive for us but we would come. LOL.

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor, Newmar KK Lone Stars South
Old 07-11-2018, 02:26 PM   #4

Don't they have 2 0r 3 other locations that they might be able to accommodate us at?
Old 07-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Sandy, it is a bit off the beaten path, but we stayed in Baytown recently. A lovely new resort. I did not check out the facilities that the Boomers want, but it might be worth a call. https://cedargrovepark.com/

Our RVing days are probably over---not definitely, but probably. But I will always love the Boomers!!!
Old 07-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Don't give up hope just yet! I'm in touch with several parks and hoping to get us in either the Labor Day weekend or the weekend following.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Its been a whirlwind of activity and I appreciate all the suggestions for parks elsewhere in Texas, but want to host the Labor Day in the north part of the state. We've hosted 2 back to back events in the Hill Country and one coming up in October. The folks in the north came to those, so its time to host up in that direction.

POLL NEEDED

I've contacted Mitchell RV park in Perrin, Texas which is located about 20 miles north of Coffee Creek. The Texas Boomers hosted the 2008 iRV2 National Rally there and it is a JEWEL of a park....even though in the middle of nowhere. You can find them at [url=http://www.mitchellparkandresort.com] and see for yourself what a neat place this is.

They have 30 sites available for us Labor Day weekend from Friday, August 31st to Monday, September 3rd (must make a 3 night reservation), and have use of a rally hall , but we will be sharing the park with the holiday crowd .

OR

We can virtually have the resort to ourselves if we book Thursday, September 6th or Friday, September 7th and depart on Monday the 10th. We would have use of Hall 3 which is the one we used in 2008.

The rally rate is $38 per night for 30 amp and $42 per night for 50 amp.

Please let me know as soon as possible your option and if you will be attending so I can make final reservations with the park by tomorrow (Friday)...post below or email me at sandyc@texasboomers.net

DO NOT CALL THE PARK - WAIT FOR SIGN-UP INSTRUCTIONS!

Sandy
Old 07-12-2018, 12:56 PM   #8

We are good for both dates. Do what's best for the group. We will do a Thurs - Mon.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:02 PM   #9

We can go Sept 6.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
The Mannís Combes and Frazierís are good for the weekend of the 6th
Old 07-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
We can do the Labor Day weekend. Have reservations elsewhere for the next weekend. Whatever the group decides, we can live with either way.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:26 PM   #12

Hicksonís are ok with Sept.6
Old 07-13-2018, 05:47 AM   #13

Thank you for the info Madame Boomer. We appreciate all the hard work you do in preparation for these rallies. WE will not be able to make this one, but will see you again later in the fall.

Allen and Karen Van Zandt

Closed Thread

Tags
rally