Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Pop Up, Tent Trailer and Teardrop Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2005, 02:36 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hello,
Having been a iRV2 member for 5 years it has answered a lot of questions for me about what to buy and different ways of doing things. We were all set to upgrade to a newer Fleetwood pop-up this fall like the Mesa model. I knew sooner or later I would be getting into a hard sided travel trailer. So by chance we looked at a Aerolite Cub expandable / hybride and liked it. So we bought one last week. So I guess now we have the best of both worlds. While signing papers last week the dealer wanted to know if we would trade in our 99' Coleman pop-up. I said I would put it in the paper maybe in March or so. Being sellers on Ebay I checked out what was selling as far as Coleman pop-ups over the last few weeks. I saw some units going for more that "I" would pay and some cheaper. Well, I decided to give it a shot on Ebay. It cost me $45 to enter a 7 day auction. I have never sold anything this $$$$ on Ebay. Has anyone sold or bought a vehicle or trailer on the web? What wording would be wise to include to protect me. Say I sold it for $4500 and the person after the auction ends doesn't have the full amount, but offers payments for the balance. Or once viewing the trailer at delivery changes his mind. Being sellers on Ebay for 5 years we do about 1000-1200 auctions a year. And maybe 2% of the buyers never pay, or want something else. If someone who has done some transactions on Ebay for big $$$$ items can read over my auction and point out if I need to ad something please feel free to e-mail me djslif@aol.com Thanx....

I posted it in iRV2's classifieds section last Oct and have received 350 hits. I posted it on Ebay last night and have received 350 hits in 12 hours.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4527699394

I guess I'll see what it will bring. Buying the Aerolit Cub does that mean I have to migrate over to the TT / expandable board???
While doing all the paperwork for the new trailer I was checking out the 5er's in the showroom like Ceder Creeks. I told my wife that this would be nice when we retire and can travel a lot more. She said we will go back to a pop-up because that is camping. I don't know, they sure were nice and roomy..... I wish the Aerolite Cub we bought had the quality of the oak cabinets the Ceder Creeks had. O well.......
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2005, 02:36 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hello,
Having been a iRV2 member for 5 years it has answered a lot of questions for me about what to buy and different ways of doing things. We were all set to upgrade to a newer Fleetwood pop-up this fall like the Mesa model. I knew sooner or later I would be getting into a hard sided travel trailer. So by chance we looked at a Aerolite Cub expandable / hybride and liked it. So we bought one last week. So I guess now we have the best of both worlds. While signing papers last week the dealer wanted to know if we would trade in our 99' Coleman pop-up. I said I would put it in the paper maybe in March or so. Being sellers on Ebay I checked out what was selling as far as Coleman pop-ups over the last few weeks. I saw some units going for more that "I" would pay and some cheaper. Well, I decided to give it a shot on Ebay. It cost me $45 to enter a 7 day auction. I have never sold anything this $$$$ on Ebay. Has anyone sold or bought a vehicle or trailer on the web? What wording would be wise to include to protect me. Say I sold it for $4500 and the person after the auction ends doesn't have the full amount, but offers payments for the balance. Or once viewing the trailer at delivery changes his mind. Being sellers on Ebay for 5 years we do about 1000-1200 auctions a year. And maybe 2% of the buyers never pay, or want something else. If someone who has done some transactions on Ebay for big $$$$ items can read over my auction and point out if I need to ad something please feel free to e-mail me djslif@aol.com Thanx....

I posted it in iRV2's classifieds section last Oct and have received 350 hits. I posted it on Ebay last night and have received 350 hits in 12 hours.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4527699394

I guess I'll see what it will bring. Buying the Aerolit Cub does that mean I have to migrate over to the TT / expandable board???
While doing all the paperwork for the new trailer I was checking out the 5er's in the showroom like Ceder Creeks. I told my wife that this would be nice when we retire and can travel a lot more. She said we will go back to a pop-up because that is camping. I don't know, they sure were nice and roomy..... I wish the Aerolite Cub we bought had the quality of the oak cabinets the Ceder Creeks had. O well.......
Old 02-14-2005, 04:55 PM   #3
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
I am sure you are aware of the scams from folks overseas as far as wanting to send more then you need and want you to cash it and send back the differance after you send the item , only to find out that the check is no good. I have a friend who posted his motorcycle who got 3 such offers in 2 days in e-mail.

I would also think about the RV Trader paper, and your local paper. I put a sign on my truck and had to cancel the add because I sold the truck 2 days before the add was do to run. Let us know how you do, and congrats on the new rig. stop in and see us in the pop up group every now and then.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:23 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanx,
About the scam on overseas buyers, I didn't think that was going on in the RV market. My brother sells and buys ATV and offroad vehicles and parts. He said that it is a very common scam in the ATV online market. Ya I have a copy of the RV Trader and that might be my 2nd option. It seems that the 54 pop-up trailers on Ebay right are receiving a lot of bids and interest. I have 1200+ hits on it in 3 days and a 18 bids with a high of $2000.
Called my dealer today to set up a date to take ownership on my new Aerolite Cub trailer. I'll drop off a check next week, and have told the dealer that I will wait till March 28 or 29th to take ownership. This way I have till March 28, 2006 to be covered for any warranty work. I'll open her up and try to camp one weekend in March 2006 to make sure everything is working and no leaks. Beside here in Northern Ohio March is iffy at best to get out. Some of us at iRV2's Great Lake's region thread (Pond Piggies) are planning a late April southern Ohio weekend trip.