Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2016, 06:54 PM   #1

2011 jayco 1007

I'm having a problem with my propane. When I turn the propane on and I turn one burner on the stove and it lights but only a very small flame when I turn on the other burner the flame goes out and when I light it again it's a very small flame could there be air in the lines causing that I'm new to this just bought it off my parents and they never used it
Dennisnwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2016, 10:07 PM   #2

Propane flame on the stove. I used to own a Palomino popup.

Take a small bottle brush or wire and clean out the stove burner. Sometimes spiders or dirt get in them. Utube should have a tutorial on this. Next step would be to make sure your propane tank is full. Your regulator or propane hoses could need replacing. They can go bad. Keep us posted.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:48 PM   #3

Try turning on the propane wait 10 or 15 minutes then light the stove. Propane operates on a low pressure and this allows the system to pressurize
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:13 PM   #4
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisnwi View Post
I'm having a problem with my propane. When I turn the propane on and I turn one burner on the stove and it lights but only a very small flame when I turn on the other burner the flame goes out and when I light it again it's a very small flame could there be air in the lines causing that I'm new to this just bought it off my parents and they never used it
Has it always been this way, or just recently become a problem? Check for a kinked/pinched line. Restricted lines can cause problems like this, even if it's just a small obstruction. Also check for leaks on that specific line.
Do you have other appliances running on the LP system? Do they work correctly? If not, you may need to adjust your regulator. If so, it's something in that line specifically.
EQSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:39 AM   #5

2007? I would look into changing out the regulator. I have a 2003 and had crazy issues with the refrigerator and then burners. Finally changed out the regulator and haven't had any issues since. They are suppose to last 15 yrs. minimum, but if they get wet or are exposed to environment without protection, they can malfunction.
Do your due diligence and ensure your stove burners are clean. Also, have you attempted to light the 2nd burner first and see how it burns, then lighting the first? If you have the same situation, definitely replace the regulator. It's not that expensive of a fix.

Good luck!!!

Tags
jayco