Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > South Central Region > Texas Boomers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #1

Texas RV Parks

We plan to meet up with other RV ing family members in early October in a RV Park somewhere near Austin , Tx or San Marcos. Does anyone have any recommendations on a RV park in these areas. And also places that you would recommend day trips to in that area?
Thanks in advance for any recommendations for RV parks you would recommend and places to visit.
RonKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:56 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
RonKent -

The Texas Boomers are hosting a rally at Pecan Park in San Marcos the weekend of 7th-9th of October. We'd love to have ya'll rally with us for the event!

Log on to www.pecanpark.com to view the place and call to make reservations if you can come that weekend! Just tell them you're coming in with the Texas Boomers which will get you the "rally rate" for the days of the event........hey every little bit counts!!!!

From this location, you'll have a lot of close by places to visit for day trips out. The above website gives a lot of information on nearby places to see!

After the rally, if you're going to be in the area for an extended amount of time, I can give you the names of recommended places more in the Hill Country (and other areas) that are further than a day outing. You could stay at Pecan Park for a couple of days and see all the sites there, then move to another location. Just depends on your trip schedule......

Keep in touch and let me know if ya'll will be in the area and can come!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #3

madam i hope to meet you for south Austin i like lone star its south of austin u turn at slaghter on the right i just left there on a 2000 mile trip
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
whem2fish......

We've been to Lone Star as well and it is a nice park although the rally hall is not available full time for rally groups who come in. Anyone staying in the Austin area, be sure to check the park out - lots of shade (much needed this time of year)!!!

Safe travels on your journey and be sure to keep us posted as you go so we can all oooohhhhh and ahhhhhh....especially if the climate is cooler!!!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Besides what Madam Boomer stated,

Oak Forest RV Park in Austin - it is a Passport America Park

RioRaft in New Braunfels

Lone Star Carfree RV in Austin

I have personally stayed at these resorts. There really isn't much for me to tell because there is plenty to do in the area. If you are at New Braunfels, you are almost half way between Austin, and San Antonio. In any case, even if in Austin, the San Antonio River Walk is a must.

Just remember that Texas is in a drought and the river levels are down quite a bit. Hopefully by October we will have had some rain, and the temperatures should be nice for you. October - November is a good time to visit that area.

Happy trails.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Coming to Texas right now, please bring as much water as you can carry...it would be appreciated.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
Our preference is Lone Star, too.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Just don't bother with Lone Star beer....yuck.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:53 AM   #9

2 0r 3 years ago there was problems they changed the management iv only stayed there 2 times since then once in a cabin
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:31 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Just don't bother with Lone Star beer....yuck.

Ken
But you said to bring water! Lone Star Beer is pretty much the same thing.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #11
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKent View Post
We plan to meet up with other RV ing family members in early October in a RV Park somewhere near Austin , Tx or San Marcos. Does anyone have any recommendations on a RV park in these areas. And also places that you would recommend day trips to in that area?
Thanks in advance for any recommendations for RV parks you would recommend and places to visit.
West of Austin at junction of US 281 and US 290 is Miller Creek RV Resort. Texas Boomers had Memorial Day Rally there. Can't beat Paul and his crew for great Hill Country hospitality!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz View Post
Our preference is Lone Star, too.
Sorry, but I would not stay at Lone Star due to their rude treatment. I went by there and asked if I could drive thru the park in my car since I was thinking of staying there in the future. They refused - wouldn't even let me LOOK!

I usually stay at McKinney Falls State Park. It is a short distance from Lone Star so still accessible to everything in that area. Very nice park with excellent pull-thru sites. Friendly staff and nice store there.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #13

Park recommendations

Thanks for the park recommendations. I appreciate your help on this . I am checking their websites now.

Family members will be coming from Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Arizona. I don't think any of us have camped in this area before.

What area attractions do you recommend ? Any other favorite campgrounds?
RonKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Wow, there are honestly too many activities/must-sees to list. You have everything in Austin (live music scene) and San Antonio plus the entire Texas Hill Country just to your west. It all depends on what your group likes.

You might want to check out www.TravelTex.com for on-line and hard copy tourism material to look at all of the possibilities.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
texas