Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #43
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Don, check out Rafter J RV Resort in Hill City, SD. We stayed there 9 days and could have stayed many more. Its near Mt Rushmore, Custard State Park (a must).

If ya'll haven't done the Beartooth Hwy drive, do it. Its the ne entrance to YNP. We found it to be the most spectaculiar drive in the world. We stayed at Rocky Mountain CG in Gardiner and it was okay.

Let me know if you need anymore info, such as local duct tape distributors.
Thanks Jim I have not made any schedule or stops yet and those are good tips and we will give them a look.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh Don. We spent last night just south of Limon, CO and this morning was the first time in over a month we didn't have to kick the heat pumps on to knock the chill out. We're now in Amarillo and at 7pm it's still 97. This is not good.

FYI. We're staying at Oasis RV Resort and it is beautiful. Its part of the same group as Buckhorn Lake in Kerrville. Free WiFi, free cable, free laundry and allows washing of rv...no worries of that in this heat from me. Did I mention the price? $20 for class a and it goes down from there. No tip, tax or title. $20. If you took the favorite place in the Woodlands and took out every other site and did major landscaping you'd be getting close at what...half the cost?

On to Lubbock tomorrow for a visit with friends and then Houston.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #45

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendp View Post
Be safe Jim & Judy ! We sure don't want any harm to befall our beloved ROXIE !

We'll be heading for Yellowstone on July 27 and then on to Mt Rushmore after a couple of days there and plan to start wending our way toward Texas the 1st week in August. By then I am sure the current heat wave there will be over.
Sure, Don. The current one will be over and the next one will be in full force. It looks like we are going to be "under the dome" (of high pressure which blocks all E-W and N-S fronts) for the foreseeable future.

I've been watching the temperatures that you and Jim have been reporting with great envy. Our outside thermometer read 109 degrees (in the shade) this afternoon. It sure felt like it.

Hey Jim, did you drive Beartooth highway in your MH? If I remember, that was some pretty steep stuff.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote